ELOQUENCE is gonna be renamed to THESYS

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Legally, you could most likely defend your usage of their trademark, since you are not competing in the same market (business applications vs. music software). Unfortunately, this isn't about who is legally in the right... its about who has the deepest pockets.

Thesys it is!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thesys is a knee jerk reaction, and there are surely better choices, if a little more time was taken.

Thesys implies: complex, intellectual, university, post graduate, junior level theory.

Hardly a go-viral type of concept.

I can understand feeling scared by a nasty lawyer letter. These are quite horrible communications.

But you surely need something better than Thesys.

Here's a names thingie to get the ball rolling.

> Sequent Midi

> Supreme Midi

> Better Midi Box

I know, I know ... but can we all have a try here?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Now some Friday evenin' fun.
kevvvvv wrote:Thesys implies: complex, intellectual, university, post graduate, junior level theory.
Add 'deep' and skip 'junior level theory' from the list then I'll say THEsys is a really good name. :)
kevvvvv wrote:Here's a names thingie to get the ball rolling.

> Sequent Midi

> Supreme Midi

> Better Midi Box

I know, I know ... but can we all have a try here?
kevvvvv... in my humble opinion those we're really bad names. :D Maybe it's just me but I don't think so.

jensa
kevvvvv... in my humble opinion those we're really bad names. Maybe it's just me but I don't think so.
I know, I know

In English we call it a Straw Man, ie, something to go at, to start things off.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Some friday evening fun ;)
The name has always been our second choice, that name
has some good story:

Its part of Syn-Thesis.
Thesis is a theory.
A midi sequence also is a theory which becomes reality
when you connect your synth.
The-Sys because its a system, a theory creation system ;)

Whatever, v1.0.2 is to come on monday, random min/max amount included ;)

best
Rico

thesis = the big idea! :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

yuk name, sorry

ttoz wrote:yuk name, sorry
I have to say yes. It is a yukky name, but I love this plugin so much I wouldn't care if they called it "ShitPlug".

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Personally, I like the name Thesys. I'm assuming it's pronounced "thesis" as in what I have to write in university. :)

My 1.1419 / 0 cents

G=-,

They threatened you with lawyers? Pathetic W*nkers.

I like the name Eloquence. Thesys is hardly a pretty name, but in the end, who cares what it's called - it's a great product (but needs refinement per suggestions thread) :)

Just go back to ERA 3 :shrug:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Why are people still offering name suggestions at this point?! The OP clearly says that the decision has been made and will be official tomorrow, which means that SB has obviously already had the GUI and website redesigned, etc. Do you guys really think there's a chance they might reconsider? :P

FWIW, I like the new name, but then again I don't care what you call it - it's a great plugin. :love:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Sugar Bytes”