2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

I have to say, the more I experiment with Breeze 2.1, the more I begin to truly love it and the more I start to see the mad genius behind it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andrew could you help please when convenient.

I've updated Breeze2 to 2.1.0

Have some of the Breeze Expansion packs been updated too ?
If so, which ones please?
I had them all (prior to 2.1.0) but in my downloads section I'm not 100% sure which may have been updated.

Thanks

Beatworld wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:21 am Andrew could you help please when convenient.

I've updated Breeze2 to 2.1.0

Have some of the Breeze Expansion packs been updated too ?
If so, which ones please?
I had them all (prior to 2.1.0) but in my downloads section I'm not 100% sure which may have been updated.

Thanks
All Preset Packs for Breeze were updated. The only change was that I noticed some presets where accidentally set with gains with something other than 0dB. I batch changed all presets to have a gain setting of + 0.0dB. You can re-download them from the web store.

However, yesterday I noticed a bug in the OS X version of 2.1. The gain of the wet signal (i.e. the reverb) is MUCH lower than it should be. Like 12dB lower than it should be!! If you are on OSX load a preset and disable Damp and EQ filters. The RMS (lower, more opaque) area of the meters should be more or less the same for input and output meters. Are they? Or is the wet (right) side significantly lower?

anyone on OS X also see this?

I was out of office last week and did not notice this until yesterday. The win version does not have this issue. The DSP code is shared between both versions, so this is something strange. Denis updated our compilers and made a new build and it seems to be ok now, but I am checking for other issues.

Andrew Souter wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm All Preset Packs for Breeze were updated.
Nope, all of them have the same file date from the beginning of 2018 when I download them from the website (lowering my download count in the process... :roll: ) and they are not shown in red as being updated as it's supposed to be.
What am I missing?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

i noticed i've had to push the gain way up, yes.
Some patches (after disabling filters) are significatly lower, yes.

sqigls wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:35 pm i noticed i've had to push the gain way up, yes.
Some patches (after disabling filters) are significatly lower, yes.
damn it! :dog: I was quite surprised to find this yesterday, and have no idea how it found its way into the release or how/why it only happens on OSX. We should have a fix in a day or two.

note if you were a potential new customer comparing Breeze 2.1 to other new verbs, this could give a rather bad impression about Breeze, as the gain on OS X is much lower than it should be, which also messes with the wet/dry balance. I suggest to try again later this coming week.

Everything is Kosher on Windows. This is only an OS X issue afaik.

sorry i would have reported it earlier, but as i've only been using Breeze2 along side Precedence this week - i had it in my head that it may be a side effect of me getting used to the new technology. that and i've really only had one studio session in that time, but yes, i generally make patches from scratch, and there was at least one where I really had the gain up much higher that i've ever pushed it. don't know why i didn't tweak, it's a tad obvious now :P
sorry

Thanks Andrew for the reply.
Part of my uncertainty about which Expansion packs are updated is for the same reason that Tom reported. Some packs are not shown in Red, as downloads are supposed to be if updated.
But if it is only changed Gain settings it seems like the updates aren't mission critical.
The level issue in Mac versions explains a few things :wink:
Cheers

how you going Andy?
I hope it's not something too serious, I miss the new and improved GUI :P
i've rolled back to 2.0.3b
i'm a bit worried how my projects and patches will be affected if i save them with 2.1.0

well, no, it is not "serious' in that any kind of complex math/code is involved. Gain is simply multiplying two numbers. But the code that calculates this is shared between Win and OS X and, so the result should be identical, yet it is not. And I am pretty certain it was identical in the last OS X version I tried before sending it out. (Last week I was out of office as mentioned. This week I am working, but working remotely, and I am on my old Mac Pro (pre Cylander) which is an SSE machine. We did not make SSE builds of earlier development versions -- we made only AVX, so I can not check earlier versions at to confirm my memory at the moment.)

Denis upgraded to Mojave and updated his X-Code in the process and suspects something odd with this and our compiler. He is exploring...

In other words, it's not serious in the sense that it is not a mistake that we made ourselves, but we didn't/don't have an instant fix so far for the same reason: it's not our mistake in our code as far as we can tell, so we are trying to figure out what caused it and create a workaround. You will know as soon as I know. :tu:

I guess we were just trying to be nice to the 5 other verbs that just came out in the past 2 weeks?? :wink: Otherwise, I think it's still rather hard to beat Breeze B2 and Aether, particularly with the addition of Precedence. :tu: We'll have it fixed asap, for sure!
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the update Andrew.
I hope Denis has plenty of water with him while exploring the Mojave.

OK, we seem to have fixed this. Updates coming shortly... :tu:

thank you!

OK, the OSX 2.1 file in the web-store has been replaced. Please re-download and re-run the installer if you are using OSX. (Nothing to do if you are on Win).

The build-number shown on the INFO page of the GUI in [] is now [206]. (The previous 2.1 was build 205).

The OS X demo version will be replaced tomorrow.

Thank you very much!! Will all the presets and expansions be correct just by running the new installer, or shall we re-download each expansion owned by us again?

Return to “Effects”