EMM issue to double check maybe.. for WK and Ligih

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've discovered a little something in EMM that may be worth double checking... not sure if it's meant to be this way and\or if anything should be done about it.

Here is how you can see what I mean.

Load it up in SX on one midi track, set rec. button so you can just play it live... you don't need to record it for this test.

If possible arrange your windows so you can see the GUI for EMM and as you do the following.

In the SX track inspector, where you can change the patch for EMM... select the Shankar Sitar patch... play a note or two and let the not die out... then select the patch above or below [perfect sitar or space sitar]

do you hear it play a drone when you change the patch, even though no midi key is pressed? try this with diff patches... you will see some play the note and some don't... if you watch the GUI for EMM as you change patches you will see this happen when the patches are changing from the settings for retrigger and alterne....

Now I see this could be a bummer when using EMM along with program changes during the timeline for one midi track... you see what I'm saying?

In other words... when you send the command for a program change it should not really play anything until some midi info triggers the EMM, right?

I understand that if a midi note is still playing in the synth when a program change gets sent it would cause this same sort of thing to happen but that is clearly not the case here... test that by letting any note you have played totally die out before you change the patch.

again, I don't know if this is something that can be programmed differently or not... just reporting in case it's helpful. :)

Thanxs Max, this is indeed a good point. Maybe the FREE drone should only play after a note. BUT, there remains a problem, some people will want drone to start playing at the end of the sequence. So I will have to think on a better solution.

Here is what I tought:

- Sequencer starts from ZERO position, drone is trigered. Otherwise, is not.
- Note-On, if drone is OFF it trigers ON.

Wk

yes William that sounds like a possible solution... "if on triggers off"... so if you want to compile one like that I'd be happy to give a shake down cruise... %^)

Max, sorry for the delay, the problem has been resolved on V1.28, with some other updates. Check the LOGIN page, you can download just the UPDATE (click on EMM download and it will show you the 2 files, FULL AND UPDATE ;) )

Best Regards, WilliamK

Return to “NUSofting”