Question re: synth patches

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am new to Mu.Lab and I have a question:

If I create my own presets within the Mu native synths (or sampler) and create a complete project and send that project to a friend, will they be able to open it and hear the project properly?

In other words, will my synth presets be saved with the Mu project?

Or would he have to separately import the presets in order to hear them in this project?

Thanks.

Yes, your MuSynth/MUX patches are saved within the MuSession file, and when opening them on your friend's computer, all will play fine, even if you are on a Mac and your friend is on a PC (or vice versa) :)

Great, thanks.

One other question while I'm checking everything out..

How do I assign transport control (play, stop, record, etc) to my MIDI controller? (I'm using a nanokontrol). I've looked around and can't figure it out.

Via the main Edit menu -> Preferences -> Edit Shortcuts

You can use keys and/or MIDI for such shortcuts :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have one more (I assure you I have searched & tried to figure out the answer before coming to the forum! :))

Is it possible to have multiple loop points within a project? For example, each 4-bar sequence having it's own loop points?

edit:

I'm trying to figure out how to do this:

"Sequence Loop

Each sequence can have its own independent loop."

So far I can only seem to set one start and one stop loop points within any project.

esl wrote:Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have one more (I assure you I have searched & tried to figure out the answer before coming to the forum! :))

Is it possible to have multiple loop points within a project? For example, each 4-bar sequence having it's own loop points?

edit:

I'm trying to figure out how to do this:

"Sequence Loop

Each sequence can have its own independent loop."

So far I can only seem to set one start and one stop loop points within any project.
When you double-click a sequence part, it opens the sequence editor. There you can define the 'Loop Start' and 'Loop End' locators via the time bar.

More details on http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/sequence-editor.html

Return to “MUTOOLS”