Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spitfire Audio "BBC Symphony Orchestra" VST Pre-Order price £679/749 Euros/$749, RRP £899/999 Euros/$999

600 GB library, losslessly compressed from 1.4 TB of samples!

Also available pre-order on SSD for an extra £199 / £249 RRP

Product available October 24th. Introductory offer ends November 7th.
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/ ... orchestra/

Looks the tits, but too rich for my blood. Absolutely worth it I'm sure. The demo in the keynote sounds incredible.

NB. Your PC needs a decent amount of poke, but nothing too crazy. Their system requirements:-

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.10 or later Minimum: 2.8GHz i5 minimum (quad-core), 8GB RAM. Recommended: 2.8GHz I7 (six-core), 16GB RAM

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit) Minimum: Intel 2.8 GHz i5 (quad-core) or AMD Ryzen 5. Recommended: Intel 2.8 GHz i7 (six-core) or AMD R7 2700

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Wow. I'm incredibly impressed with everything Spitfire is doing.

dzilizzi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:30 pm
Nobdi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 pm
quietzone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am Ravage Distortion by SoundSpot
$9.62 instead of $192.60
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 923-Ravage
$192.60?...yeah, sure. As if ANYONE on this planet would pay that money for a SoundSpot plugin :party:
Those dream world retail prices are getting more and more ridiculous (I blame Waves :P )!
Waves used to sell for that much when they were the only kid on the block. When I first started doing computer music in 2006? Waves was pretty much it if you were on PC. And the studios used them, so they could charge a decent price for their stuff. I've seen the Platinum bundle for sale now for less than I paid for my Silver bundle upgrade on sale. But the competition has gotten to them. Most of the stuff on sale has paid for itself years ago.

Sorry, I get annoyed when people claim Waves plugins original prices are overstated. Now, Sunspot? Yeah, those are $30 plugins at the most.
This may be a small point , as I think I agree with the thrust of your comments. I wouldnt say that Waves competition has gotten to them as much as Waves has gotten to their competition. There would be no PA vouchers or sales or deep discounts from other vst fx makers if Waves hadnt dropped their prices drastically a few years ago. I think Waves was out front on combating piracy and where the market should be by revising their pricing structure with constant sales. Other developers would still be trying to soak the public with $300 compressors if Waves hadnt changed course

psynical wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 pm Wow. I'm incredibly impressed with everything Spitfire is doing.
Yea if those 2 demos are representative of what the library sounds like I'm impress too! :clap:
What ever!

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:19 am
$9.62 instead of $192.60
$192.60?...yeah, sure. As if ANYONE on this planet would pay that money for a SoundSpot plugin :party:
Those dream world retail prices are getting more and more ridiculous (I blame Waves :P )!
Waves used to sell for that much when they were the only kid on the block. When I first started doing computer music in 2006? Waves was pretty much it if you were on PC. And the studios used them, so they could charge a decent price for their stuff. I've seen the Platinum bundle for sale now for less than I paid for my Silver bundle upgrade on sale. But the competition has gotten to them. Most of the stuff on sale has paid for itself years ago.

Sorry, I get annoyed when people claim Waves plugins original prices are overstated. Now, Sunspot? Yeah, those are $30 plugins at the most.
This may be a small point , as I think I agree with the thrust of your comments. I wouldnt say that Waves competition has gotten to them as much as Waves has gotten to their competition. There would be no PA vouchers or sales or deep discounts from other vst fx makers if Waves hadnt dropped their prices drastically a few years ago. I think Waves was out front on combating piracy and where the market should be by revising their pricing structure with constant sales. Other developers would still be trying to soak the public with $300 compressors if Waves hadnt changed course
Good points indeed.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 am
Sciurus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am I and my wallet would greatly appreciate it if someone could convince me that frei:raum for €49 is a bad deal that I should stay well clear off.

(Yes, I'll try the demo.)
Continually throwing more money won't inherently improve your work and won't make you happy long term. You'll just be on the next 'got to have it' shortly after. Save your money and learn to enjoy what you have.

Besides, the more plugins you have in your 'collection', the more difficult it will be to maintain projects long term. Smarter to stick with a tighter collection and simply update the few.
:tu:
Most could get probably by with the stock plugins in their DAW, a couple of synths and a rompler for real sounds like piano and that's it.

$9.62 instead of $192.60

This is true. Waves has some really great plugins that do what they say they will do for great sales prices. And, if you don't own a Mac, work well forever. Truthfully, I think I've WUPed twice in the 13 years I've owned them. And once was because ProTools went AAX. If I just used vst, I wouldn't have needed to. The other was to get new stuff added to my bundle. :)

link to labor day sales topic?

If I want to transfer an iZotope product that was an upgrade, does the full product get transferred or is it several products transferred?

For example, I want to transfer Ozone 8. If I owned Ozone 4, then bought an upgrade to Ozone 8, does iZotope transfer both to the new owner or a full Ozone 8 instead?

The full Ozone 8.

Musical Gym wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:27 am link to labor day sales topic?
Is Labor Day a bigger sales day than any other weekend during the summer?

Used to be, there were set sales days. It was easy to plan your budget. Now everything is on sale all the time. Granted, I'm not really complaining. But it is hard to plan for really cool unexpected sales. :?

dzilizzi wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 am
$9.62 instead of $192.60

This is true. Waves has some really great plugins that do what they say they will do for great sales prices. And, if you don't own a Mac, work well forever. Truthfully, I think I've WUPed twice in the 13 years I've owned them. And once was because ProTools went AAX. If I just used vst, I wouldn't have needed to. The other was to get new stuff added to my bundle. :)
C'mon. Which Waves plugins are that great? :o

Roman Wisniak wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 am
$9.62 instead of $192.60

C'mon. Which Waves plugins are that great? :o
Center, Abbey Roads Tape, Abbey Roads Monitors, AR Reverb Chamber and Plates, Vocal Rider , Puig Compressor, Flow Motion Synth,CLA Mixhub,L1, L2, L3 Maximisers.

To Kurdish's list, I'd add Brauer Motion, Smack and H-Reverb, H-Delay to the list of plugins from waves that I continually go to despite having other options.

Yep. The entire Abbey Roads Collection, Scheps Omni Channel, Greg Wells and Maserati bundles, just to name a few.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”