Mac installation failing

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm happy to test it out.

The data folders probably don't need to move: the permissions issue seems to be the result of a bug in PackageMaker more than anything. Most plug-ins will install into the main Library/Application Support folder - the user needs to supply the admin password to complete the install but that's normal.

Gamma-UT wrote:I'm happy to test it out.

The data folders probably don't need to move: the permissions issue seems to be the result of a bug in PackageMaker more than anything. Most plug-ins will install into the main Library/Application Support folder - the user needs to supply the admin password to complete the install but that's normal.
Yeah, but SynthMaster writes to /Library/Application Support/SynthMaster folder, so all users running SynthMaster must have write access on that folder.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:I'm happy to test it out.

Yeah, but SynthMaster writes to /Library/Application Support/SynthMaster folder, so all users running SynthMaster must have write access on that folder.
In principle, as long as the permissions set up in the package file allow sufficient access for the writeable folders (eg 'everyone'), everything should be peachy.

I thought I'd got it working after altering the permissions but the 2.5.85 beta isn't opening in any host (Live, Logic, Renoise) on OS X 10.6.8. The problem may be related to file placement as it isn't getting as far as opening in the Logic AU validator.

I am having issues on 10.5.8, when I try and install the latest demo installer it instals everything into the root directory, even if I move the files to the listed locations it still will not work.

not really sure what to do.

mike_o wrote:I am having issues on 10.5.8, when I try and install the latest demo installer it instals everything into the root directory, even if I move the files to the listed locations it still will not work.

not really sure what to do.
Hopefuly tonight I will have a new release with a different installer. Will let you guys know!
Works at KV331 Audio

So I found these tips for PackageMaker:

http://homepage.mac.com/simx/technonova ... aller.html

I hope they'll help us fellows!
Works at KV331 Audio

Could you guys please do me a favor and test the latest installer 2.5.2.94?

Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

Just tried the new installer, it puts everything in the right places but will not pass validation scan, something to do with permissions.

HD/Library/application support/KV331/synthmaster/logs - is the location listed, but there is no file in that directory at all.

mike_o wrote:Just tried the new installer, it puts everything in the right places but will not pass validation scan, something to do with permissions.

HD/Library/application support/KV331/synthmaster/logs - is the location listed, but there is no file in that directory at all.
Apparently SM can not write to that folder. I thought I set the permissions correctly, shoot :?

Anyhow, let me log on as a "regular" user and try the installation again! :D
Works at KV331 Audio

Try running as an admin user until I fix this tonight! I ran as a regular user and yes there were folder permissions issues.
Works at KV331 Audio

I was running as admin user when this hapened.

Still no joy I'm afraid: it's installing the folders as user 'wheel' with permissions set to '700'. Redoing them to 777 doesn't help and the VST doesn't pass the Live scan. The VST version is showing as 2.5.1.43; can't determine it for the AU.

v.2.5.2.95 in Logic 9.1.4, Mac OS 10.5.8 - overall is good!

Things I notice:

When installing intially, it goes through the "initializing wavetables" and "detecting user waveforms" stages several times.

Also, each time the plug-in is opened in Logic, it says "synthmaster is being run for the first time" and goes through the wavetable initialization and user waveform import run, even if I open new instances several times in a row in the same project without closing the project first.

The preset browser has sounds filtered to v.2.5 presets by default, which caused me some confusion - I was wondering where a lot of the presets for different sound designers were, and it wasn't until I scrolled down a ways that I saw the 2.5 filter was checked by default.

Other than that, so far so good - thanks again for all of the work and energy on this!

--Andre

Andre: I think in your system there are permission issues, that's why you get those messages each time you instantiate SynthMaster. I really hate the fact that I dont know much about unix/OSX so I stil couldnt fix this issue. Maybe I should write temporary data to shared global folders on both Win/Mac, which'd solve those issues :(
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”