MU.LAB 3.1 test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jpumphandle wrote:
Juan Mendoza wrote: Don't want to go much offtopic with this, but then, could we consider OGG as a good/alternative format for releasing Mulab sample libraries?. If yes, that makes sense, if not, i'm not sure how many would benefit of such format
The combination of WAV and OGG would be an excellent way to be consistent and also offer the choice of quality vs. compressed.

+1
Just to avoid confusion: It is already possible to read/write OGG file with MU.LAB.

What about .flac file import; I have sampled drums that were rendered in that format from Ableton [ I am off to wikipedia .flac as I am not familiar but have a great set of samples in the format ]

[Edit] Free Lossless Audio Codec seems kool; as it is an open source .mp3 replacement

Regards, James
Last edited by sunhome on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunhome wrote:What about .flac file import; I have sampled drums that were rendered in that format from Ableton [ I am off to wikipedia .flac as I am not familiar but have a great set of samples in the format ]

[Edit] Free Lossless Audio Codec seems kool; as it is an open source .mp3 replacement :)

Regards, James
I think its more meant as a .wav replacement, since the integrity
of the sound is a more important feature than greatly reduced file size. But definitely a popular and useful format to consider supporting. Bandcamp includes it in their download
options. Cheers :)

The 3.1.20 is very slow when trying to open a new session or any existing session. It may take even 1 minute until the browser appears.
Anyone else has the same problem? :(
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I can't repeat that here :?

That's very strange.
Nothing has changed that could explain this.

Two questions:

If you quit MU.LAB, replace the .exe by 3.1.19 (it's still in the chestnut webfolder), launch MU.LAB again, then does that make a difference. I mean: Is there an explicit difference between 3.1.19 and 3.1.20?

Is this 3.1.20 problem consistent also after a system restart?
Last edited by mutools on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi liquidsound and Jo,

3.1.20 works fine on both my test PCs.

OZ

liquidsound wrote:The 3.1.20 is very slow when trying to open a new session or any existing session. It may take even 1 minute until the browser appears.
Anyone else has the same problem? :(
No such problem here.
I know that probably doesn't help, apart from suggesting that it's not a problem of MU.LAB 3.1.20 itself.

I tested the time it took to open a fairly 'heavy' MuSession file (details below), in the UL versions of both MU.LAB 3.1.20, and the earlier MU.LAB 3.0

The result was the same in each case. Time taken to open was just 19 seconds, (which is fast, considering the large number of plugins).

MuSession details:
15 tracks (midi only)
VST plugins - approx. 30 instruments/effects VST's (lots of racks !), including 3 instances of Kontakt Player 2, and 1 of Kontakt Player 4.

File size 114 Mb (!)
System: Windows 7 (64-bit), on Intel i7-920; 6Gb RAM.

Les J.

The amazing thing is that it takes just about 19 seconds to open a NEW session from an empty session as with "Improviser".
From a regular busy session it takes up to a minute.
This is the same for the complete as well for the patch version with or without system restart.

I am sorry Jo but before you go crazy figuring this out I will try the same from the work computer in couple of hours. This is bizarre! The 3.1.19 is still fine here.

So 3.1.19 works fine and 3.1.20 does not? :o

Yes please feedback how it works on the other system.

I would concentrate on the 'New Session takes 19 seconds' problem as that's an easy to do procedure.

If necessary i can make a test version which will include some specific log instructions so then we can make a log file which will reveal where it code is spending all that time.

If we need to make such test version(s) i propose we communicate via email to speed up the process of exchanging test patches and log files.

Talk soon.

It seems that the problem it's related to the Internet connection (the network system in other words).
I did noticed, as I mentioned previously in a post, that the new versions were getting slower when waiting for the browser.
It was couple of seconds so I thought that for other users that delay was not a big issue.
But now at work, everything is perfect as with the one at home when I disable the Network Connections.
So to ReCap: The issue disappear when the Network Connection is disabled!
The only curious thing is that at every upgrade in the 3.1 series it was getting slower and slower topping it with the 3.1.2

It's not necessary for you to spend time on this (it's not MU.LAB obviously) unless you need to know why this is happening for your own knowledge with a LOG file.

Let me know if you need this.

liquidsound wrote:It's not necessary for you to spend time on this (it's not MU.LAB obviously) unless you need to know why this is happening for your own knowledge with a LOG file. Let me know if you need this.
Well in fact i am curious about this issue, and want to know a little bit more about the background just to be on the safe side.

Taking 19 seconds to do New Session is really huge. So i wonder at what point the code is spending so much time. It may be when calling Windows functions (you're on Windows, right?) and then nothing to do about it, but i want to know.

So if you have a little bit of time to do a couple of logs, please email me and i'll reply with a (first) test version.

My e-mail should be in you In-box. I'm ready. :scared: :D

liquidsound wrote:My e-mail should be in you In-box. I'm ready. :scared: :D
To be continued via email.
Last edited by mutools on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kob wrote:
mutools wrote:
The Kob wrote:is it just me; Miroslav Orchestra doesn't seem to work anymore as a vst i get a simple "incompatable plugin" message.
i have checked witht the last ver2 and as a stand-alone and these still work

(I would have to admit to not being on the newest of the new ver3 version though)

anyone else have the smae problem?
On which OS are you working?

Are you trying to load a 64 bit plugin into MU.LAB 3 on Windows 7?
win xp 32bit
win7 not yet! :)
Can you please send a screenshot of that "incompatable plugin" message. Thanks.

Windows XP, SP3.

I have had to return to Mulab 2.7 in order to use the ASIO driver for my Fast Track Pro USB Audio.

The ASIO driver no longer works with Mulab 3.0 or 3.1. I get this message when I try to select the M-Audio ASIO driver ....

I do not have any control over a 'sync' parameter - only sample rate, bit depth and buffer size. The MME driver works OK.

Any ideas?

Return to “MUTOOLS”