Outakes Query

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the Miro outakes. I was part of the group buy, and haven't had a chance to download them yet. Sorry if they've been asked before.

First, do I need SampleTank to use them? I don't need ST to use Miroslav Philharmonik in Sonar. Do I need ST for the outakes?

Second, are they in a separate folder of their own? Apparently there are a few minor tuning glitches etc with the outtakes, so I would prefer they were not integrated into Miroslav Philharmonik - in other words, once the outtakes are downloaded I would like to be able to easily distinguish them from the normal Miroslav patches.

Would be grateful for any feedback.

J

Yes the tuning is a little out there. Some of it is why they are outtakes and some of it can be fixed. We might tweak it and update it (also extending ranges in some cases). But that'll be a free update if we do it (which is very likely because I also want that for myself! They're really cool).

Now, yes you DO need SampleTank but you can just go get SampleTank FREE from www.ikmultimedia.com Download that and it can be read by SampleTank. As for keeping it separate, yes you can and it's REAL easy with SampleTank. It's folder based meaning that SampleTank browses to a folder and it will then load anything that is subfoldered. You can always put all or any of your SampleTank sounds inside one folder and browse to it. Or if you prefer you can have SampleTank browse just to the Miroslav Outtakes folder and your Miroslav Philharmonik browsing only to its own folder (which is all Philharmonik can read anyway).

When I say "browse to it" I mean you hit the "prefs" button the SampleTank GUI and then it asks where on your hard drive(s) the folder is that you want to read the sounds of. Super easy. Hope that helps.

Many thanks Squids - that's very helpful. I'll download SampleTank Free and give that a whirl. Since I have 4 more free ST libraries to download, courtesy of the group buy, my only problem will be what to choose! That was a great deal ... many thanks.

J

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”