Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hello gbombadil,

thanks for reporting these problems! Can you help with the routing, especially for the crashing bug?
So you loaded VEPro VST3 into the RC standalone version, but how did you assign channels on other MIDI buses? Can you provide more details about the routing? I'd love to fix this bug.

I have no access to VEPro, but I loaded the RapidComposer VST3 into the standalone RapidComposer ;) which also supports multiple MIDI buses but I could not make it crash whatever I did in the plug-in.

Thanks!
Attila

Sure Thing! I'll do my best to provide all the details.

let's start with VePro Setup. (Screenshot4.png)

I have one instance with 48 audio and midi channels respectively. (Screenshot attached, AudioChannels.png).

In practice though the plugin detects RC only creates one stereo pair and only allow you to use the out1&2 (stereo pair) to route audio out. (Screenshot attached, OutputChannels.png)

Now the Midi part which is the interesting one. 

I have 4 section groups each one mapped to one Midi Port (Winds 1, Brass 2, Percussion 3, Strings 4)
Inside I host one instrument per MIDI Bus+Channel (BBCSO Is a single instrument plugin one)

Every instrument is routed to Out1/2 since are the only ones available in VePro because RC only connects to this ones. 

Now lets look in RC (ScreenshotRC.png)

I created the same track configuration, 
4 Folders, one instrument per track.
In each track I added the same Vienna Ensemble Pro Instance. and only changed the Channel to the respective one in VePro.

This is where we found the first bug. (RCInstrumentSelection.png). the one with no crash.
When in the instrument selection I tried to click on the "Loaded instance" of Vienna Ensemble Pro, when the dropdown selection closes after clinking on it It returns back to the default instrument (in my case, General MIDI) So in order to select the same "loaded instance" what I do is I click on the "Vienna Ensemble Pro x64.vst3" item below "VST3 instruments: " category

In summary I have to pick row 5 of the selection list instead of row 2 of the dropdown list.

When the selection list closes the instrument says Vienna Ensemble Pro (instance 2) so then I can go to the dropodown list again and pick the instance 1 and the selection works and automatically the instance 2 is deleted of the dropdown list effectively keeping only one real instance connected in every track.

Now the other problem, the one with the crash to desktop (RCInstrumentChannels.png)

In the channel selection as you can see, I mapped the tracks in reaper to the appropiate Channel/Bus combination. So far so good.

So when selecting the track, let say "Pc", the 1st one, I hit my connected external MIDI keyboard and play some notes and it works great. Lets remember track  "Pc" is on Midi Bus 1, Midi Chan 1 (Midi 1/1 for short)

Same happens when selecting track "Fl" with is on Midi 1/2

But when clicking on the Track "Hn" which as you can see in the screenshot is on channel 17 or in better terms Midi 2/1 and hit my connected external MIDI keyboard. exactly at that moment, the RC window closes and Im left with my windows background and the process RapidComposer.exe gone from the Task Manager

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you need additional information or screenshots.

Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:29 pm v4 phrases can be read, but v3 phrases (like the ones you attached) are not supported since v4.5.
I can send you an older version that is able to import them, where you can save them in v4 format.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila
Hello.

Thanks Attila.
I'm sorry I didn't write you sooner.

I have some older versions, so I'll load the file into it and see if it converts.

Also, with the Mac version of RC5.0.5, when I select a different audio interface, Rapid Composer window is forcibly resized, and I can't change the window size until I restart RC.

I don't know if the problem only occurs on my Mac.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry!

First pic was "after changing the Audio I/F".

Second pic was "before changing the Audio I/F".

Hi Attila,

Just saw the maintenance update no sign of the rest feature yet will that be coming this week ? :tu:

lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 pm Hi Attila,

Just saw the maintenance update no sign of the rest feature yet will that be coming this week ? :tu:
I want to finish the AI assistant which is very close now. Then comes the rest feature, so it's not forgotten...

Thanks,
Attila

milktrack88 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:53 pm Sorry!

OMG! Now I realized this is on a retina screen. (After I could not reproduce it on a non-retina screen.) I'll check and fix this tomorrow. I am sorry for this embarrassing bug!

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:19 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 pm

I want to finish the AI assistant which is very close now. Then comes the rest feature, so it's not forgotten...

Thanks,
Attila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFtFgRvhW8

Here is a program that people have been looking for for four years. Just look at the feedback and see how excited people are about having this kind of feature. Could this AI with RC allow users to input thousands of MIDI files? Then RC would then meticulously analyze this wealth of musical data to generate new, unique patterns exclusively inspired by the imported MIDI files. This option holds immense appeal for those passionate about crafting music in their preferred style, offering a tailored and inspired creative experience ?

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:22 pm
milktrack88 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:53 pm Sorry!

OMG! Now I realized this is on a retina screen. (After I could not reproduce it on a non-retina screen.) I'll check and fix this tomorrow. I am sorry for this embarrassing bug!

Thanks!
Attila
I am sorry, I was not able to reproduce this with v5.0.5 on a retina screen (the latest update is v5.0.7). Was the RC window dragged between screens? Is there anything special with your setup?

Thank you!
Attila

lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:21 pm Here is a program that people have been looking for for four years. Just look at the feedback and see how excited people are about having this kind of feature. Could this AI with RC allow users to input thousands of MIDI files? Then RC would then meticulously analyze this wealth of musical data to generate new, unique patterns exclusively inspired by the imported MIDI files. This option holds immense appeal for those passionate about crafting music in their preferred style, offering a tailored and inspired creative experience ?
No, what you refer to is machine learning. The AI assistant will be able to suggest chords/progressions/phrases based on your description that you can insert directly into the composition. It does not just suggest things, but also explain the choices/decisions made.

I have spent weeks with what you described, and the UI is finished completely (setting up MIDI files, training, saving the resulting style, etc). Everything works in RC, but the results are rubbish. In the meantime I have learnt to use more layers with more neurons, so I'll be smarter when I'll return to this problem, hopefully soon. My primary goal was exactly what you described.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:33 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:21 pm
Thanks,
Attila

I was more showing the video to reference to the demand that people have when they hear something they like and want to create something very similar. There is a great demand for software that lets you hear a melody and then create something very similar, which I'm really hoping this latest AI update will be able to achieve. But as always, I'm sure you will make this so advanced and be able to do so many different things when it comes to MIDI AND AI. :tu:

Crash .

RC 5.07 Crashes in Bitwig while attempting to use the Percussion Generator. Happens every time.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:19 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 pm

Thanks,
Attila

I understand you're still trying to sort out the AI side of things but is there any chance that you could just add this rest feature in, as you know it's a request that quite a few people are looking for and it a much needed and useful feature that RC is missing.

Thanks in advance :tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”