New eSoundz GROUP BUY: Xpansion Tank 7 for 1 + exclusive bonuses

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Squids, I apologize to you. I am ashamed to admit that I sold sample tank a bit short. I simply purchased too much software this past year, in order to fully investigate all the capabilities each software possessed. I was so amazed when I watched your videos this very early a.m., that I am definitely going to pursue this further. How many times can I join this group buy? Interestingly enough, I found out about the group buy from IK multimedia first, and then found it in KVR forums and saw that you were promoting the same offer. I know you are new to this idea of promoting, but I'm sure your will learn.

:P

roundabout71 wrote:
Hey Squids, I apologize to you. I am ashamed to admit that I sold sample tank a bit short. I simply purchased too much software this past year, in order to fully investigate all the capabilities each software possessed. I was so amazed when I watched your videos this very early a.m., that I am definitely going to pursue this further. How many times can I join this group buy? Interestingly enough, I found out about the group buy from IK multimedia first, and then found it in KVR forums and saw that you were promoting the same offer. I know you are new to this idea of promoting, but I'm sure your will learn. Sorry about the typo.

:P
:oops: Should have reviewed it first.

roundabout71 wrote:I know you are new to this idea of promoting, but I'm sure your will learn.
New to the idea of promoting? Are you serious!? Squids practically invented group buys and online promotions.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Note that referrals will work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys)!

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

zedd wrote:
roundabout71 wrote:I know you are new to this idea of promoting, but I'm sure your will learn.
New to the idea of promoting? Are you serious!? Squids practically invented group buys and online promotions.
Hey, Zedd, I guess I should have inserted a smiley there. In fact, i did try, but it went to the bottom of the page. I was just kidding Squids. My gosh, I have never seen such a tireless promoter. I like to kid Squids and Allen from time to time, just to keep things lighthearted. Squids even pokes fun at himself from time to time in his own postings. Hope this clears things up. Didn't you read my blond joke?
Regards,
roundabout71 :D

Some very inspiring sounds in these packs. I like the Hip hop instruments (orch & synth sections) especially, even if I don't like the genre.

SampleArp pack seems to have been done in a little hurry. Browsing the sounds, one finds lots of difference in default volume - beware, don't blow your ears off!!! In PolySynth8ft, strange samples on the uppermost octaves.

Update: we are at 1505 right now, so the choices just got more fun!

Oddly, the child patches of Hip Hop Sounds and World Collection do not show up.

And yes, I have re-installed and relisted (in ST) several times.

Makes me wonder. :?:

I'm working with Mac Pro OSX 10.6.3.

Jus11 wrote:Oddly, the child patches of Hip Hop Sounds and World Collection do not show up.

A quick peek at the my World Collection data files shows that there are no .stip files for the child patches included.

Not missing much, as it looks like the childs would be only have the reverb effect added.

Sami

Just to clarify something, Child patches are ARE the .stip files.

-- The main Instrument is defined by three files; with the extensions .sth, ..sti and .stw.
-- Child patches ("User preset" on the ST2 GUI) have the extension .stip.
-- These are all in the ST2 Instruments library and the .stip files must be in the same folder are their "parent" Instrument files.
-- Combis have the extension .ikmp and are saved in the ST2 Program folder C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets here) or a sub-folder.

Looking through the Child Preset Update files:
-- there are 147 Cinematik, 88 Hip Hop and 221 World Collection patches for Windows,
-- it looks like there are only the 88 Hip Hop patches for MAC OSX (but I don't understand how the OSX filing system works, with those files starting with ._ )
-- many patches have Reverb added, but there are other variations too in the Cinematik collection.

Worth having to enhance your Xpansion Tanks, especially if you are new to SampleTank.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Just to clarify something, Child patches are ARE the .stip files.
Yes, that's what I meant, there are no .stip files included in the World collection zip file.

And I had totally forgotten this was explained on the Market place forum:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=503

So, you need to download the missing child presets.

Sami

Jus11 wrote:Oddly, the child patches of Hip Hop Sounds and World Collection do not show up.

