Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

I too would like a more streamlined way to take chords and split out voices to different tracks for Orchestral based writing. Are there any workarounds or tips on doing this?

I realize under Setting there is a way to select the “Default MIDI Out” which is great but I really need to go beyond this and have a way at the Track level to override it and have the same drop down list in the “Track View Properties”. This would override the default selection in the “Default MIDI Out” and give the user the ability to pick his own MIDI device at the Track level. I have many MIDI devices I need to talk to at the Track level. :hail:

Is there a configuration setting to allow midi notes to be resized from their left side by mouse dragging the left edge?

I have 2 requests.

1- The colors of notes are displayed based on chromatic scale. I mean all notes have individual colors based on their absolute value (not chords or scales). For example:

C --> Purple

C# --> Blue

D --> Green

D# --> Red

E --> Yellow

F --> Orange

F# --> Pink

G --> Black

G# --> White

A --> Brown

A# --> Gold

B --> Magenta

and they're not changed in different scales or chords. Only pitch dependent.

The other request is when I hold the playback indicator (a small pentagon mark) in the timeline bar, the whole note combinations below that indicator is sounded. Like FL Studio's playback button in the piano roll.

Thanks so much for this great piece of software.

Please add the chromatic scale color support. I need to colorize notes based on chromatic or any other scales.
Thanks!

It would be beyond exceptional to have Time variations along with Track and phrase Variations

If we can create variations for time that would be applied to all (ability to choose) tracks within a span of time. Maybe re-rythmize for a beat or bar or two. Or create automatic passing chords for a bar. Or create a dynamic increase (CC) for all tracks, at one, over one bar. If implemented, what would be the roadmap for this? When could we expect to see this? RC 6, 7?

Everyone who likes this idea, please thumbs up this.

This is a very interesting idea! :tu:

Maybe a new 'time' track could be added where you can add variations to arbitrary positions that affect all (participating) tracks. Please post your ideas and if this sounds good.

We are at the early v5.x versions, v5.3 will be an update for guitarists with several new features for guitarists. I am not able to tell you when this can be implemented, but I don't think you have to wait until v6.0.

Thanks,
Attila

:tu:

Nice. Look forward to the guitar updates.

Some ideas for improvement include:
1. Multiple time tracks for enhanced flexibility.

2. Passing chord variations based on the current scale, chord, and next chord, employing different methods.

3. Incorporating existing variations such as accents, expression, interval application, and velocity range adjustments.

4. Introducing rhythmic ratios (e.g. 2:1, 3:1) to select and control the emphasis between tracks.
5. Implementing ducking variation to prevent excessive busyness in the composition.

6. Exploring note extraction variation by routing each chord line to a selected track in a non-destructive and temporary manner, thereby enabling efficient testing and rapid creation of professional-sounding music.

7. Enabling MIDI fade-in and fade-out by utilizing velocity between two or more tracks.

8. Adding the ability to create time track templates, ideal for creating section presets and non-destructive testing.

9. Offering the option to retain multiple Continuous Controller (CC) line values for any or all tracks, which can be adjusted within the time track.

10. Allowing the superimposition of chords on top of the original harmony, with easy adjustment and non-destructive attributes, customizable per track.

11. Incorporating the use of articulations non-destructively and temporarily.

I'm eager to see how the new time track can be utilized in RC to establish relationships between tracks within specific timeframes, without causing any permanent changes. Currently, there is no other product in the market that effectively addresses track relationships, such as rhythmic ratios. I genuinely believe this feature will position RC in an entirely new and unbeatable market segment.

i'd also like to see time based Phrases.

Phrases that can be rhythmized with time instead of bars so if it is moved to different BPMs, it will keep the same time. This would be good for natural sounding, humanized music. Im thinking embellishments, flams etc...

Please, please add this to the list as well. (If there is a way to create time based phrases vs bar based phrases, let me know)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”