SYN'X 2.5 Released - Xils-Lab - (Multitimbral Synthex - intro discount-)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syn'X

Just a little remark regarding the Synthix VS the exact original GUI/Design : I already talked about this in the original teaser thread, but it might be worth saying it again here :

1/ The Synthix, with its current GUI, can reproduce the EXACT SAME possibilities and signal path than its ancester.

2/ However, we think that a modern synth should propose MORE than just an emulation, - provided the emulation part is a success, wich is a very valid debate -

Therefore we added so much features to the Synthix, that it was no more questionable for us to decide to strictly stick with the original layout, or adpat it and take it as a source of inspiration for what we wanted to offer to musicians.

A simple example : On the original panel you could choose Oscillator range with a lot of switches. Something we replaced by a five position vertical selector. Same function, takes a lot less place on the UI, preserve a kind of vintage feel.

Then we needed a lot of room to implement some components who enhance the original design, and brand new never seen features.

Here again each component implementation was balanced and thought after, each button/slider/switch was severely debated, and after a myriad of versions, we ended with the final version, wich we feel is both very ergonomic and effective to work with, as well as hopefully pleasing for the eye.

So to summarize : our goal was to offer the best possible emulation, together with a very innovative modern synth, a syndrom also known as " Best of both worlds". Future, and you, will tell us and decide if we succeeded in this task.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

DELETED

Any idea what's the possible price range for it? The gui looks nice. :oops:
musisikamar.com

maxxxter wrote:That's all fine and jolly Loutzia; my only problem is that, when I look at it, am not getting the feeling of "OMG that's Synthex! Let's play with it!" but rather a "Oh no, that's just another generic VA, I'll let it pass". :?

IMO, the mistake was to make the GUI white (original is black), also that blank patch in the middle makes all the rest of the modules look amateurishly cramped around.

And the overall grey look makes it look dead.

But that's just me. Others seem to like it.
Its not white its aluminium :shrug:

As for the blank patch in the middle yes its filled up with all layers management tools when you go in advanced layer edit mode :)

Btw the Synthix picture has been updated on the site. Clean one now. Dont know if you have seen it :)

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

DELETED
Last edited by maxxxter on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuzia wrote: Btw the Synthix picture has been updated on the site. Clean one now. Dont know if you have seen it :)

LtZ
certainly looks readable and clear, but damn, thats so boring..grey grey grey :(

brick wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
brick wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
brick wrote:Its stunning , best sound design softsynth I've had my hands on .
Ahh so we can expect some BT presets..? :D
:-o :)
Oh lol, sorry Simon, I meant SD of course, no idea why I wrote BT :-o :lol:
I thought u were just joking :) But yeah the SD presets are just about done , its an inspiring synth , I cant stop making sounds for it , Xavier & Laurent really got the mix just right .
Thanks Simon :hug:

Just finished a review of some of your presets and WOW :tu:

Just love them !

What is especially cool is that some also used the new never seen features. I'm very glad they inspired you !

LtZ

64bit version coming?

penguinfromdeep wrote:Can't wait!
Thanks Penguin :)

Soon .......

VERY soon :)

LtZ

breakmixer wrote:
......... For me it's in this order, stupid as it may seem...

1. User interface
2. Sound
3. Ease of use/patch management
4. Do I actually need it, does it outshine what I already have?

Reasons-

1. User interface is the initial gear lust for me

2. Good Demo song, preset demo's, youtube videos and reviews! Torley anyone? or Sonic State?

3. Is where Xaviers synths are good(Patch management), unlike Alchemy(Great synth btw) where you cannot search by leads, bass etc, you have to do artist - leads, no, wrong artist, artist - leads, no wrong artist - oh where the f**k is that lead???! :x

4. Avoiding impulse buys and saving money! :oops:
First times Xils-Lab gets fills Kudos in KVR for its preset management system.

I think its one of the best ( except full tagging management system with all the rebuild database consequences etc a la NI ) available.

Its extremely fast, though more than reasonably powerfull. Tha,ks for that Breakmixer :) :) :)

Else your 1/2/3/4 are as valid as could have been 4/2/1/3 wich would have been my personal choice.

