Maize sampler supporting release samples?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm interested by your sampler and i downloaded the beta but i did not see any release trigger feature. Is that supported? If not, are you planning on supporting it, that would be like the only feature missing for me?

thanks

thysm00 wrote:Hi,
I'm interested by your sampler and i downloaded the beta but i did not see any release trigger feature. Is that supported? If not, are you planning on supporting it, that would be like the only feature missing for me?

thanks
Thanks. We are planning that for the following betas. It will be there before final release.

caoxiang wrote:
Thanks. We are planning that for the following betas. It will be there before final release.
Cool! Can i suggest something similar to the release trigger counter that is present in kontakt? And maybe a possibility to apply a curve to that too? (a lot of times the releases see their level decrease exponentially with time).
And also could it be possible to select multiple items at the same time in the mapping area and apply them the same parameters (without doing this at the group level?)

Btw, i think that your sampler is really great, the few things i tested are pretty promising!

Thanks,

Arno

thysm00 wrote:
caoxiang wrote:
Cool! Can i suggest something similar to the release trigger counter that is present in kontakt? And maybe a possibility to apply a curve to that too? (a lot of times the releases see their level decrease exponentially with time).
And also could it be possible to select multiple items at the same time in the mapping area and apply them the same parameters (without doing this at the group level?)

Btw, i think that your sampler is really great, the few things i tested are pretty promising!

Thanks,

Arno
Thanks, looks like multiple sample selection is really a problem. Many people have complained. I will definitly add that.

About the release trigger counter and curve? I don't quite understand what does that mean. Can you explain a littl bit? And do you think we should add release trigger option on the group level or sample level?

caoxiang wrote: Thanks, looks like multiple sample selection is really a problem. Many people have complained. I will definitly add that.

About the release trigger counter and curve? I don't quite understand what does that mean. Can you explain a littl bit? And do you think we should add release trigger option on the group level or sample level?
I'm sure that the release trigger has to be added at the group level since it's usually something you apply to a whole set of samples.

The release trigger counter is a feature in kontakt that remembers the time between the note on and the note off of the same note. Then, the volume of the release sample depends on that value.
Most samplers have a linear decrease of that volume (the SFZ uses rt_decay and exs has the lenght value next to the Dce row) but in real life, almost every real instrument has a decreasing exponential curve but not always the same, so it's important that the amount as well as the curve can be controlled.

I hope i'm clear enough, it's not really easy to explain and people often get confused and think it's the release part of the adsr whereas it only a volume modulation of the release sample that depends on the note lenght.

So as an example, if you play a C2 for one second then release it, the release sample has to be played and at a lowest volume than if the note had been played for 10ms.

thysm00 wrote:
caoxiang wrote: Thanks, looks like multiple sample selection is really a problem. Many people have complained. I will definitly add that.

I'm sure that the release trigger has to be added at the group level since it's usually something you apply to a whole set of samples.

The release trigger counter is a feature in kontakt that remembers the time between the note on and the note off of the same note. Then, the volume of the release sample depends on that value.
Most samplers have a linear decrease of that volume (the SFZ uses rt_decay and exs has the lenght value next to the Dce row) but in real life, almost every real instrument has a decreasing exponential curve but not always the same, so it's important that the amount as well as the curve can be controlled.

I hope i'm clear enough, it's not really easy to explain and people often get confused and think it's the release part of the adsr whereas it only a volume modulation of the release sample that depends on the note lenght.

So as an example, if you play a C2 for one second then release it, the release sample has to be played and at a lowest volume than if the note had been played for 10ms.
I understand, thanks. I will add a release trigger option and release trigger curve slider in group property.

Cool Thanks :)
If you need something else for the beta test, i'll be glad to test and report !

Arno

thysm00 wrote:Cool Thanks :)
If you need something else for the beta test, i'll be glad to test and report !

Arno
Beta 2 is going to be released the end of this week. Release trigger, reverb, multiple sample selection, etc. will be included.

caoxiang wrote: Beta 2 is going to be released the end of this week. Release trigger, reverb, multiple sample selection, etc. will be included.
Cool! This is great news! I'll test it a soon as it's out!

Hi,
I just tested the new beta and it's really cool to have the release function (i hope the release trigger counter will make it sound even better) :)
The multiple selection is petty cool too, but it's not possible.
Can i suggest something else?
Filters can often be used to smooth out the transitions between layers or also to make a really small sample library with only one velocity layer sound good.
So a low pass filter that would have its cut frequency modulated by the velocity could be usefull in fact the possibility to apply a modulation to any parameter can be usefull too.

I have plenty of ideas if you need some, but maybe you want to let it stay simple :)

Oh yes by the way, i did not see any volume control at the group level...

One last thing, why only AU on mac os? A lot of people are also using VST and i'm sure the SDK should not be that different from the windows one.

I just tested the new beta and it's really cool to have the release function (i hope the release trigger counter will make it sound even better) :)
The multiple selection is petty cool too, but it's not possible.
Can i suggest something else?
Filters can often be used to smooth out the transitions between layers or also to make a really small sample library with only one velocity layer sound good.
So a low pass filter that would have its cut frequency modulated by the velocity could be usefull in fact the possibility to apply a modulation to any parameter can be usefull too.

I have plenty of ideas if you need some, but maybe you want to let it stay simple :)

Oh yes by the way, i did not see any volume control at the group level...

One last thing, why only AU on mac os? A lot of people are also using VST and i'm sure the SDK should not be that different from the windows one.
good suggestions.

The release trigger velocity is the same as the note on velocity now.

Actually, the MSP.component is also a VST plug-in, just rename it to MSP.vst and copy it to the vst folder.

caoxiang wrote:
good suggestions.

The release trigger velocity is the same as the note on velocity now.
Well i noticed that :) I was just talking about the volume modulation that depends on time and a customizable curve i was talking about before.
caoxiang wrote: Actually, the MSP.component is also a VST plug-in, just rename it to MSP.vst and copy it to the vst folder.
Oh nice :)

Hi,

Any news about the "release trigger counter" equivalent i was suggesting? I've seen the beta 3 but nothing about that feature (btw it's a feature that can be read from the exs format, it's the lenght value next to the trigger option in the group settings).
Anything about the modulators too?

Any news about the "release trigger counter" equivalent i was suggesting? I've seen the beta 3 but nothing about that feature (btw it's a feature that can be read from the exs format, it's the lenght value next to the trigger option in the group settings).
I will take a look at the "release trigger counter" after I fixed several bugs in maize sampler 2.

I just checked this option in Logic EXS24. It seems they only have the decay time option, that is how long the release triggered sample should be played. They don't have the volume control based on note on length, right? So which one do you mean?

Return to “Maizesoft”