Group VSTs in Mulab by folder

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. As someone who's got oh, only roundabout 450 VST fx and instruments in total, the plugin selection popup felt a bit endless. On the other hand, I didn't much fancy manually grouping 450 plugins or so.

So I adapted a VBA thing I did at work to assign groups to VSTs in MuLab's vstplugins.xml from their folder paths. E.g. the plugin D:\vsts\Effects\Liquid.dll would get added to the group Effects.

It'll back up your vstplugins.xml and, if a plugin is already in a group, ask you if you want to overwrite the existing group.

You'll need Excel however, with macros enabled. Other than that, it's as simple as opening the spreadsheet, clicking on the button, and selecting your vstplugins.xml

If you're worried about security, run it with macros disabled first and press alt+f11 -- the VBA project is unlocked and the script is commented so you can view the code and see what it's doing.

File's here.

Hope someone finds it useful!

Cool idea -- I was thinking of doing something but I've never got around to it... I keep reinstalling and I've not got as far after any reinstall as having so many plug-ins I can't just do it manually. Yet.

Will it run in OpenOffice.org Calc, do you know? Guess I could try it...

pljones wrote:Cool idea -- I was thinking of doing something but I've never got around to it... I keep reinstalling and I've not got as far after any reinstall as having so many plug-ins I can't just do it manually. Yet.

Will it run in OpenOffice.org Calc, do you know? Guess I could try it...
Not sure I'm afraid -- I dunno how far they got with implementing all the VBA functions.

If it's easy to port to plain old VB, I'll do that this weekend when I'm somewhere which has Visual Studio.

Gotta learn PERL one of these days :/ I hear it's perfect for stuff like this.

this is great, thank you so much!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “MUTOOLS”