Maize Sampler 2 is on the way

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PM sent. Thank you in advance.

Mike

I'm ok for be a beta tester to !!

Vincent Sermonne wrote:I'm ok for be a beta tester to !!
Send me a pm with your email address, I will send you a secret alpha as well.

I have not started with it yet, but I will say the interface is fantastic.

Mike

Very interesting, i would love to beta-test as well!

Cheers,
-Dennis

sonicfire wrote:Very interesting, i would love to beta-test as well!

Cheers,
-Dennis
The scheduled beta 1 in on valentine's day (Feb 14th). Now it's just some internal alpha testing. At that time, I will send a email to all old users and post news on this forum and maizesoft website.

Do I ask questions here or in the beta test area?

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Do I ask questions here or in the beta test area?

Mike
The best location is the bug tracking system, it helps us to remember everything.

caoxiang wrote:

Cheers,
-Dennis
The scheduled beta 1 in on valentine's day (Feb 14th). Now it's just some internal alpha testing. At that time, I will send a email to all old users and post news on this forum and maizesoft website.
Sounds interesting - so is this an open beta then? Or how can i participate? :)

sonicfire wrote:
caoxiang wrote:

Cheers,
-Dennis
Sure, just give me a email once the beta1 is released and I will send you the links about downloading and bug tracking.

By the way, I'm adding EXS24 loader for Maize Sampler 2 these days.

caoxiang wrote:
sonicfire wrote:
caoxiang wrote:

Cheers,
-Dennis
Sure, just give me a email once the beta1 is released and I will send you the links about downloading and bug tracking.

By the way, I'm adding EXS24 loader for Maize Sampler 2 these days.
Great! Thanks :hyper:

hi maize master,

just read v2 is on the way, and as i'm amking my living of sounddesign since 15 years now, your product is interresting for me generally. however, there's several limitations that made me avoid your otherwise very interresting product up too now. imo (not meant as moaning or offensive in any way, just constrictive critics):
i would use your sampler if it would allow for complex modulation (via a dropdown-modulation matrix), free routable env's and lfo's, different filters, some synth features like ringmodulation or/and basic fm, as well as a good selection of buildt in fx. i don't need a basic sample player that i could sell my samples. what i would need would be a full fledged synth that is based on my basic samples. the rest would be done with the synth engine within your sampler. that would be it. otherwise there's already the kontakt engine in direct competition, but it'd love your concept way more ... just my thoughts which i thought i have to drop, wish you all the success!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:hi maize master,

just read v2 is on the way, and as i'm amking my living of sounddesign since 15 years now, your product is interresting for me generally. however, there's several limitations that made me avoid your otherwise very interresting product up too now. imo (not meant as moaning or offensive in any way, just constrictive critics):
i would use your sampler if it would allow for complex modulation (via a dropdown-modulation matrix), free routable env's and lfo's, different filters, some synth features like ringmodulation or/and basic fm, as well as a good selection of buildt in fx. i don't need a basic sample player that i could sell my samples. what i would need would be a full fledged synth that is based on my basic samples. the rest would be done with the synth engine within your sampler. that would be it. otherwise there's already the kontakt engine in direct competition, but it'd love your concept way more ... just my thoughts which i thought i have to drop, wish you all the success!
I totally understand what you mean. The old maize sampler only have limited synth features such as filter envelop and LFOs. But the maize sampler 2 has some improvements on that. For example, we added a LFO component for instrument. You can assign it to control pitch, pan or expression. And you can also choose the depth control source of the LFO to mod wheel, after touch, etc. However, it's still limited for a full featured synth, because my original idea is to enable most sample based synthesis instead of other synth techniques.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

I still believe that the main goal/quality/advantage of maize sampler is the ability to make pro-looking vsti to share/sell easy-to-use closed soundbanks... And it does not need to be so complex...
The best free harpsichord soundbanks, the famous Maestro Concert Grand piano : http://sonimusicae.free.fr
The list of the best free synths :
http://lesitedeburnie.free.fr/

brok landers wrote:hi maize master,

You should take what this man says to heart - he is one of the foremost experts on preset design and knows EXACTLY what customers of yours would want.

Please don't be swayed by some of the people that say that fx and the other things Brok mentioned are not important. Name me ONE synth - just ONE - that does not have these features and is selling well or at all.

I can safely tell you that you will NOT be able to name even one. No one will buy a sample-only player. Given away for free, sure. But, if the customer cannot make tweaks to the lfos, envelopes, effects, etc or they are simply missing, they will not buy the product - or, you will have to sell it so chaep as to be useless sales-wise.

Again, Brok is probably one of the best preset designers in the world - take what he says VERY seriously. If you get his attention, you get everyone's attention.

This is about you making money with your product, right? Then listen to someone that is booked FAR in advance for preset design and sampling. The dude knows his stuff BIG TIME.

Mike

Return to “Maizesoft”