Artillery 2 vs. The Finger

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As some of you may know NI released a new effect called The Finger by Tim Exile. It's a great effect indeed, but I think Artillery2 had this concept for quite some time and since I'm a proud owner of Artillery2 there is nothing new for me in The Finger.

However The Finger still sounds quite impressive with all the granular and pitchshifting features that at this point are more advanced than in Art2. So I'm wondering if SugarBytes are planning some massive update for beloved Artillery2 or perhaps Art3? Thanks!

they just copied it !

i want to know how is the sugar bytes team going to respond , making artillery 3 even better !

go sugar bytes!!!

Overall, Artillery is more flexible/customizable and more effects.

The finger has one cool thing though - the effects are routed depending on which order you press them in, which is actually very cool. It could a looper then delay, or a delay getting looped depending, all on which order they were pressed. So they both have their benefits.

Since in Artillery2 you have 128 keys to put effects on, you could create
all kinds of effect chains and activate them at any time, so its possible
to have different routings, but in a different way.

The idea of different routing styles (which include serial and parallel routings) has been in our heads for Artillery3 which is planned of course, but not still this year.

best
Rico

actually - Tim Exile did it 1st ... but it's a long story.
he even presented this some years ago at our workshop.
but in a chaotic form "internal use only" - it took him some years to polish the product and make it usable for everybody.

so don't spit where you dont know what is all about. ok ?

Artillery 1 had been released in 2003 ;)

Sugar Bytes wrote:Since in Artillery2 you have 128 keys to put effects on, you could create
all kinds of effect chains and activate them at any time, so its possible
to have different routings, but in a different way.

The idea of different routing styles (which include serial and parallel routings) has been in our heads for Artillery3 which is planned of course, but not still this year.

best
Rico
Will you guys be offering upgrade pricing from Artillery2 to 3 when it comes out?

aplats wrote:Will you guys be offering upgrade pricing from Artillery2 to 3 when it comes out?
Yes, of course ;)

Anyone who has both The Finger and Artillery 2 care to share their thoughts?

Artillery 2 is more 'handy' :hihi:
"It dreamed itself along"

Thumbs up ;)

Clever... :)

Who cares? The finger looks cool but you'd NEVER use it.
You couldn't use it for DJing because thats too cheesy for words. Live performing instruments such as synths would be pointless bar maybe the beat repeat as everything would have been set up previously.
I genuinely see no point in it what so ever...

Sugar Bytes wrote:Artillery 1 had been released in 2003 ;)
So you guys definitely the first ! :party:

markkooper wrote:Who cares? The finger looks cool but you'd NEVER use it.
You couldn't use it for DJing because thats too cheesy for words. Live performing instruments such as synths would be pointless bar maybe the beat repeat as everything would have been set up previously.
I genuinely see no point in it what so ever...
its not quite aimed at the wedding-and-birthday-party DJ.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Sugar Bytes”