New eSoundz GROUP BUY: Xpansion Tank 7 for 1 + exclusive bonuses

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

roundabout71 wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I guess I'll keep the kidding to myself from now on. :)
Nonsense! You keep right on kidding. You should change that smiley to a "wink" so that we know you're going to. :wink:

I just joined this Group Buy, ePointz to don1thedon, who has referred me in the past. I'll look forward to playing with some new instruments (maybe this weekend?)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Oh no. :o :-o

I can now answer my own unanswered question from earlier in this thread...

The titles which combine original collections with the Capsules, DO NOT divide the content into separate folders... so sorting through the instruments is going to take several hours of work. This won't affect most GB participants, but anyone who had some of the previous collections and just wanted to add to them (like I did with the Capsule content) will have some work ahead of them.

The SampleTank parent/child preset system is very inconvenient, and I sure hope SampleTank3 will change the way that works. With all of the children having different names than their parents, eliminating content that you have, and making sure you don't orphan any children is really time consuming.

Squids, is there any chance you have a list of which presets came from which collections to help make this task a little bit easier?

I just selected the following:

Acoustic Guitar Collection 2
Bass Collection 2
Electric Guitar Collection 2

I suppose that I can load them all into their own library for SampleTank XT, and then figure out which parents are new, and audition them in there, as well as the children, and then just copy the ones I like into a new folder to add to my main collection. I guess that's what I'll do. But any instrument lists or any advice would certainly be helpful. Thanks. :-)

zedd wrote:
roundabout71 wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I guess I'll keep the kidding to myself from now on. :)
Nonsense! You keep right on kidding. You should change that smiley to a "wink" so that we know you're going to. :wink:

I just joined this Group Buy, ePointz to don1thedon, who has referred me in the past. I'll look forward to playing with some new instruments (maybe this weekend?)
Thanks, Zedd, I really appreciate that. I felt really bad after I got the "frickin' bouncer" reply from Squids. Then I went back to check my first message, and saw what a disaster it was. I not only got the "wink" in the wrong place, but I got the little fellow with the tongue sticking out, instead, Well, heck, it's no wonder I got the fussy reply from Squids. heck, it would have hacked me off, as well. I'll try to be more careful in the future. I'm going to join this group buy at least twice. You'll get my referral for one, and standalone, the other, for laughing at the stupid blond joke. I always wait until the end of the month so I can use the credit card's money free for a month. Again, thanks, your reply made my day. :D

It turns out that the Acoustic Guitar collection was very easy to sort out, because all the children have similar names to the parents, and all the parents have similar names too. Sorting through the Electric guitars and Basses is proving to be a little more difficult, though.

But I should also add that I am VERY HAPPY with a bunch of the new sounds that come from the Sonik Capsules. They are fantastic, and have numerous articulations. I can't believe I didn't buy the Capsules sooner. I had no idea that they were filled with numerous articulations of the same instruments. Nice. :-)

This is a great GB.
roundabout71 wrote:Thanks, Zedd, I really appreciate that. I felt really bad after I got the "frickin' bouncer" reply from Squids. Then I went back to check my first message, and saw what a disaster it was. I not only got the "wink" in the wrong place, but I got the little fellow with the tongue sticking out, instead, Well, heck, it's no wonder I got the fussy reply from Squids.
Actually... I think you will feel better if you go and read Squids' post again. You may have misunderstood his intent. I believe he realized that you had not meant your comment to be serious and was actually laughing with us and being playful. He's not upset with you at all, I can almost guarantee it. :-)
roundabout71 wrote:You'll get my referral for one, and standalone, the other, for laughing at the stupid blond joke.
And if you do, I will certainly appreciate it, and add you to my list for ePointz payback!

zedd wrote:It turns out that the Acoustic Guitar collection was very easy to sort out, because all the children have similar names to the parents, and all the parents have similar names too. Sorting through the Electric guitars and Basses is proving to be a little more difficult, though.

But I should also add that I am VERY HAPPY with a bunch of the new sounds that come from the Sonik Capsules. They are fantastic, and have numerous articulations. I can't believe I didn't buy the Capsules sooner. I had no idea that they were filled with numerous articulations of the same instruments. Nice. :-)

This is a great GB.
roundabout71 wrote:Thanks, Zedd, I really appreciate that. I felt really bad after I got the "frickin' bouncer" reply from Squids. Then I went back to check my first message, and saw what a disaster it was. I not only got the "wink" in the wrong place, but I got the little fellow with the tongue sticking out, instead, Well, heck, it's no wonder I got the fussy reply from Squids.
Actually... I think you will feel better if you go and read Squids' post again. You may have misunderstood his intent. I believe he realized that you had not meant your comment to be serious and was actually laughing with us and being playful. He's not upset with you at all, I can almost guarantee it. :-)
roundabout71 wrote:You'll get my referral for one, and standalone, the other, for laughing at the stupid blond joke.
And if you do, I will certainly appreciate it, and add you to my list for ePointz payback!
You are correct, Zedd. I, of all the jokers and pranksters in the world the world should misinterpret Squids, aka Squidz, I think on the Northern Sounds forum. I have sent several p.m."s to Squids because I was afraid that I would be publicly excoriated, or eviscerated, if I made my mistake on a public forum. D, I mean Squids, was always kind enough to reply. D, err Squids, should be interviewed by every major magazine or music website out there. My gosh, what he has done for his company, and music in general, is astonishing. And to think that he has time to promote his products in these group buys, as well as answering timid people's emails, is astonishing to me. The only answer I have is, that if you enjoy what you're doing, you'll never work another day in your life. I think that fits Squids to a tee! And I ain't touching no more emotions without my glasses. :D I love esoundz!

