Sugar Bytes is giving you the HAND: Artillery2 at half-price!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Always a Q, what about VAT? Included or not?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

mellotronaut wrote:
dsp music wrote:Loved the thread title! :lol:
+1 :lol:
It should be "Sugar Bytes give NI The Finger" :hihi:

I am hoping for a special price action for "Effectrix".
Then I will buy it. Any chance for it?

Compyfox wrote:Always a Q, what about VAT? Included or not?
Yes, VAT is included.

best
Rico

mellotronaut wrote:
dsp music wrote:Loved the thread title! :lol:
+1 :lol:
I think it is a brillient also... $99 is reserved, for sure.

8)

This is getting bought for sure. Your vowel filters are sick. I bought Computer Music magazine just for Artillery and then saw you left out the vowel filter, so this is good news.

Thanks.

Sonar users, if you enter Artillery's fx properties page and configure it as a synth instead of fx, you can trigger the fx from your piano roll. Same goes for Effectrix, but this beats Effectrix imo.
Last edited by AL321 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

AL321 wrote:
Sonar users, if you enter Artillery's fx properties page and configure it as a synth instead of fx, you can trigger the fx from your piano roll.
:shock: I'll try that later.
'Fastest Filter in the West'

Gucky wrote:I am hoping for a special price action for "Effectrix".
Then I will buy it. Any chance for it?
I bought Artillery2 for way more that $99 (but stiil worth every penny I spent) and I was hoping for the same deal on Effectrix for Artillery2 owners. I had Effectrix for a while but had to sell it when I needed some money. Now, if could have a 50% off deal on it, I would surely buy it again ...

+1

Been playin' the Effectrix demo and it's great and FUN!

Some things I've noticed about Artillery2 after I bought it:

1) the vocoder effect is kind of weak( :? ) I think TAL Vocoder and vocomorph sound better. More dramatic.

2) The vowel filter is not as strong as I'd like. Only with 90 to 100% res does it sound really good. I can do better with forma 8.

3) just saw that NIs the finger has 40(!) effects, while Artillery has 28. More effects would be great.(maybe Artillery3?)

Other than those points, I'm quite pleased with my purchase :hyper:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Hmm.. isn't The Finger a bit different? I mean it can sequence MULTIPLE effects in series, the chain depending on what order you pressed down the keys. At least the demo video doesn't shed any light on this matter when it comes to Artillery. Right at the end of the Artillery video there are two keys pressed down so some kind of polyphony is supported (this was of course expected) but how is the order of effects chosen?

IMHO that feature of The Finger makes it superior (provided that Artillery lacks this feature) as you are actually composing complete effect racks live, not just simply triggering single effect routings.

Artillery at 99$ does seem like a steal but as an owner of Reaktor I might get better use of The Finger as I can tweak it to suit my workflow, right?

Any opinions on the clear differences in performance of these would be appreciated. Anybody own both?

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The effects chain left(of the keyboard) to the right. So, for instance, you could have the loop effect(stutter,repeat), then into a phaser, then into effectx,y,z,etc... but the keys hafta be held under the effect on the virtual keyboard. But they hafta go(as far as I can tell) left to right ordered. Plus the effects key track to effect, for example, the size of the slice of the looper. I've only had a day so I can't say whether you can have an effects "rack" per key. That would be sweet though. :D
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

VSTJuNkiE wrote:
The vowel filter is not as strong as I'd like. Only with 90 to 100% res does it sound really good. I can do better with forma 8.
That surprised me. To be honest, it's a long time since i played with Artillery. I was basing my opinion on Sugar Bytes other vowel filter Wow. So is Artillery very much different to Wow then? If they are the same, then that's fine with me. If they are different, then that's a bit of a downer for me.
BTW, i got Forma8 too. Really useful plugin. Vocalizer is another one worth looking at too. But Tone2 and Sugar Bytes just seem to add a little extra something with their sound, which makes them hard to beat, in my eyes. But each to their own, i suppose.

Bmanic, i don't know what DAW you're using, but in Sonar you don't have to use that on-screen keyboard at all. You can assign, say, a phaser to C3-C4, a filter C4-C5 etc, and you can trigger any effect at any time from your DAW's piano roll, by inputting midi notes.
The thing that makes this extra cool, is you can have variations of the same effect across the keyboard, so if your phaser is C3-C4, you can set it up so that the lfo depth increases as you go further up the keyboard. It's ultimate sonic control, really. That's why i like it.

The vowel filter is based on WOW and is pretty strong and versatile. Ever tried the Comb filter? A monstermouth. So...maybe its better to make your own picture of Artillery, personally I find his words a bit unfair ;) You can change the Vowels with keytracking..aint that cool? High resonance is good for strong vowels while low resonance still gives you soft vowels when using the 4pole bandpass. But I dont wanna start a fight :)

Some other tips: Play the Ring-Deluxe pitch or the Tonal Delay pitch with the keys...amazing! Play the loopsize on the keyboard. Tried the Steplooper? That one is really effective to sqeeze new beats out of anything.

Best
Rico

AL321 wrote: Bmanic, i don't know what DAW you're using, but in Sonar you don't have to use that on-screen keyboard at all. You can assign, say, a phaser to C3-C4, a filter C4-C5 etc, and you can trigger any effect at any time from your DAW's piano roll, by inputting midi notes.
The thing that makes this extra cool, is you can have variations of the same effect across the keyboard, so if your phaser is C3-C4, you can set it up so that the lfo depth increases as you go further up the keyboard. It's ultimate sonic control, really. That's why i like it.
No you guys don't seem to understand what I tried to say. In Native Instruments, The Finger, you can compose, on the fly, the effects order itself! So for instance, if I first touch the delay key, then the distortion and then the reverb.. the order in series would be:

Delay -> Distortion -> Reverb

This of course has a particular sound. Now lets say I touch the Reverb key first, then distortion and finally the delay. The order, in series and thus the sound would change to:

Reverb -> Distortion -> Delay

Effects order makes a HUGE difference in sound and being able to do all this live is what makes The Finger pretty much different from Artillery. No matter, I've already decided to go for The Finger as I own Reaktor so it's better value for me because I can completely customize/cannibalize it and learn from it's structure.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

yes, the finger has the added benefit of the whole "order is based on keypresses" thing.

Artillery runs as an actual plugin though instead of needing a reaktor or kore wrapper, and seems to sound better.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”