How to further customize the GUI??

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how to further customize the GUI other than what SonicBirth is capable of.

For example, how do you change the font? And SonicBirth only gives you the option to edit the back- and foreground images of knobs and sliders but what about text fields, etc?

I know you could do the layout of how you want the knobs and sliders and then screenshot it and edit the GUI in a graphic program but what if I want a custom font for a knob or slider that displays a changin value?

Any help would be greatly appreciated??

There are many limitations with graphic works.
try to layer different graphics on top of each other,
using transparency.
[For a slider for example, only design the handel,
then design the background [import using graphic object)

Use your favorite graphics program to write static fonts/text directly onto the background.

I hope this helps!

I would also like to find out if there is a way to change the font and size of values.
So if anybody has an idea about that,
please speak up!
DSP with attitude

Yeah. Thanks. I managed to get quite a decent looking GUI with my Binaural Beat plugin (check the forum post just before this one) just by creating custom images for the knobs and using graphic objects to put in text labels but I was still stuck with the phony text on the midi settings because you cant change that.

I think that should be the first thing that the developers should deal with if a new version of SB appears - a better way to customise the look.

Thanks for the ideas though! :) :)

Return to “SonicBirth”