Quark skin (updated again + light version)

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

To thank Chris for his outstanding work on his modular synth, I've made a new skin for it: Quark (updated to v2)
I've released it under my Inkonstant designer name.
As in the picture shown, I've changed the Sonigen Logo but the default one is provided too.
I had great fun with KnobMan and I hope you appreciate the result.

Download

Last edited by Ghostwave on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Looks really great :)
Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis

Karten wrote: I'll upload it tomorrow for your own enjoyment.
Looks cool! If you want me to put it on my website site just email it to me. Or if you would prefer I can just add a link to it.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Skin uploaded and message sent to you Chris. :)

Hah!

Hah! You used my favorite knobs from real life! Cool!

I think every module should have something visually unique and distinguishing so it would be easier and faster for the eye and mind to find the right modules when patching.. However, on the contrary if the UI becomes too busy, it is counter productive. So some kind of subtle compromise is probably the right way to do it?

- Jesse -

Jesse J wrote:I think every module should have something visually unique and distinguishing so it would be easier and faster for the eye and mind to find the right modules when patching.
I definitely agree with you on this but the skinning possiblities of the Sonigen Modular don't allow that (yet ... ?)

Knobs look great, but I don't like the faders. This is funny. Last night, I included your knobs in the skin bult by the other dude, and sort of reched an ideal skin. But I think you could come with better faders. Thanks for your work, anyway.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, there's also the fact that when patch-points are added, the modules grow vertically, plus the user can drag the patch-points as he wishes (great feature!), so any static background images will not work.

Perhaps we should go in the laid back visual style Chris has used so far, but perhaps as a community find some nice color scheme that just works?

I think Chris had in mind that modules with different functions have different colors, but they still fall into certain groups, like

- Oscillators, samplers, wavetable
- LFO, AD, ADSR
- Filters
- Logic modules, sequencers
- Effects

etc.

I think you guys get the idea.

Another way to do things could be that each module would have a little arrow that lets the user fold open a panel that holds all the patch-points and their attenuators, a bit like in Reason where you can fold open/close each rack item. There could be a global open and close for all panels and then individual open/close for each module. If this would be implemented, then a static background image for each module could be used and the patch-points would open beneath using a global (skinnable) gui look... I don't know how much of a hassle and how much extra work this would be for Chris thou, he is busy as is.

I would love to write more thoughts, but I have to drive wife & kids to the train station... more later!

Discussion please! :P

Irrelevant now.

Skin updated to v2.

Pretty much everything has changed. See first post for screenshot and download link.
Enjoy :-)

I have just updated the skin to v2.1
I had forgotten to include the graphics for the uni-directional horizontal sliders ...

Besides, I tried to make a lighter version.
Here is the result:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you want it (I actually prefer it to the regular version), here is the link:
Quark light

Cheers,

Return to “Sonigen”