Sytrus Getting Started Woes

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just picked up four IL synths in the summer sale: Harmless, Morphine, Sakura and Sytrus. While I have a few issues getting the additional content downloads to work (I won't go into that here), the three synths that come with standalone versions are all up and running just fine. As far as I know, all four got registered correctly.

Sytrus comes only as a VSTi, correct? So I set up SAVIhost to run it, something I've successfully done with at least six other VSTi-only synths, and I have the immediate problem of it not recognizing my MIDI inputs or sound outputs even though I use the same settings as on the other three IL synths that run without problems.

When I try to close SAVIhost/Sytrus, it hangs, and I cannot even force it to terminate with the task manager. In trying to shut down Windows, Windows hangs as well and I have to use the "force reboot" button to get things back on track (I've only went through this exercise once so far).

I run Win XP SP3. Any ideas on what I can try to make this work? Thanks in advance for any help.

I've just tried Sytrus VSTi in SAVIHost and it seems to work fine.

Do you have any other host programs you could try Sytrus VSTi in, to see if the problem is specific to SAVIHost or not?

reflex wrote:I've just tried Sytrus VSTi in SAVIHost and it seems to work fine.

Do you have any other host programs you could try Sytrus VSTi in, to see if the problem is specific to SAVIHost or not?
Yes, I've got Sonar. I'll try that next (but probably not until this weekend). Thanks.

By the way, what OS are you on? That could be a factor possibly.

I'm using Windosw 7 x64.

dmbaer wrote:
reflex wrote:I've just tried Sytrus VSTi in SAVIHost and it seems to work fine.

Yes, I've got Sonar. I'll try that next (but probably not until this weekend). Thanks.

By the way, what OS are you on? That could be a factor possibly.
Just to report back ... it runs fine under Sonar. It'd be nice to be able to launch it standalone, but at least I can get it up and running.

Thanks.

Sytrus comes in both native and VSTi formats.
Are you sure you were using the VSTi dll when you
tried to get it to work with SAVIhost?

fretwizz wrote:Sytrus comes in both native and VSTi formats.
Are you sure you were using the VSTi dll when you
tried to get it to work with SAVIhost?
I did the same thing I believe I did in other cases that met with success. I placed a copy of SAVIHost.exe (or whatever the orignal name is) in the same directory as Sytrus VSTi.dll and renamed SAVIHost to be Sytrus VSTi.exe. In laundhing it, it does come up with Sytrus, so it's apparently finding the dll OK. But I doesn't function correctly. The Sytrus dll is version 2.6.8.0 if that's of any relevance.

[Edit] Also, my install only seemed to provide me with the dll. With Harmless, Sakura and Morphine, I also get an exe in the same directory as the dll. Not so in the case of Sytrus.

Thanks.

Return to “Image Line”