But yes I guess everybody should avoid impulse buys. That is, if I could ...... I would be very happy :hihi: :hihi:

LtZ

Ingonator wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Ingonator wrote:So finally the name is not far from the original synth, in fact it's only one letter... :wink:

I am looking forward to the release. I guess i'll be one of the first to get this. :)

Ingo
Thanks Ingo :)
i have a feeling that this could be exactly the synth i waited for and i know how good the PolyKB II already was... :)

Will there be a discount for PolyKB II users?

I got mine from the sale at Don't Crack (for 89$) so i don't know if it qualifies.

Ingo
To Ingo and Rosebudd : There will be a more than insteresting intro price :)

Dont worry !

LtZ

Igro wrote:i really like this GUI. Calming.
Thanks Igro :)

Its really cool to work with ime . Very relaxing. ( for me :shrug: )

There could be another "skin" available in a few months. This has not yet be decided. But thats an idea we had in mind for a log time and we also have screenshots and preveiw versions of different guis.

Maybe it would be a good poll subject içn the future to let people choose the alternative GUI they enjoy the most ?

Anyway glad you liked the GUI.

Our graphic artist has made dozens of pro GUIs for different items. He doesnt work only for VSTI. He's very demanded in all kind of industrial works as well !

And he is very talented ( imho)

LtZ

darsho wrote:I am not interested in sound design at all, but I'd surely buy a discounted player or LE version or soemthing like that.
Hi Darsho,

Like for the PolyKB II, a whole team of very talented guys has worked hard to offer you the possibly best instrument panel : Different styles, different approaches in Sound Design, different flavors, and in the end multiple colours to add for YOUR music :wink:

So those of you who are mainly into presets wont be disapointed I guess.

LtZ

maxxxter wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Btw the Synthix picture has been updated on the site. Clean one now. Dont know if you have seen it :)

My point it: it doesn't feel like Synthex, it doesn't look like one either.
I hope you'll at least nail the sound. It's still hard to judge by the sound examples you provided.
Perhaps you can offer an option to chose between this new, modern look and the classic one (which you could re-create) during the install. That'd be fair, I think.
Hi MAxxxter,

Well some guys on "the_other_very_hardware_gurus_oriented_forum" had already guessed the name_of_the_ancester, only with the few A/B comparisons, and the birds demo.

It happens that there's somewhere on the net a demo of the original with the same birds. And we were not aware of this I can swear. Anyway it was enough for a bunch of these smart sound detectives to guess what the synth was !

Needless to say it was greatly encouraging for us, because at that time, several weeks ago, we knew we were on the good way.

But you're right : There will be a lot of additional demo material for people to decide if the synth is for them... or not !

Additionnaly a Dongleless Demo will be available :)

Could we do less ?

And to Krim : 64 bits version are schedulled, though not with a precise date. Some are working, but atm the AU version is still buggy. So no ETA, but WIP yes .

LtZ

Lotuzia wrote:Btw the Synthix picture has been updated on the site. Clean one now. Dont know if you have seen it :)

LtZ
What I do like about it mostly is the fact this looks mega easy/obvious to use(and learn with as I'm now a tweaker as opposed to a preset surfer), so I hope you consider an introductory price as you did with PolyKB II... :D

Please do make it re-skin able choicewise - A few of us don't like the overtly grey look, the aluminium bit is fine - but I'd prefer a bit of colour contrast to make it look more fun to use :clown:

To be honest I was holding out only for D16's Lush101(for ages :roll: ), but been side tracked by Xavier's synths since their arrival on the scene... :x :lol: Your marketing must be working - plus I believe Xavier actually LISTENS to his users...that counts for alot in my book...So you got my support...if I got the cash that is! :(

BTW I've yet to hear any VA VST synth do that wet, bubbling sound, my Plugiator DSP synth can achieve it! Is it possible you can do that with either PolyKB II or the new Synthix, I'm sure you know what I mean LTZ... :)

Return to “Instruments”