Soniccouture Omnichord! Five bucks, all for Japan :)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the mail today, purchased instantly. Lovely sample library too - sounds cheap in the best possible way! :D

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/g28-omnichord/

Glad you like it, thanks for your donation!

Definitely gonna get this. It's the least all of us can do for Japan!

I'll do my small part to help in the tragedy unfolding.

Very mellow, soothing sounds.
Last edited by arachnaut on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Spreading the word, that's a very generous act from Sonicculture. :D

I bought it... thank you for being so generous. :)

Kudos on this very generous acts to one of the best and most creative sample developers in the sample biz.

You folks should post this in the Marketplace too, if you haven't already done so. I stumbled upon this thread due to it showing up in the "What's New" Forum Posts section module.

Thanks for your generosity. I'm downloading the library at this moment.

Yeah this needs to be in the deals.. I only found it by randomly clicking on gearslutz threads.

This appears to be a win-win-win: We get an interesting instrument, you get a big tax write off, and Japan gets some much needed aid money.

VitaminD wrote: you get a big tax write off,
we're not doing this for tax reasons.. as i understand it ( and i'm no expert) we won't pay tax on the money we donate to the Red Cross, but why would that be any extra benefit to us as a company? since we are donating 100% of it, all it means is that the taxman is not taking any of your donation.

James

soniccouture wrote:
we're not doing this for tax reasons.. as i understand it ( and i'm no expert) we won't pay tax on the money we donate to the Red Cross, but why would that be any extra benefit to us as a company? since we are donating 100% of it, all it means is that the taxman is not taking any of your donation.

Perhaps laws are much different in businessland and now I see you are in London.. so it is probably different.. But that 100% would constitute part of your total revenue for the year. I figured your company was simply going to multiply the number of orders in this time range by 5 dollars from total yearly revenue and donate that amount. That way you could pay less in taxes when the end of the year comes. People do similar things to pay less taxes all the time.. I figured why not a company? :)

But I still consider it a good deal you are running.

ye-es, you're right - we will pay less tax, but only the tax on the amount that we have donated - so we don't get to keep any extra money or anything!

Bump!

VitaminD wrote:
soniccouture wrote:
Perhaps laws are much different in businessland and now I see you are in London.. so it is probably different.. But that 100% would constitute part of your total revenue for the year. I figured your company was simply going to multiply the number of orders in this time range by 5 dollars from total yearly revenue and donate that amount. That way you could pay less in taxes when the end of the year comes. People do similar things to pay less taxes all the time.. I figured why not a company? :)

But I still consider it a good deal you are running.
@VitaminD

Why would the tax implications of this or anything people do for a charitable cause even matter? Judging people's motives can be a superb rationalization for not doing anything, but it doesn't really add any value or make the world a better place.

SonicCoture is helping a good cause. Good for them if they can write it off. What's the problem with that if they do write it off? It doesn't even matter to helping this cause -- it certainly doesn't impede the effort. SonicCouture is a superb developer of sample libraries; they could easily have just made this library and sold it for a profit, but they didn't -- they did a really decent act and I would prefer to support their act, both with my wallet and in terms of encouragement.

Thanks so much, SonicCouture, for doing this. Purchasing this library was not a donation from me or others who bought it, as we got a nice library from a top notch sample developer for a very small sum of money. You folks are the ones who made the decision to invest your time into making a product that would help others instead of making a profit on it. I greatly appreciate and respect that. I wish there was more of these kinds of acts in the world.

- Peter

thanks Peter.

We donated GBP 4500 to the Red Cross on April 7th, and we will be making a final donation on 1st May, after the offer ends.

We're very grateful to everyone that purchased, allowing us to make such a significant donation.

James

Just bought it. Thanks for this generous offer and reaching out a helping hand.

Return to “Soniccouture”