Mac installation failing

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not complaining, btw - none of these are big issues for me. Just trying to help debug the RC...

None of the stuff I'm currently experiencing now happened until moving from the terminal installer to packagemaker - could it be an issue there?

I only have one (admin) account on my whole computer... are there permissions on any files/folders I should try changing to see if that's causing the problem?

Happy to help debug if I can.

Yes, it is the stupid packagemaker that is not setting file permissions correctly... I'll investigate this further tomorrow...
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Afraid I may have spoken too soon...

Clicking on some of the new 2.5 presets, like african thumb piano, crashes Logic. Also, presets of my own which had been working fine as au. presets now crash logic when clicked on.

Reverting back to the newest pre-packagemaker version I have (.68) solves this. Was there another change in SM since .68 that would necessitate re-saving any .au presets as synthmaster format presets?

Well, a lot of things have changed regarding presets, but I always tried to preserve compatibility. If you could email me an au preset that crashes I can fix the issue!
Works at KV331 Audio

Removed Synthmaster then installed 2.5.2.95: crashes both Live and Logic Auval with a Sigbus/kernel protection fault.

Gamma-UT wrote:Removed Synthmaster then installed 2.5.2.95: crashes both Live and Logic Auval with a Sigbus/kernel protection fault.
This is all because of folder permissions that are screwed up by PackageMaker. Tonight I'll try another installer named Packages, I hope that'll work.

In the worst case, will switch back to the command line script :(
Works at KV331 Audio

I finally figured out how to use PackageMaker correctly. A fix is coming tonight fellows!
Works at KV331 Audio

Hey guys, please download the latest build: 2.5.2.97! I fixed the MacOSX installer!

Tested as

1) regular user
2) admin user

Both worked! During installation you should login as administrator though, since the installer is writing files under /Library/
Works at KV331 Audio

Newest build: Everything works!!! No repeated startup messages, no crashes on loading either factory or .au presets...

Fabulous job! Thanks so much!

andrelafosse wrote:Newest build: Everything works!!! No repeated startup messages, no crashes on loading either factory or .au presets...

Fabulous job! Thanks so much!
One thing remaining, just fixed: When you instantiate a new SynthMaster instance, a click is heard initially.

Will upload a fix tonight for this.

EDIT: I'm also working on the online browser. Hopefuly I'll make it work tonight :D
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”