By re-installed... do you mean that you downloaded my zip and followed my directions from a previous post or do you mean that you re-installed it from IK's user area? Because it hasn't been updated from IK yet, I just gave you guys the child patches in advance for those three titles. But one must follow my directions precisely (basically making sure that the .stip files are put next to the .stw, .sti and .sth counterparts of the sound - which is required for them to be connected).

Anyway, if you didn't do that exactly it won't work. If you DID do that exactly (or even if you think you did) and it doesn't work then hang tight and wait for IK's official update where you can download the whole thing and replace the other one... and that will work and be easier. This was just an option from me ahead of time being nice.

zedd wrote:
Now that I have this validation I am going to go around and say "Are you kidding? Do you KNOW who I am? Have you heard of group buys and online promotions? No? Well I practically INVENTED it! So please let me into the club... it's cold out here..." mutters "freakin' bouncers... think they rule the world."

:D

Actually, years ago I saw Ben from Camel Audio do a Group Buy on KVR for Cameleon (which we did samples for btw - little known factoid) and I thought "What a great idea!"... and then we did a million group buys since and have experienced every level of joy and embarrassment one can in business within a relatively short amount of time each... with me on the front lines "taking it". Luckily I have thick Squid skin. This "type" of online promotion ain't for everybody! It's pretty hands on and sometimes brutal... but I do like it. It's also fun and helps pay the bills while helping some people afford to get more than they would be able to normally. Everyone wins...

Squids wrote:
zedd wrote:
Now that I have this validation I am going to go around and say "Are you kidding? Do you KNOW who I am? Have you heard of group buys and online promotions? No? Well I practically INVENTED it! So please let me into the club... it's cold out here..." mutters "freakin' bouncers... think they rule the world."

:D

Actually, years ago I saw Ben from Camel Audio do a Group Buy on KVR for Cameleon (which we did samples for btw - little known factoid) and I thought "What a great idea!"... and then we did a million group buys since and have experienced every level of joy and embarrassment one can in business within a relatively short amount of time each... with me on the front lines "taking it". Luckily I have thick Squid skin. This "type" of online promotion ain't for everybody! It's pretty hands on and sometimes brutal... but I do like it. It's also fun and helps pay the bills while helping some people afford to get more than they would be able to normally. Everyone wins...
Hey, Squids! Of course I know who you are. I have followed your group buys, and participated in many, as well. I got my smiley in the wrong place. There was supposed to be a wink after the comment I made. I didn't realize until after the fact, that you cannot go back and add a smiley to your text. :shock: Of, if one can, I didn't know how to do it, and it ended up at the bottom of the page. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I'll keep the kidding to myself from now on. :)
Can't wait to see what comes out of your studio ventures. A little progressive rock would be awesome.
Best Regards,
roundabout71

Squids wrote: By re-installed... do you mean that you downloaded my zip and followed my directions from a previous post or do you mean that you re-installed it from IK's user area? Because it hasn't been updated from IK yet, I just gave you guys the child patches in advance for those three titles. But one must follow my directions precisely (basically making sure that the .stip files are put next to the .stw, .sti and .sth counterparts of the sound - which is required for them to be connected).

Anyway, if you didn't do that exactly it won't work. If you DID do that exactly (or even if you think you did) and it doesn't work then hang tight and wait for IK's official update where you can download the whole thing and replace the other one... and that will work and be easier. This was just an option from me ahead of time being nice.
Yeah, thanks, it is nice of you. Previously I did not not know you had this link. I'm downloading it now.

You know, these GB's are absolutely great (I take part in every one I can afford), but I'm also getting kind of tired finding out in GB after GB that something is missing or is not working, or comes late. And such minor mistakes are certainly not good for your business, in the long run. Customers should not act as any kind of beta-testers (you should employ one more person to avoid the mess!), nor should they need to read through xxx pages of forum threads to find out the fixes to instruments which should come with no faults at the first place. Right?

I'm not meaning to sound rude, so I hope I am not. I'm a happy esoundz customer, after all. But you know that those of us who use esoundz a lot, may also be the first ones to notice those minor things that may not be good for the company.

Cheers, have a nice weekend!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”