MU.LAB 3.1 test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very strange that it works in MU.LAB 2.7 and not in MU.LAB 3.1 for nothing special has changed in the ASIO engine recently as it's working fine for a longer time already.

How come you only discover this now?

What happens when using this ASIO driver in other audio apps?

Does a system restart help?

Note that that message box does not come from MU.LAB but from the M-Audio driver/control panel. Can you please also check the M-Audio support for this issue.

As a result of a quick google i saw this page:

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.ph ... ings-issue

Did not read it fully but enough to think that it's rather a M-Audio issue.

mutools wrote:Very strange that it works in MU.LAB 2.7 and not in MU.LAB 3.1 for nothing special has changed in the ASIO engine recently as it's working fine for a longer time already.

How come you only discover this now? .... etc.
The M-Audio driver for Fast Track Pro is very flaky. It comes with a task bar icon that you can use to monitor the driver, but M-Audio advises not to use it because it's too buggy. In addition, there are numerous other bugs to work around.

To answer questions ..

The condition just appeared - I have no explanation.

The ASIO driver works always with Reaper and FL Studio 9.1 (and Mulab 2.7).

System restart does not help and I have removed and rebuilt the driver.

So maybe I can pester M-Audio for a solution, but in the past this has been a losing situation - the driver still has all its original bugs and workarounds are hideous. The worst is turning power off to the Fast Track Pro - this freezes the computer with a partial blue screen.

Added: As posted on the M-Audio Knowledge base ....
Q: When I launch my recording application, I get an error message indicating The ASIO sample rate is not supported . . . Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel. How do I resolve this?

A: If you are receiving this error message, quit your recording application, then go to the Windows Control Panel and select your computer's built-in sound card as the default playback and recording device.

jpumphandle wrote:The condition just appeared - I have no explanation.

The ASIO driver works always with Reaper and FL Studio 9.1 (and Mulab 2.7).
System restart does not help and I have removed and rebuilt the driver.
That's really odd. But i have no idea what this is about.

It looks like some M-Audio ASIO driver quirck :?

But then why the difference between M27 and M31?

Maybe you have different audio setup settings? And only in certain setups the driver quirck happens. You could compare the AudioSetup.Txt of M27 and M31 and see if there is a difference.

mutools wrote:MU.LAB 3.1 is planned to be released this saturday.
Just a reminder for people like me who didn't get a chance to try it till today... and panicked! New keys soon, hopefully. :)

mutools wrote:Maybe you have different audio setup settings? And only in certain setups the driver quirck happens. You could compare the AudioSetup.Txt of M27 and M31 and see if there is a difference.
Here are the two AudioSetup.txt files:

(MULAB 2.7)
AsioDriverName=M-Audio USB ASIO
AsioSamplerate=44100
AsioInputFlags=3
AsioOutputFlags=3
CpuLoadLimit=90
PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation=Input+Output

(MULAB 3.1)
DriverType=ASIO
DriverName=M-Audio USB ASIO
Samplerate=44100
AsioInputFlags=15
AsioOutputFlags=15
MmeNumBlocks=16
MmeBlockSize=256
CpuLoadLimit=90
PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation=Input+Output

I see now that Mulab 3 comes up with the ASIO driver OK. It is only when I click on Edit>Audio Setup that the error occurs. So this must have something to do with the fact that Mulab 3 allows a choice of ASIO or MME?

I tried changing the AsioInputFlags=3 and AsioOutputFlags=3 but that had no effect.

pljones, didn't you already receive an email with your new MU.LAB 3.1 User Key?

jpumphandle wrote:I see now that Mulab 3 comes up with the ASIO driver OK. It is only when I click on Edit>Audio Setup that the error occurs. So this must have something to do with the fact that Mulab 3 allows a choice of ASIO or MME?
I doubt that. Chance is almost 0 that it has to do with MME as those are 2 separated engines. I stay with my suspicion about a driver quirck.

mutools wrote:pljones, didn't you already receive an email with your new MU.LAB 3.1 User Key?
Mm, I thought I had but I'm getting the message about not having the right key. I can't find a key email since the 3.0 key in January, though. I'm either imagining something more recent or I've lost it! :?

You should have received an email say 36 hours ago.

Anyway, the MU.LAB 3.1 release email has been just sent out too so please recheck your mailbox :)

mutools wrote:You should have received an email say 36 hours ago.

Anyway, the MU.LAB 3.1 release email has been just sent out too so please recheck your mailbox :)
Thanks - got it now. :) Oh, it seemed to load a lot faster!

The Kob wrote:is it just me; Miroslav Orchestra doesn't seem to work anymore
just to let you know the new patch has cleared this up, ta
wee have also sound-houses

haven't been around for a while, glad to be able to get back to working with mulab now! :D

lovely improvements in the new release, but here's a little bug report. when loading guiless plugins, mulab doesn't show the usual header in the plugin window. here's a little gif to explain:

no biggie to fix this, i hope. :D
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Will check and fix, thanks.

bpblog wrote:haven't been around for a while, glad to be able to get back to working with mulab now! :D

lovely improvements in the new release, but here's a little bug report. when loading guiless plugins, mulab doesn't show the usual header in the plugin window. here's a little gif to explain:

no biggie to fix this, i hope. :D
Nice Gif bpblog :tu:

jpumphandle wrote:Windows XP, SP3.

I have had to return to Mulab 2.7 in order to use the ASIO driver for my Fast Track Pro USB Audio.

The ASIO driver no longer works with Mulab 3.0 or 3.1. I get this message when I try to select the M-Audio ASIO driver ....

I do not have any control over a 'sync' parameter - only sample rate, bit depth and buffer size. The MME driver works OK.

Any ideas?
I found out ....

This is a known bug for M-Audio USB Audio interfaces - since Nov. 2008! The M-Audio support thread has 122 postings on this same bug! M-Audio offers a workaround - Select your computer soundcard as the standard default for Playback in the XP Audio Control settings. This solution works for MuLab 3, but causes problems for any other app that is unable to select an Audio interface other than the default e.g. most browsers, Flash video, etc.

M-Audio is not offering a fix.

Return to “MUTOOLS”