Thesys midi export

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is midi export coming anytime soon ?

can potential customers get an idea of what is coming in the next update and an ETA ?

bump

Hi topaz,

we can't make any promises regarding midi export.
Since in most hosts you can just record the output of thesys, this feature does not have a very high priority for us.

Robert

That's a real shame, being a logic user this is a real showstopper as recording midi over the iac bus is impossible to get the same results as being played in thesys.
Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi topaz,

we can't make any promises regarding midi export.
Since in most hosts you can just record the output of thesys, this feature does not have a very high priority for us.

Robert

As a workaround you could wrap Thesys in Plugue Bidule AU which provides a midi recorder. Bidule AU is not free, but very powerful. In particular it can be used as a general VST wrapper, for example to run Reaktor VST sequencers and get midi output from them into Logic. So you could also use Thesys VST in Logic and record its standard midi output in Bidule with perfect timing.

Thanks for the info but it would work out very expensive this way.

Thesys needs midi export/drag and drop.
broc wrote:As a workaround you could wrap Thesys in Plugue Bidule AU which provides a midi recorder. Bidule AU is not free, but very powerful. In particular it can be used as a general VST wrapper, for example to run Reaktor VST sequencers and get midi output from them into Logic. So you could also use Thesys VST in Logic and record its standard midi output in Bidule with perfect timing.

Greetings Good People,
@ broc - this is good information and much appreciated.

However, this means additonal cost (and potentially more problems - and not saying Bidule would let me down). I too use Logic and feel adding cost is not an option at this point. Fortunately I also use Sonar and can get by with SB's suggestion and create a midi file for import. It would be much nicer though to simplify my process as much as possible.

No offense to the SB team because I think they have done a superb job in creation of their products; however, midi export is one of those things missing that takes a great product to the next level. Not sure what it takes to write the code but it can't believe it would be that much of a problem.

Just my humble opinion and thanks for reading.
dsan

Midi export would be useful also for Consequence, to work around the limitation of Ableton Live regarding multi-channel midi output.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”