SYN'X 2.5 Released - Xils-Lab - (Multitimbral Synthex - intro discount-)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syn'X

djanthonyw wrote:Sounds like this could be the best analog emulation to date.
Hi DJ Anthonyw,

The Synthix covers a sytnh history period that was just forgotten. It has a feet in both worlds, mainly analog and a tiny bit of digital, and this particular flavor is the base and disctintive mark of its sound.

So its a different emulation from what are the PolyKB II or the Xils3 for example, or what are the KOrg Legacy Collection or Ace

So it has a sound of its own, wich wa favored by famous electronic music composers, and will compliment very well any existing arsenal and fleet of VA synths.

Some more details :

• Synthix has 8 totally independant Layers.
    The Maximal Polyphony is 16 voices
    It has a Split mode and a Guitar mode ( Special Multitimbral mode )
    5 filters on board ( 2 LP, 2 BP, 1 HP ) Each Layer can have its own filter

To be continued ...

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

The UI looks dull IMO(Grey and gloomy), may be a good idea if Xavier makes it possible to change the UI colour as it's not a strict emulation. I actually think it looks ok apart from that...

I haven't got a Yellow VA! :wink:

Not that it's going to affect the sound or usablity of course! :P
before someone says it...Just my immediate reaction to the UI...

DELETED

breakmixer wrote:The UI looks dull IMO(Grey and gloomy), may be a good idea if Xavier makes it possible to change the UI colour as it's not a strict emulation. I actually think it looks ok apart from that...

I haven't got a Yellow VA! :wink:

Not that it's going to affect the sound or usablity of course! :P
before someone says it...Just my immediate reaction to the UI...
Hi Breakmixer,

what you're looking at on the Xsynth teaser page is a degraded Jpeg in a puzzle form used as a teaser for the Xils-Lab newsletters.

Degraded because there's a special PS filter used to blur and burble things, and the broken puzzle aspect probably doenst add to the clarity :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: .

The definitive GUI is neat and clear and very relaxing to work with. Of of course HQ.

What is really puzzling me is that the first GUI we used was ....... YELLOW.

There are plans to offer one or two different GUIs however ( Including a Yellow one so) ( Not a full skinnable system, as the Synthix UI is too complex to offer this, not mentioning its Mac and PC, AU, etc etc )

To MAxxxtter : Previous Xils-Lab were often described as beautiful ( Take a look at the Xils3 or PolyKB II if you're not convinced). BUT ..... some people of course thought they were too old fashioned/wood panels aso.

When you have the final GUI feel free to add some comments. We know you can't PLEASE everybody with a GUI :)

Then I'm aware that as there are atm only GUI and features to discuss, things are just following the normal way. Thanks for your encouragements nevertheless :)

Btw there are already some soundbits on the teaser page but very few. But they can be commented as well :)

Be assured that we'll add a lot more in the coming weeks.

As Breakmixer said the main thing is the sound. And soudwise hopefully the Synthix will prove its the legitimate heir of its glorious ancester.

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: As Breakmixer said the main thing is the sound.
with the GUI being readable (not like the original polykb) a very close second...its its not user friendly its a big no go.

Kriminal wrote:
with the GUI being readable (not like the original polykb) a very close second...its its not user friendly its a big no go.
What are you talking about ? On the PolyKB only one or two symbols ( morphing waveforms ) were a bit difficult to read depending on the knob position between a myriad of knobs, controls, switches.

Wich was clearly not enough to prevent thousands of people to love and adopt it.

But anyway we learned a lot about this.

On the Synthix every label is uber clear and readable, so that I really dont know what you're talking about : So what is a no go precisely ? :shrug:

LtZ

you just said it yourself, some labels were unreadable, and you have clealry listened to users and changed that for the new synth, so well done.

Nielzie wrote:
brick wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
brick wrote:Its stunning , best sound design softsynth I've had my hands on .
Ahh so we can expect some BT presets..? :D
:-o :)
Oh lol, sorry Simon, I meant SD of course, no idea why I wrote BT :-o :lol:
I thought u were just joking :) But yeah the SD presets are just about done , its an inspiring synth , I cant stop making sounds for it , Xavier & Laurent really got the mix just right .

Can't wait!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Kriminal wrote:
I spotted the cross wire - Kriminal meant 'With a gui being readable playing second post to a good sounding engine, if a UI is unreadable it's a big no-go for a VST synth'

He didn't imply Synthix was not readable - he was saying about the importance of a good UI - the mistake was "it's" twice instead of "if it's"...

I actually read it like that, amazing how a spelling mistake can do that, sending out a wrong vibe... :)

For me it's in this order, stupid as it may seem...

1. User interface
2. Sound
3. Ease of use/patch management
4. Do I actually need it, does it outshine what I already have?

Reasons-

1. User interface is the initial gear lust for me

2. Good Demo song, preset demo's, youtube videos and reviews! Torley anyone? or Sonic State?

3. Is where Xaviers synths are good(Patch management), unlike Alchemy(Great synth btw) where you cannot search by leads, bass etc, you have to do artist - leads, no, wrong artist, artist - leads, no wrong artist - oh where the f**k is that lead???! :x

4. Avoiding impulse buys and saving money! :oops:

Lotuzia wrote:
Ingonator wrote:So finally the name is not far from the original synth, in fact it's only one letter... :wink:

I am looking forward to the release. I guess i'll be one of the first to get this. :)

Ingo
Thanks Ingo :)
i have a feeling that this could be exactly the synth i waited for and i know how good the PolyKB II already was... :)

Will there be a discount for PolyKB II users?

I got mine from the sale at Don't Crack (for 89$) so i don't know if it qualifies.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I hope there's a nice discount for existing xils3/polykb licensees . . . . . :)

i really like this GUI. Calming.

aMUSEd wrote:You should have called it SYTHINX :)
That name would look too much to (the Synton) Syrinx, which was a different kind of weird analog synth. (I owned one of the 20 blue ones ever produced)

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/synton_syrinx.php
http://www.dutchsynth.nl/Synton_synth_syrinx.html
(website including schematics, for the DIY's)

But if this Synthix lives up to its expectations, I will buy!

I am not interested in sound design at all, but I'd surely buy a discounted player or LE version or soemthing like that.
Planet Ugh @ Soundcloud & Facebook
Dusk to Dawn @ Facebook

Return to “Instruments”