Uploading presets

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I tried to upload my first SM2.5 preset from local to online and got an error. Is this functionality not available at the moment or is there something special that I need to do to be allowed to upload? I'm very interested in creating presets for SM2.5.

Regards

Anzoid

anzoid wrote:Hi, I tried to upload my first SM2.5 preset from local to online and got an error. Is this functionality not available at the moment or is there something special that I need to do to be allowed to upload? I'm very interested in creating presets for SM2.5.

Regards

Anzoid
I'll try to figure out the cause of this error. Somehow, I can upload, but not other users :?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

OK, thank you :)

anzoid wrote:OK, thank you :)
When you were designing the preset, how did you create it?

1. By starting with an existing one, editing it, and pressing "SaveAs" ?
2. or by pressing the "New" button, and start off with init/template preset?
Works at KV331 Audio

I started with another preset and then tried to save as. When I get some time this evening i'll try making something from scratch and upload the second way.

anzoid wrote:I started with another preset and then tried to save as. When I get some time this evening i'll try making something from scratch and upload the second way.
just remembered this:

There's a config file under Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt

There's a line in it that's used to connect to the web service. Please change it to:

Web Service Address=http://webservice.synthmaster.com/service.asmx

(no space within the http address)
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi, I started a new preset based on New -> Default Sound. It's nothing special, just a quick noise based rhythmic effect. I saved the preset locally and then tried to upload. Using either the original setting in the config file or the new one posted above (exited host, changed config, opened host and reloaded SynthMaster2) I got an error connecting to the service.

If there is anything you would like me to try I'm quite willing to help out :)

Just noticed something...

I edited the config file as directed. Exited host, etc., I then had another look in the config file to check I'd done it right and noticed that the relevant line had been changed - there was now a space between the dot and the asmx:
Web Service Address=http://webservice.synthmaster.com/service. asmx

I removed the space, saved, exited host, etc. tried the upload and then went back to the config file to find that it had changed again - the space was back in the same place. I've done this three times in a row now. I even checked that I'd saved the config file correctly each time - I had.

Hope this is of some help in tracking down the problem.

anzoid wrote:
Hope this is of some help in tracking down the problem.
Are you on Windows 7? If so, make sure you run with admin priviliges.
Works at KV331 Audio

Yeah, I'm on Win 7 64bit. I get the same thing happening whether I open the host with admin privileges or not - still getting the extra space show up and an error from connecting to service.

anzoid wrote:Yeah, I'm on Win 7 64bit. I get the same thing happening whether I open the host with admin privileges or not - still getting the extra space show up and an error from connecting to service.
Them somehow you can not write to the file? Try opening up NotePad as administrator and then load the config file with NotePad and try saving it.
Works at KV331 Audio

No problems opening, editing and saving the file.

Interesting thing to note this morning... the config file is no longer being modified when I try to upload a preset but I am still getting an error when trying to connect with the service. Can't explain that one :?

Guys, this is finally working. Everyone is welcome to upload their presets :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

We'll add version history on the server side, so when someone updates an online preset, prior versions will be stored on the server as well :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

I can upload Presets but i cant found it in the Online Library.

Return to “KV331 Audio”