Helix is outstanding

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to give credit where credit is due: Helix sounds absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I've purchased Helix. I know nothing about programming synths and I don't have any connections to the company that makes Helix. I'm just someone who enjoys writing electronic music in my spare time. I've found that Helix sounds absolutely stunning and the number of presets make Helix a pleasure to play.

I've purchased quite a few popular soft synths before purchasing Helix. After using Helix exclusively for some time, I loaded up quite a few other synths, and was surprised to find the sounds lacking in depth and uniqueness. Helix sounds dynamic, and the sounds posses lots of character and presence.

So after I bought a new computer, I installed Helix but didn't even bother installing the other soft synths. My only regret was not having found Helix before buying all the other synths! :lol:

If you happen to be shopping around for a soft synth, I recommend that you try Helix first.

Thank you Jonas for developing this!

Jacob Bell

I totally agree brotherjake. The issue with not being able to use the A, B, C and D cc's under the "cc" tab with controllers is really annoying though. Can you use these successfully?

I am pretty sure this is not my daw's fault. I've tried several daw's, several controllers and several cc setups. Nothing happens :-/ Obviously I could manually define controllers, but then again I would forfeit the "matrix" system.

I just want to get this fixed.

Sorry for the unnecessary plug, but if you're not into programming yer own synth patches, we've just released another soundset for Helix :) We've got 3 total available for $5 each

http://www.teamdnr.net
Chris Ihao wrote:The issue with not being able to use the A, B, C and D cc's under the "cc" tab with controllers is really annoying though. Can you use these successfully?
ha, no, I thought it was just me. Have you sent in a bug report about it? I have not, but I will now. Figures, I should have reported it long ago..

Sorry for the unnecessary plug, but if you're not into programming yer own synth patches, we've just released another soundset for Helix :) We've got 3 total available for $5 each

http://www.teamdnr.net
rlahalla wrote:ha, no, I thought it was just me. Have you sent in a bug report about it? I have not, but I will now. Figures, I should have reported it long ago..
Ah, finally. Good to know, sort of :) I mailed Jonas about it, but havent got an answer regarding this specific bug. If you send one as well, this may very well be fixed more quickly. Its almost impossible to create a default template for helix, because of the many possibilities, so the midi learn is really helpful in this case. He already stated he will fix the "D midi learn", so you know.

Thanks rlahalla. I'll probably pick up your sounds one of these days btw. :D

Chris Ihao wrote:I totally agree brotherjake. The issue with not being able to use the A, B, C and D cc's under the "cc" tab with controllers is really annoying though. Can you use these successfully?

I am pretty sure this is not my daw's fault. I've tried several daw's, several controllers and several cc setups. Nothing happens :-/ Obviously I could manually define controllers, but then again I would forfeit the "matrix" system.

i do successfully use CC tab controls. i just set up controllers, assign them in matrix and set the modulation amount to taste. works fine for me.
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

michu wrote:
Chris Ihao wrote:I totally agree brotherjake. The issue with not being able to use the A, B, C and D cc's under the "cc" tab with controllers is really annoying though. Can you use these successfully?

i do successfully use CC tab controls. i just set up controllers, assign them in matrix and set the modulation amount to taste. works fine for me.
Dang. You are correct. I guess I had the modulation too low to hear anything, and expected some visual feedback of the parameters changing. This is modulation though, and OF COURSE its not visualized. Stupid me.

I hear it now though. It IS modulated. Thanks michu for making me test it just one more time.

DOH! :dog:

Chris Ihao wrote:
michu wrote:

Dang. You are correct. I guess I had the modulation too low to hear anything, and expected some visual feedback of the parameters changing. This is modulation though, and OF COURSE its not visualized. Stupid me.

I hear it now though. It IS modulated. Thanks michu for making me test it just one more time.
Glad to be of a service :)

TBH, sometime (when i use a laptop without a midi controller attached) i find the lack of visual feedback or a gui control of ABCD modulators a bit of an annoyance. i usually just work it around with either cc-rider or touchpad2midi tho'...
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

michu wrote:
Chris Ihao wrote:
michu wrote:Glad to be of a service :)

TBH, sometime (when i use a laptop without a midi controller attached) i find the lack of visual feedback or a gui control of ABCD modulators a bit of an annoyance. i usually just work it around with either cc-rider or touchpad2midi tho'...
Well, thats why when Jonas reads this, he will implement this at some time ;) (wink wink, nudge nudge) Loving my Helix though.

Cheers.

I second the authors opinion... :) Amazing.

Amazing indeed!!

even the first free incarnation was amazing!!

Ben
whats a sig?

Yes, Helix sounds great! I was drooling over it for quite a while and finally bought it recently. It has become my favorite along with Zebra.

Great synth Audjoo!

-Ed

i just discovered it because i'm still searching for a good allround-synth with lots of depth, features and fx. guess what? i've found it - helix.

i'm absolutely impressed by the possibilities of this beauty. next month i will buy it definately. damn, this could be my new real workhorse :hyper:

and even more amazing is the cpu usage. i can barely see my cpu metres moving! fantastic programming job !! :D

funny, i thought you've been to many threads where i constantly praised helix... :) well, better late than never... you'll soon find helix to be extremly capable for a lot of sounds...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

i already do :D and i cant believe the audjoo forum is so dead?! :-o

Return to “Audjoo”