IK Multimedia Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blueman wrote:
Wow! Bummer :( Is the Studiophonik content worth the download? Thanks for letting us know....
If it's not worth the free download I think I might jump out the window! (that was an easy bluff... I am on the first floor.... but still... of COURSE it's worth the download!)

JavaJ wrote:Great Wild Card Squids
much appreciated and makes a great dessert to huge buffet!
I am glad you like it JavaJ. Thanks. I like it too!

StickyWicket wrote:
Thanks Squids for the quick reply. I actually did exactly as you've stated above (the only exception was deleting the duplicate intruments folder).
Interestingly, a ST user on the Cakewalk forum had the same problem (ST crashed everytime he opened it up in Sonar).
I have no idea. You mean it crashes when loading the specific sound or when loading the SampleTank itself?

Squids wrote:But can anyone really complain what they got for $50 in this? Come on now.
Absolutely not. I suppose my decision to post that observation was in part an expression of my being a wee bit disappointed that the Wild Card didn't satisfy my lust for unreleased content... but I was also alerting others to the existance of the overlaps because it took me some time to confirm that the instruments were doubles. There are a few users following this thread who took part in the previous GB and will appreciate knowing this.

But I agree that for 95% (or more) of the GB participants these sounds will all be new to them (and there is some nice stuff in there folks). And for anyone who didn't join the Studiophonik Prelude GB, you will get some first-hand exposure to the kind of cool sounds coming in that library.

The GB was a fantastic bargain, without a doubt. I'm using the sounds every day. :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

I'm good either way. This was a good time and I'll need MONTHS off of work just to get through everything (joined 3 times) :hihi:

Squids wrote:
2busdriver wrote:Is the "Squids Tron Exclusive Extras" GroupBuy bonus largly duplicated in the full SampleTron? Thanks.
No, in fact those are the sounds that didn't make it into SampleTron... some of the more quirky ones.

Cool, thanks! I'll pickup SampleTron as well.
Last edited by 2busdriver on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow. Seeing some of the complaining in this thread really has me scratching my head. The value of the bonus selection library alone (I choose Squids Tron Exclusive Extras) for this Group Buy far exceeded the $49 USD I spent to get everything. I really don't see how anyone in this Group Buy could, with good reason, complain about what they got for their money. Squids (Dave) loves doing Group Buys, he's excellent at it and he tends to really pile on tons and tons of extras as they go on to keep the energy level high and the numbers of participants increasing. Honestly, if this deal was buy one Expansion Tank 2 library get one free and also had the option to select the bonus (9th) library, It would have been a great deal and enough to get me to click the "buy" button.

All I have left to say now is thanks, first to Squids for putting the whole eSoundz deal together (and for sampling everything!) and second, to Allen from eSoundz, Peter from IK for always being helpful, super cool guys and IK Multimedia. I think this deal was certainly a win for customers and also for eSoundz, Sonic Reality and IK too.

Oh, and one final thanks, to all my fellow musicians who participated in this Group Buy and especially those of you who were very helpful to others. I couldn't have gotten this deal without all of you either. Great job everyone! :)

Thanks to everyone who made this group buy possible.

By the way putting the wildcard-combis to the presetfolder crashes ST
loading up in sonar 8.5. Removed them fom the presetfolder and everything worked fine again.

Oh I see what you mean Zedd... If one was in both the ReTank AND the Studiophonik GB then the Wild Card offers nothing (because even though these SPK sounds weren't released before they ARE a part of the upcoming bonus for SPK GBers). I didn't think about that... well, I guess an easy solution is to let anyone who was in BOTH ReTank and Studiophonik Group Buys to go ahead and pick out another SR pack or something. If anyone is in that boat just hit Allen up. It makes more sense now that you explained it.

It's funny because it is hard to please everyone but if there's anyone we'd do our best to please it is people that join a LOT of the group buys! Even if those are 5% or less than the people involved in this... you count big time to us! We like to reward customer loyalty too so... I should have factored in some other sounds that no one could get otherwise. Then it would have been safe because we don't want to disappoint anyone let alone our best customers... hmmmm. Well if the extra pack doesn't do the trick then let me know. I am sure we can think of something if need be. Most of you know how much we care about customer satisfaction at esoundz.

fergusonbbb wrote:Thanks to everyone who made this group buy possible.

loading up in sonar 8.5. Removed them fom the presetfolder and everything worked fine again.
That's really strange. I wonder why that is...

At the risk of sounding unappreciative, I'll go out on a limb and state that for me the Wild Card was a bit disappointing. Although the GB as a whole was a great deal at only $50 I was hoping for more multisampled content. The retank loops don't really appeal to me though I'll probably find some use for some of them.

Thanks for the Wild Card bonus, Squids, love it! :)

Squids wrote:...if there's anyone we'd do our best to please it is people that join a LOT of the group buys! Even if those are 5% or less than the people involved in this... you count big time to us! We like to reward customer loyalty too so... I should have factored in some other sounds that no one could get otherwise. Then it would have been safe because we don't want to disappoint anyone let alone our best customers... hmmmm. Well if the extra pack doesn't do the trick then let me know. I am sure we can think of something if need be. Most of you know how much we care about customer satisfaction at esoundz.
Thanks for saying so. :-) I regret having suggested any disappointment, because the contents of the Wild Card are really just extra icing on the cake, as far as I am concerned. Allen already did good by me during the course of this GB, so I am quite happy, and will not be asking him for an additional pack.

However... if you're willing to take some more of my money/ePointz... I would be most happy to buy a certain Ringoesque drumkit that I have been coveting, and could put to good use immediately. ;-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Squids wrote:
fergusonbbb wrote:Thanks to everyone who made this group buy possible.

That's really strange. I wonder why that is...
Same problem with me. Cubase 4 crashes when putting the combis to the presetfolder. Sampletank will show error-like with false synth-knobs everywhere and as I tried to open something, Cubase gave me up to 80 error-messages per second, last chance to turn my computer off - otherwise it would've exploded...

Removed them and everything was fine again. You should check this, Squids.

Thanks for the Wild Card bonus, Squids. I love it!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”