changes to ports / sockets / whatever the jargon is?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember something being said about the inputs and outputs for parameters being changed at some point.

Has this happened yet? I haven't had an update for a while cause I've been plugging away at other things. If I install the lastest version will it stop old tracks working properly? And if so, what do I need to do to keep everything working ok?

Do (windows) hosts only scan DLL files? If I renamed the older version as SynthMaster.old or something would I then be able to change it back again if I need to (if I find an old version of something that doesn't work right, for example)?

Cheers!

(And I'll be checking out the demo tracks in a bit, before starting my own!)
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

kx.001 wrote:I remember something being said about the inputs and outputs for parameters being changed at some point.

Has this happened yet? I haven't had an update for a while cause I've been plugging away at other things. If I install the lastest version will it stop old tracks working properly? And if so, what do I need to do to keep everything working ok?

Do (windows) hosts only scan DLL files? If I renamed the older version as SynthMaster.old or something would I then be able to change it back again if I need to (if I find an old version of something that doesn't work right, for example)?

Cheers!

(And I'll be checking out the demo tracks in a bit, before starting my own!)
backup the hole Synthmaster2 folder that's in your vst plugins folder,

then you can just restore it if & when needed

Subz

Yes, make sure you backup!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

What do I need to do to make sure old patches work correctly in the latest version? I usually just let the host save the settings, rather than save my own copies of the patch.
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

kx.001 wrote:What do I need to do to make sure old patches work correctly in the latest version? I usually just let the host save the settings, rather than save my own copies of the patch.
host saving the presets is fine, because it saves exactly the same data as in a preset file. But saving as presets files could allow me debug issues in case you have any, so it's a good strategy.
Works at KV331 Audio

Has any of you been using automation curves in your VST host?

I might need to add a couple more parameters one last time before freezing the changes :(
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Has any of you been using automation curves in your VST host?

I might need to add a couple more parameters one last time before freezing the changes :(

automation curves?

you mean sloped vst automation? (as opposed to stepped vst automation?)

if you are adding a last set of host parameters please consider the LFO's sync settings!

currently it has vst host parameters with only two states (1/2 & 1/4) would be great if we could get all of them in to the same vst parameter!

so using host i can switch from 1/16 to 1/8 to 1/32 :)

Subz

Is anyone using parameter automation in their projects?

I might change parameter indexes one last time before going final on 2.5...
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”