MU.LAB 3.1 test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also don't have a problem with the double-clicking speed but I think the B option would be a good compromise to make sure all categories of users/operating systems etc are catered for.

I can't see B being a problem if it's clear what's happening.

liquidsound writes (in signature):
.... Buckle up! This is warp drive sequencing!...
Well, at warp-drive speeds, perhaps "high speed double-clicks" will become the norm (!).

More seriously: although I personally find no difficulty with 'option A' (snappy double-clicks), I agree with others that 'option B' (play-position = single-click; locator = double-click), would probably suit a wider range of users.

Les J.

Beside the Click Factor, the fact is that the way Jo is designing MU.LAB makes composing very, very fast.... yes Warp-ly fast indeed! :D

I love it!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I just playing around with the 3.1.14 and it feels more natural to a daily life clicking working on a PC. I don't know what option is in the 3.1.14 (B?)
The 3.1.17 is a little inconsistent at the beginning compared to a way I click with other applications.
But I like the snappy positioning of the play position in the 3.1.17 now that I am comparing.
So it seems we can't have both....

No much help here. :shrug:

Would a Middle Button for a Locator be a solution in order to keep the snappy position marker?
After all how many times we use the Locators?
What about the MAC though....

<EDIT>

Jo, the MMB Double click it's gone! :shock:
That was great for zooming all! How come it was removed? Is there a substitute with a Shortcut?

liquidsound wrote:Would a Middle Button for a Locator be a solution in order to keep the snappy position marker?
After all how many times we use the Locators?
What about the MAC though....
Not a solution because it's all about trying to maintain consistent behaviour throughout the whole app, in this case it's about the "left double-click background = create object" cfr composer, tracks, sequence editor, racks, modular editor, ...

I know it might not be possible to have a perfect consistent behaviour but at least it's a challenge to make it as consistent as possible.

After surfing the web and reading more general info about GUI design and double-clicking in specific, and taking your opinions into account, i think option B is the best one. Implemented in the next version, which will be available in about half an hour.
the MMB Double click it's gone! :shock:
That was great for zooming all! How come it was removed? Is there a substitute with a Shortcut?
Oops, just a little bug. Fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting :)

mutools wrote:Not a solution because it's all about trying to maintain consistent behaviour throughout the whole app,
After years of NLP practice I still can get the MU.LAB behavior thing... :bang:
I need cilantro!

Yea! "B" sounds good for me here.

The new MU.LAB 3.1.18 test patch is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/chestnut

What's changed:
  • Tuned: Double-click detector made more relaxed
  • Tuned: Double-click in time bar = set position + create locator
  • Fixed: Middle mouse button double-click was not working anymore
If you already have installed MU.LAB 3.1.4 or later, then simply replace the current MU.LAB application file with the new application patch file.

mutools wrote:.... i think option B is the best one. Implemented in the next version ....
For me, option B is working well and feeling 'right'. Thanks for tuning.

Les J

It's perfect now. Relaxed mousing with fast positioning and double click locators.

Yes, i'm also convinced this is the best of all versions :)

Thanks to your continued critical feedback!

A few things I've noticed with the latest chestnut

- In the piano roll while holding down CTLR it does not enter a note if you click quickly, like in 3.0 (I want faster mouse action now :ud: )

- Holding right button mouse down does not allow you to scroll about

- Before you could mute multiple tracks by dragging to mouse down. This seems to have disappeared.

cytone wrote:A few things I've noticed with the latest chestnut

- Holding right button mouse down does not allow you to scroll about

- Before you could mute multiple tracks by dragging to mouse down. This seems to have disappeared.
Both consequences of a typo bug in 3.1.18. (3.1.18 only)

Fixed in the next 3.1.19, which is coming tomorrow.
In the piano roll while holding down CTLR it does not enter a note if you click quickly, like in 3.0 (I want faster mouse action now
Now that you write this, i think it sometimes happened in earlier versions too, in specific circumstances (e.g. when zoomed out a lot). Finetuned in 3.1.19.

is it just me; Miroslav Orchestra doesn't seem to work anymore as a vst i get a simple "incompatable plugin" message.
i have checked witht the last ver2 and as a stand-alone and these still work

(I would have to admit to not being on the newest of the new ver3 version though)

anyone else have the smae problem?
wee have also sound-houses

Return to “MUTOOLS”