Vaz feature requests

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NFA wrote:Has anyone requested a OSC module? as in Open Sound Control.
No, what kind of scenarios are you thinking of? OSC would be an alternative to MIDI? Does that make sense in a plugin or just for standalone?

Martin

It's more of an enhancement/addition to MIDI than alternative. It would be great for standalone and plugin version (see Reaktor). For example, OSC is not limited to just 128 CCs.

Couldn't have put it better....

An OSC mod source module would be very cool, it would also allow many things that are not currently possible, such as the 16 parts of VAZ could inter modulate each other or interact with other OSC sources and would allow more advanced remote control of VAZ by hardware ;-)

Kev

NFA wrote:such as the 16 parts of VAZ could inter modulate each other
Kev
I've always wondered how this could be possible, in that case a big up for OSC support!

Winstontaneous wrote:
NFA wrote:such as the 16 parts of VAZ could inter modulate each other
Kev
I've always wondered how this could be possible, in that case a big up for OSC support!
I don't believe there's anything specific to OSC which would enable this scenario.

Martin

you could use the loop back IP address and as long as you defined unique objects in each synth they could address each other.

it would be good to get a second bank added to the control sequencer, so you had A-H rows of sliders.

On a similar note - if i midi link a control to each of the buttons in a control/ trigger sequencer, then add another copy of the same type of module, i can only assign to ONE of them.. can i get two control sequencers each individually mapped without conflict?

does that make sense?
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

How about a 'reset all sequencers to pattern 1' option ;)

mojogigolo wrote:it would be good to get a second bank added to the control sequencer, so you had A-H rows of sliders.
Yes please! :tu: Actually, I'd love control converters with even more rows if possible but I guess at some point it would take up to much space. I'd use one with 64 rows, if I could, but I don't know how many others would... I'd appreciate a possibility to name each individual row of controllers, when I use five control converter modules I tend to get slightly lost at times (especially of tweeking sounds and changing something in the sequences has kept me up all night)...

I sometimes use a slew limiter for the control converter, sacrificing a whole row to adjust the degree of slew or a value of zero for none. Would it be possible to build in some sort of glide between the values as when just choosing "s" for certain notes in the CV converter? I don't really always need to fine adjust the degree of slew limiting for every single step anyway, but a choice of the "glide" time would be nice. For instance filtersweeps will off course sound quite different with various "glide" times.

I will post more requests later some time, having a look at how modules that didn't quite make sense to me earlier turns out to do what I thought was missing if used in certain manners and rewriting the remaining requests so they might become comprehensible to others than myself...

It would be fairly easy to add a per-row "slide" switch to the Control Converter, which would basically "join the dots" between the stages. This would be the same as Slide in the Sequencer with Gate Time set to zero, so maybe also adding a Gate Time slider would be useful?

On the many rows front, would multiple pages of sliders be easier to handle the multiple modules?

MadGav wrote:It would be fairly easy to add a per-row "slide" switch to the Control Converter, which would basically "join the dots" between the stages. This would be the same as Slide in the Sequencer with Gate Time set to zero, so maybe also adding a Gate Time slider would be useful?

On the many rows front, would multiple pages of sliders be easier to handle the multiple modules?
I was thinking of a switch per stage per row, but you probably got that (just want to be sure).. About gate time, I've never really thought of the controll converters as having gate times so I'm not quite sure but if it affects the «glide» time in the manner I'm imagining it would be helpful.

I'm not sure if multiple pages would help or not, I'd almost need to test it out.. I'll do my best to visualize it and think about what would work... If you could make some screenshots of excactly how you picture this implemented it would be easier to imagine it. If the names I've given the controll converters would also be the names used at the top of the actual module and at the bottom of the page where I choose between the different sequencer modules and inserts that surely would help a lot with the current situation. Happy to se stuff can be done! :tu:

Multiple pages sound fine. 16 steps per page. 128 steps max (so, 8 pages). Yep. That'd work!

EvilDragon wrote:Multiple pages sound fine. 16 steps per page. 128 steps max (so, 8 pages). Yep. That'd work!
In this case we were discussing more rows as opposed to more steps, but the more steps request has previously been noted ;)

Martin

Oh, right. My bad! :)

So what were your thoughts around OSC?

I expect it is quite a lot of work, including TCP/IP support being added to VAZ, but it would be great to be able to control VAZ from other supporting OSC projects including embedded platforms ;-)

Kevin

Return to “VAZ Synths”