roundabout71 wrote: I felt really bad after I got the "frickin' bouncer" reply from Squids. Then I went back to check my first message, and saw what a disaster it was. I not only got the "wink" in the wrong place, but I got the little fellow with the tongue sticking out, instead, Well, heck, it's no wonder I got the fussy reply from Squids.
No, are you kidding? You're a LEGEND at esoundz! Platinum DELUXE. Regardless, Zedd is right. That response wasn't aimed at you... that was me pretending I was "all important" because of what ZEDD said (good band name : Zedd Said). I was just poking fun at the notion that "Squids practically invented..." It was funny. It is bad enough that I am a name dropping SOB but to have anyone claim stuff like that... people must think I think I'm the dog's bollocks (as they say in England... right? I love those expressions.)

Anyway, we're all good on any of that. I knew you were kidding even with the tongue face thing. No worries at all!
Last edited by Squids on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus11 wrote: You know, these GB's are absolutely great (I take part in every one I can afford), but I'm also getting kind of tired finding out in GB after GB that something is missing or is not working, or comes late...
Well, you know what they say. The customer's always right. (Well... not ALWAYS but in this case... haha).

Although the way we create so many products on the fly is different than one product being made every 6 months like some companies do. But even still, it is a not totally uncommon for software/soundware to have some bugs that get fixed in an update. Also, sometimes what seems like something coming late as a "fix" is really a bonus enhancement or extra as well. Take for instance the child patches I posted. I intended to have those as part of the package and I'm honest about those things. But it could have easily just not been included at all... would that be better than it showing up later as an extra? Or is it actually better I don't include it at all so it appears that everything is how it should be from the start? You see, I'd rather give you something I intended you to have - even if it comes later. But maybe that is totally misunderstood and backfires... it may very well be. But it'd a shame if we stopped enhancing our products because of this rule. So it really is a tough one but I see your point.

We're always striving to improve things and I do believe it is getting better all the time as a Beatle once said.

Squids wrote:... people must thing I think I'm the dog's bollocks (as they say in England... right? I love those expressions.)
In Australia, people say "The Ducks Guts" (same meaning as the Dogs Bollocks), Not sure if this originated in England (given we were a convict colony) or if its a local thing.

Example: This Group Buy is the Ducks Guts. :D

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Note that referrals will work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys).

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

I always forget to do that. And for some reason, though being a customer since 2002, I'm not on that list. :P

:help:

Rabid = Rabid

(I could refer myself but that sound a little too much like, ... well, nevermind. ) :oops:
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Squids wrote: So it really is a tough one but I see your point.
Yes, and I see your point. Making so much products of great value to the customers, you are sometimes walking on a thin line (I'm not exactly sure how to express my point in English, but I'm sure you know what I mean). This point applies only to some, perhaps 5 percent or less, of your work. So I just wanted to express my kind wish that you do not loose your balance :) (And then, if it at any point seems to be too close, please consider hiring one more person, part-time perhaps, to do some of the final beta-testing, or something...) Thanks for listening and all the best.

Analyst69 wrote: Example: This Group Buy is the Ducks Guts. :D
It's the also the Dog's Bollocks, The Thripney Bits... and the cat's meow. :D

We do have beta testers in house. I had one guy go through every sound in this... but I wasn't completely thrilled with his notes... better to have multiple testers ideally. I am also always looking for really good outside beta testers (we have some that do it just in trade for the product itself and that sometimes works out). But that stuff all has to be organized well to work best. We have a new Managing Director at Sonic Reality that just came on board. I used to work with him when he managed the keyboard division of Alesis. His name is Erik Norlander and he's a keyboardist who goes out there and does all sorts of gigs too. Here he is featured on the Moog site: http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/ Anyway, Erik has a very methodical and practical approach that I always liked. We're fortunate to have him and a talented team to work with. It's all about the chemistry of people and procedures... like any team or band or... but you gotta find a balance and we find ourselves overloaded to try to pull off EVERYTHING but there are schedules to meet and bills to pay... we just do our best and are fueled with a lot of drive and passion to offer something compelling.

Oh check this out. Erik is also featured on the home page here with some pretty cool pics of him amidst a load of keyboard gear. Look at that Modular Moog rack. Erik actually helped me sample the Moogs for SampleMoog as did a friend on KVR who lent me his Multimoog! Look at this though: http://www.moogfoundation.com/ Erik is an even more pretentious proghead than me! ;) In other words, he'd wear a Wakeman Cape. :lol: I am more of the Tony Banks school of keyboard playing and he's more of the Wakeman/Emerson... and actually he got to play with both of them. Not too shabby. He has some great samples of Emerson's GX-1 as well... for the upcoming Keith Emerson Collection we've been working on with Keith for years. Anyway, Erik is now officially part of the SR team.

Nice to know he's in the house. Ever since Samplemoog came out, I have thought that there is something exceptionally brilliant in the overall "tone" of the instrument. And I don't mean the sounds as such but the "tone" of sampling quality you have achieved in that product. Very warm and clear simultaneously. Actually I use Sampletron and Miroslav more (it is a matter of style and genre, you know) but it has always been my impression that Samplemoog is perhaps the best sampling achievement in the whole series of ST-engined instruments.

Squids wrote:
Analyst69 wrote: Example: This Group Buy is the Ducks Guts. :D
It's the also the Dog's Bollocks, The Thripney Bits... and the cat's meow. :D
Let's not forget the Goat's Milk. I actually use that one regularly.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”