Vaz feature requests

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, the voicenumber-module can add magic to alot of things! :)

mojogigolo wrote:
MadGav wrote:Winston: solo on the mixer is blatantly missing, I'll put it on the wish list.

The granular osc is built to have density 1, more like a kind of timestretch. Polyphony tricks might allow different integer densities? Variable density would require a whole new module I think, ideas welcome ;)
If you want higher grain densities, (as gav said) just up the polyphony. i often go mono/unison, a bunch of voices, then you can use the voicecount module to give differing parameters (grain length/ pitch/ position/ etc) to each individual voice.
Could you please share a patch that does this?

I get the basic principle (changing density with polyphony) but am not sure how/where to put the voicecount (do you mean voice number?) module to do what you say.

Also, is this technique unique to VAZ or is it derived from the behavior of analog modulars?

Thanks!

Winstontaneous wrote:
mojogigolo wrote:
MadGav wrote:Winston: solo on the mixer is blatantly missing, I'll put it on the wish list.

The granular osc is built to have density 1, more like a kind of timestretch. Polyphony tricks might allow different integer densities? Variable density would require a whole new module I think, ideas welcome ;)
If you want higher grain densities, (as gav said) just up the polyphony. i often go mono/unison, a bunch of voices, then you can use the voicecount module to give differing parameters (grain length/ pitch/ position/ etc) to each individual voice.
Could you please share a patch that does this?

I get the basic principle (changing density with polyphony) but am not sure how/where to put the voicecount (do you mean voice number?) module to do what you say.

Also, is this technique unique to VAZ or is it derived from the behavior of analog modulars?

Thanks!
I use the voicenumber module for osc pitch, envelope depth and filters to make the sounds more organic and "analog". Try set the polyphony to 8 voices and put a voicenumbermodule to modulate osc pitch, then raise the voicenumber-depth and play a chord. Now every voice has it's own tune. Do the same to filters and envelopes etc.... Then sell your Jupiter 8! ;)

The same method would be perfect for grain-modulation.

/Kire

James Johnson wrote:same exact specs and panel layout as the current 8:2 mixer just smaller version
Mixer 4:2 will be no problem, simply a case of cutting Mixer 8:2 down. A 2:2 would require more thought to lay out and if it couldn't be packed into half the size wouldn't have much point?

Martin

Kire wrote:I use the voicenumber module for osc pitch, envelope depth and filters to make the sounds more organic and "analog". Try set the polyphony to 8 voices and put a voicenumbermodule to modulate osc pitch, then raise the voicenumber-depth and play a chord. Now every voice has it's own tune. Do the same to filters and envelopes etc.... Then sell your Jupiter 8! ;)

The same method would be perfect for grain-modulation.

/Kire
OK, it's making sense now--thanks!

Back to FRs: add "Skip" to CV Pattern sequencer, and maybe a "Half" option (kind of an inverse "Double").

Also wish ratio of Sine Osc could be modulated.

MadGav--thanks again for this inspiring instrument!

MadGav wrote:Image
perfect...talk about customer support and service :D

thank you!
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

Not sure how easy this would be, but it would be quite useful...

When setting a parameter in a module have the value displayed in real units - i.e. miliseconds for envelope times, Hz for frequency etc, instead of the 0...127 values currently displayed.

Andreas

ASch wrote:When setting a parameter in a module have the value displayed in real units - i.e. miliseconds for envelope times, Hz for frequency etc, instead of the 0...127 values currently displayed.
Nice, but a large amount of rework through every module, so a major release feature aka not happening soon...

any luck to see vaz on mac one day? it would be a dream come true !

Amongst many thoughs I've had, one that would be really useful is an additive synth oscillator module, with 32 partials defaulting to sine wave and with optional selectable waveform for the whole set (or even each partial) and maybe optional phase.

Should have the partials volumes setup graphically.

Although you could patch this together manually, it would a nightmare to setup correctly and difficuly to control in a visual way.

could there be the option of displaying osc pitch mod depth in semitones, rather than 128 increments? would help if you wanted to bend a pitch a certain amount. the same cv note readout would be great for the comb filter as well.

also, a retrig option on all multi-oscs would be great.

the ability ot modulate the pitch and direction of playback on the glitch mdules would also be nice.

and its simple, but i never worked out how to render a perfect loop in the standalone. it can easily syn to play, but i found no way to end the recording at one loop..?
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

AndrewLMacaulay wrote:Amongst many thoughs I've had, one that would be really useful is an additive synth oscillator module, with 32 partials defaulting to sine wave and with optional selectable waveform for the whole set (or even each partial) and maybe optional phase.

Should have the partials volumes setup graphically.

Although you could patch this together manually, it would a nightmare to setup correctly and difficuly to control in a visual way.
This would be cool if each of the partials could have its level modulated independently. I remember messing about with this in CSound a few years ago and you can get some powerful shifting timbres.

Andreas

Here's some requests that I sorely miss:

* separate pitch bend up and pitch bend down ranges on CV Converter module (up/down 36 semitones)

* presets per synth

* seamless patch transition even if the structures are different (hard, I know, but definitely not impossible)!

* knobs instead of sliders (optional)

* more colors for modules

* real-life value units, as requested above

* enhance dropdown menus by using mousewheeling when hovering over value fields to change them

* better yet, take down dropdown menus and use click-draggable value fields to edit them (see NI Kontakt for implementing these), but still with the option to double-click the value field and type in the value

* visual module browser as a new tab on the interface

* important: allow key-off envelope retriggering while sustain pedal is held down, on monophonic playing modes. Try this: play C and hold it, then play E (third above) staccato, with a monophonic sound, essentially mimicking guitaristic hammer-on/pull-off action. Now while playing this press the sustain pedal, and listen how the notes get eaten up. This is unwanted behavior in my opinion, I'd like to see it rectified, or at least made optional. Thank you!

Hi EvilDragon,

Most of what you've listed would require synth-level changes which won't be practical before a major release (not practically happening).

Separate pitch bend would be possible, out of interest how would you be using it?

I'll try to work out what you're on about with the sustain retriggering thing, you're saying that note priority is working fine with notes held down, but not with the sustain pedal down after notes have been released?

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”