midi routing and audiorouting (+ effect routing )

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jpumphandle,

Installed MidiYoke;I got as far as the third rack where you have the synth. When I right click on the track name "synth" on the left middle of the screen, and go to the "choose target module" I find no "In to MidiYoke" choices.

You mentioned you used mux; can you explain the steps you took in mux?

Regards, James

Note: this is a major need of mine, so thank you in advance and the nice thing is this alone will get me to use MU.LAB. Currently, it gets little use but if I can get this working, I will be spending lot more time in production time in Mu.Lab.

sunhome wrote:jpumphandle,

You mentioned you used mux; can you explain the steps you took in mux?

Regards, James
The example above uses the modular area to connect everything. This is a graphic depiction of the current session components. And you can edit the session in a graphic, modular fashion.

Click on Edit>Show Session Modular Area to gain access. Then right click in a blank spot and choose 'Add Module'. From the list select Inputs/Outputs>Event Output. You can choose from any Midi outputs you have configured - in this case Midiyoke 1. You can now connect the ARP module output to Midiyoke 1 by drawing a blue (midi connect) line. (The result is shown in the graphic above which shows the Modular Area - need to scroll right to see it).

Alternate Method:
Left click on the output slot of the rack where your Arp is located (1st rack) and choose output to Synth rack. Now Right click on the output slot (1st rack) and choose 'Show Event Output'. Now left click on the output slot and choose Out to Midi Yoke 1 (as shown in the graphic above).

To record the Arp output, Select the Synth Rack as the target for a track, make sure midi record is armed, and press record. Press space to stop the recording and the dialog will request a name for the new sequence.

Mulab allows for both midi and audio routing from module to module or from Rack to Rack. Because it is extensive, it is a little tricky. But you should be able to follow the above steps.

Make sure under "Edit->MIDI Setup" you have all the ports you need selected.

I thought I would offer one more example using the simplest path.

In this example the Arp is named YesIWill, a simple Arp/Synth that generates up to an 8 step midi output. The first slot holds the Arp in Rack 1. In Rack 1, we configure the output slot to direct the output to Rack 2, Event output is selected (MidiYoke Out 1). There is no synth in Rack 2, but if track 2 is set to the target of Rack 2, then hit record - the midi output is recorded on Track 2 as a new sequence which I named ArpOut.

Hope this helps clear this up for you.

Return to “MUTOOLS”