Multisampla Free Packs For Mu.Lab 3

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Mihai,

When I see Colombian it always reminds me of Miami Vice and Jan Hammer etc.

I have stuff to do all day today but if I get time tonight I will attempt a track in the style of Miami Vice using some of the sample packs you have done for us.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

OZ

Hey Mihai,

Thanks a lot for these sample packs!

I've downloaded and installed them but have some problem with the sample paths. I will research this and get back. Very curious to hear them :)

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:Hi Mihai,

When I see Colombian it always reminds me of Miami Vice and Jan Hammer etc.

I have stuff to do all day today but if I get time tonight I will attempt a track in the style of Miami Vice using some of the sample packs you have done for us.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

OZ
Glad to see that is useful :)
Looking forward to hear your stuff.

mutools wrote:Hey Mihai,

Thanks a lot for these sample packs!

I've downloaded and installed them but have some problem with the sample paths. I will research this and get back. Very curious to hear them :)
You're very welcome :)
I hope I can help with those to make Mu.Lab easy usable for all kinds of music, from metal to orchestral, jazz to ... polka :lol:

Can you specify with which pack you had problems ?
I checked all personally and works fine on my computer.

Sorry for the delay on my reply but i first had to research some things.

When i unpacked e.g. Bamboo_MULAB.zip i got a Bamboo_MULAB folder with a Bamboo subfolder, Bamboo.MuSynth, Bamboo Info.txt etc.

When i dropped the Bamboo_MULAB folder into my User Library folder, ir didn't work because it couldn't find the samples to

Code: Select all

{UserLibrary}/MuSynth/Bamboo/Bamboo - B3.Wav
etc

because the actual path is

Code: Select all

{UserLibrary}/MuSynth/Bamboo_MULAB/Bamboo/Bamboo - B3.Wav
I've finetuned MU.LAB (3.2.3, coming soon) so that when you save a MuSynth/MUX patch file and it references any sample files below the patch file, then a proper relative file path is used. In fact this was already the case, but there was a ambiguity when doing so when the patch files/sample files were already in the User Library folder. Anyway, i'll spare you the too technical details and focus on the practical side:

I've rearranged all of your packs so that all is ok. This is done by using the forthcoming MU.LAB 3.2.3 which has the finetuned save behaviour.

Besides this, i also tweaked the folder names a bit.

I've uploaded all of your sound packs to http://www.mutools.com/library/musynth

Installation instructions is all the time the same:
  • Unzip the zip
  • Move the "XYZ Pack" sub-folder to your {UserLibrary}/MuSynth folder
FYI: By default {UserLibrary} = Mulab/User/Library

Please let me know if there is anything you don't like in the edits i did to your patch packs, and we'll sort it out. Also let me know if you would not want your packs to be hosted on mutools.com.

About the hosting on mutools.com: I'm not yet 100% sure how far i can go with the current mutools hosting plan, but i think it's ok for now. I'll keep an eye on it and will look for a more powerful solution when necessary.

One little recommendation:

If you make a MuSynth pack, please make sure you collect everything of your pack into a single top folder, so that the pack is always easily moveable by moving that single pack folder. Hope you see what i mean.

Thanks again for your great sonic support!

Also thanks to Johnny Pumphandle for his HouseKit Pack. Johnny, all of the above also applies to your HouseKit Pack.

Now lets enjoy these very nice and easy installable sound packs :)

All these MuSynth patch packs are also available via http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

Last edited by sorohanro on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fixed that for you! :) You left off the 'h' from the http. Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

:oops: thanks
fixed in my post also
mutools wrote: When i unpacked e.g. Bamboo_MULAB.zip i got a Bamboo_MULAB folder with a Bamboo subfolder, Bamboo.MuSynth, Bamboo Info.txt etc.

When i dropped the Bamboo_MULAB folder into my User Library folder, ir didn't work because it couldn't find the samples to
Well, that's what happen if you "unzip to ..." instead of "unzip here".
When you "unzip to..." it creates a main folder with the name of the archive.

Hi Mihai,

I forgot about the Tiple pack you did so I did a quick song idea in 30 minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpafts72m ... eStuff.mp3

I have never heard of a Tiple before and not too sure how they use them in songs.

So this song idea wrote itself.

The drums are by the sister octopus. (not really just me using the GM drumkit and a mouse).

The song was done using MU.LAB synths and effects only.

OZ

Very nice trick with the delay. Noted, to be used later :D hope you don't mind.

:)

OZ

Guess what's coming next :p

Check the first post. Added the first vuvuzela patch.
Will be a second one soon ;)
This one is for Multisampla, next one will be a MUX with different attacks and stuff...

Next thing, a mandolin :hihi:
A round backed piccolo similar to this one:

Return to “MUTOOLS”