Soniccouture Release Xtended Piano for Kontakt Player

RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are pleased to announce our latest product, a suite of 5 Kontakt player instruments exploring extended piano techniques.

"Extended" is a term usually used to describe unorthodox techniques used when playing a musical instrument in an unconventional way, to coax new timbres from a traditional instrument. We created the ground-breaking Bowed Piano instrument in 2008, and now we have revisited the same piano to build on that concept and further explore extended piano techniques for an exciting new suite of instruments.

Mute Piano | a technique in which you lightly touch the finger at a nodal point on the piano string and play the key to produce a harmonic.

Plucked Piano | the piano notes are plucked, either with the fingers or a plectrum of some sort. We used a guitar pick and recorded plucked notes with both the piano dampers down and up.

Mallet Piano | The piano strings were struck with foreign mallets : wooden & marimba, producing strange and different timbres.

Bowed Piano | The strings of the piano are bowed with fishing line and horsehair to produce both sustained and short notes. This is the original BP sample set in a 2.0 Kplayer instrument.

SFX Piano | Strums, scrapes, percussive noises and all kinds of sound-scapes from the guts of the piano.

Go and check out the audio demos now!

SPECIAL OFFER : For the next 3 weeks you can get 15% off Xtended Piano

ENTER CODE : 0EKR5R1HTT

Offer ends 1st October 2010
Last edited by soniccouture on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulation for the 17, 18 demo songs really good and representative and the update for registered users with Bowed Piano (Offer ends 8st October 2010)_ http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/g3-bowed-piano/
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

yes indeed, all Bowed Piano users should have received an email telling them how to upgrade at a nice price.

James

The demos for Xtended Piano sound superb. Excellent work!

I especially love the demos: Ligeti (Mute) and Mute Beats.

thanks - I was pleased with the way Bowed Piano sounds so much like a string section in the Mute Beats demo, the new Layers processor we have in there sounds great. it can sound like an old school 'ensemble' effect, like chorus but without the cycling modulation. a a combination of detune and phase offset, simple but sounds great.

James

Hello there,

I bought Bowed Piano from ableton shop. Am I not entitled for discount price? Code doesn't seem to work...

-J

how would our shop know that you bought it from Ableton? :)

email us via the site and we 'll arrange something for you.

James

eDrummist wrote:The demos for Xtended Piano sound superb. Excellent work!

I especially love the demos: Ligeti (Mute) and Mute Beats.
me too

Thank you James. I will right away!

that's an amazing library, in my opinion one of the best. you have done an amazing work, congratulations !!
The quality is incredible, and it can take a long time to explore all the possibilities.Xtended create new instruments for playing, and that's an good way for sampled instruments.

just a little thing, It could be very useful to have the impulses files in wav format and not in library file. As wrote in the manual, convultion for this instrument take a lot of cpu, and It will be more useful for the user to use the IR on a send track, with a convultion plugin. Of course , you can use kontakt routing, but it take more CPU than external plugin, and you must use a multi files for all xtended instruments. I have a lot of tonehammer library, and they use this concept, LASS from audiobro too.I suppose it will be easy to do this , as it does not change the library files, just add this to user's account.I always use the previous bowed piano IR in this way

thanks again for create this one

damien

Hi,
ok, good point. we have now added the seperate IRs to the accounts of everyone who has bought X Piano.
just login to your account, and look under the 'updates' tab.

James

Beautiful work James! Since I already own Bowed Piano
the upgrade is very tempting. I only have Kontakt 3.5
and I just wanted to be sure that using the Kontakt 4
Player would allow me to use the library without timing
out. I do plan to upgrade to Kontakt 4 in the near future
which I assume would allow me to make do editing as well.
Cheers,
Scott

yes, you're right - you can use kontakt player 4 without timing out.

James

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think I may have
to pick this up next pay day! 8)
Cheers,
Scott

great !
thanks for the support !

damien

Return to “Soniccouture”