Subz 2.5 Skin Fix

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Warning! not currently compatible with RC2]

Hay all,

i'm far from a pro but i wanted to help Bulent get all 3 current skins matching & fix up a few of the new buttons as best i could

i have also removed the arrows in the mod mapper page as they no longer do any thing & renamed the [1-8] button to [Map]

here is how they look

just add these 3 folders to "\Resources\Skins" they will not over write the originals

https://sites.google.com/site/djsubject/SubzSkins.rar

there are many fix's on these skins but the one i could not fix was the keyscaler

can you fix this Bulent? (or any one that knows what there doing!) the keys show up in the GUI editor but.......,

might also be worth making the upload & online button link to a pop up window saying coming soon or something?

Subz
Last edited by djsubject on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I thought I read before that there was talk of looking for someone new to redesign the skins for SM 2.5? How is that going?

I like it's look already, it's cool as-is :)
I was just wondering about that.

Examigan wrote:I thought I read before that there was talk of looking for someone new to redesign the skins for SM 2.5? How is that going?

AFAIK the plan is to get a new GUI for 2.6

Subz

djsubject wrote:
Examigan wrote:I thought I read before that there was talk of looking for someone new to redesign the skins for SM 2.5? How is that going?

Subz
Thanks for the info and nice work on those skins :)

djsubject wrote:

Subz
That's what I understood too. But somehow I don't really understand that decision unless the new GUI will be only a choice for the user. Because most people might buy it with the current GUI in mind. It would be a little strange if you buy a synth in a 2.5 version and with the 2.6 version it would be totally different to look at and to work with (layout changes). If it were a 3.0 it would be more understandable imo :shrug: :)

Nielzie wrote:
djsubject wrote:

Subz
That's what I understood too. But somehow I don't really understand that decision unless the new GUI will be only a choice for the user. Because most people might buy it with the current GUI in mind. It would be a little strange if you buy a synth in a 2.5 version and with the 2.6 version it would be totally different to look at and to work with (layout changes). If it were a 3.0 it would be more understandable imo :shrug: :)
As long as they are inter-changeable and you can load whatever skin you want, that would be cool! 8)

Thanks, I'm very grateful. :)

OK these no longer work correctly in RC2! :(

to copy the 12db boost will be easy but the vector stuff looks to be a challenge

but let me have a play!

wish me luck

djsubject wrote:OK these no longer work correctly in RC2! :(

to copy the 12db boost will be easy but the vector stuff looks to be a challenge

but let me have a play!

wish me luck
I just copied your updated images for RC2, didnt merge the interface.xml changes.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
djsubject wrote:OK these no longer work correctly in RC2! :(

but let me have a play!

wish me luck
I just copied your updated images for RC2, didnt merge the interface.xml changes.
i noticed some of the images are updated :) (in this one i made a Map button to replace the 1-8 button also)

in the XML file there are many fix's, colours of all the new buttons, lining up of elements (mostly but not solely in Orange theme) 2D envelope on blue & orange themes,

Subz

I'll get a diff of my version and your version then! and implement the changes.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:I'll get a diff of my version and your version then! and implement the changes.
cool! :D

if you need any thing from me let me know brother!!

Subz

BTW, how about moving the osc section to upper left, and layer to lower left?

I've received a comment on that from a pro gui designer?

Shall I do that?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:BTW, how about moving the osc section to upper left, and layer to lower left?

I've received a comment on that from a pro gui designer?

Shall I do that?

Hmmm,

OSC is normally the first point of call,

but the layer info should still be first IMO

ideal thing would be to swap filter & OSC panels so osc is pre filter

but moving any top panels to the bottom will involve editing the png's for the background blocks

OR

did you want me to try edit these blocks?

& if yes what two are you going to swap?

Personally i'm used to the current way so i'm fine with the current layout but i can see for new user to put OSC Pre Filter would be better!

Subz

Return to “KV331 Audio”