Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fortycoats wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 pm
Tomgu wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:31 am Do any vendors have the Elevate bundle crossgrade from Anthology XI?
I’m still seeing a very nice price for Anthology XI crossgrade! Click ‘updgrade’ to get the deal.

Just checked 2 minutes ago

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ate-bundle
Anyone know how long this deal lasts? Need to demo...

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InsertNameHere wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:25 am
fortycoats wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 pm
Tomgu wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:31 am Do any vendors have the Elevate bundle crossgrade from Anthology XI?
I’m still seeing a very nice price for Anthology XI crossgrade! Click ‘updgrade’ to get the deal.

Just checked 2 minutes ago

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ate-bundle
Anyone know how long this deal lasts? Need to demo...

I’m guessing it will last until Monday 3rd September since it’s listed among the Eventide goodies that are on summer sale at the moment.

Quadravox at $29 is a great deal, one of my favorite things!

quietzone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am Ravage Distortion by SoundSpot
$9.62 instead of $192.60
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 923-Ravage
$192.60?...yeah, sure. As if ANYONE on this planet would pay that money for a SoundSpot plugin :party:
Those dream world retail prices are getting more and more ridiculous (I blame Waves :P )!

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 am I regret spending years of my life with little to nothing to show for it, but a long list of plugins in my DAW.
This.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 am

but am advocating finding a smaller setup for your sound and just get on with writing music with it.
word :clap:

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 amContinually throwing more money won't inherently improve your work and won't make you happy long term. You'll just be on the next 'got to have it' shortly after. Save your money and learn to enjoy what you have.

Besides, the more plugins you have in your 'collection', the more difficult it will be to maintain projects long term. Smarter to stick with a tighter collection and simply update the few.
Thank you! I think it worked :)

monomox wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:42 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 am I regret spending years of my life with little to nothing to show for it, but a long list of plugins in my DAW.
This.
Stupid to regret anything in the past. Learning is an other thing, by that you can change the present and the future.

omiroad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 am
VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 amI would agree finding a nice set helps tremendously. But I don't think there is a best.. a true top tier optimum setup. That's mythical.. better to just find a set that clicks well enough and roll with it.

One could waste their entire life trying new plugins and never make any songs otherwise, trying out every last item. And that would be sad... to have nothing to show for it all in the end. At least I think so.

Plus, if you're buying the next new eq or synth gear (even if you are actually using these tools to create music) you're going to end up with a filled hard drive and locked into reinstalling all these plugins if you ever switch PCs and want to reopen these projects to edit or rework at a later date. That gets messy, I know from experience. :x

I'm a sucker for bargains too. Yet another EQ or Synth probably isn't going to change things in the grand scheme of things. Find one or two that clicks satisfactorily and get going! I'd say, generally speaking, don't get stuck in neutral buying more crap thinking you'll suddenly become a better musician... it's a (expensive) trap.

On the flip side, I once took kvr advice (uh oh) that any decent musician can make great music with anything - One ping only and a spoon even - and thus not to worry about my gear because it didn't matter.

And I determined through years of struggling that this advice was thoroughly untrue. Because the gear did matter to some degree, if you're going after a certain sound (and that sound isn't one ping only and a spoon), then you'll need gear capable of getting that certain sound. The point being, I'm not advocating not getting a 'decent' setup, but am advocating finding a smaller setup for your sound and just get on with writing music with it. I say all this because I regret spending years of my life with little to nothing to show for it, but a long list of plugins in my DAW.

One doesn't need 8 VAs that do supersaw 0.0491% closer to the JP or has 'that' virus sound. Or 8 different Teddy Riley endorsed compressors or EQs. Spend the cash on one or two quality ones that tick your boxes and get to writing music is my advice. Otherwise it is down an endless rabbit-hole of the next greatest thing or bargain buy draining your wallet.
Quoted for truth.
Definitely true. My biggest problem is trying to find VI's that give me the sound I am looking for. I am still looking for an overdriven electric guitar slide sound whose length is controllable with a modwheel. I hear it in my head, but my fingers don't contort well enough to play guitar. And none of the slide sounds I have are long enough.

But really, sometimes newer does help. The old VI's when I first started are no where near as realistic sounding as the current ones, and they just keep getting better, and are much easier to use. FX however, maybe not so much. I still am happy with a lot of the old Waves plugins. I know how to use them, they work as good as most of the stuff out there. There are a few "magic" FX things (you can't take away my Blackhole!) but really, most of the stuff that comes with your DAW will do the job up to mastering.

And I am sure someone will argue with this....

Nobdi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 pm
quietzone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am Ravage Distortion by SoundSpot
$9.62 instead of $192.60
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 923-Ravage
$192.60?...yeah, sure. As if ANYONE on this planet would pay that money for a SoundSpot plugin :party:
Those dream world retail prices are getting more and more ridiculous (I blame Waves :P )!
Waves used to sell for that much when they were the only kid on the block. When I first started doing computer music in 2006? Waves was pretty much it if you were on PC. And the studios used them, so they could charge a decent price for their stuff. I've seen the Platinum bundle for sale now for less than I paid for my Silver bundle upgrade on sale. But the competition has gotten to them. Most of the stuff on sale has paid for itself years ago.

Sorry, I get annoyed when people claim Waves plugins original prices are overstated. Now, Sunspot? Yeah, those are $30 plugins at the most.

How To Overcome The Effects Of Gear Acquisition Syndrome The Next Time You're Tempted By A New Studio Toy:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... studio-toy
Last edited by Tomgu on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fortycoats wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34 am
Quadravox at $29 is a great deal, one of my favorite things!
I would love it, but can't afford any more plugins this month, too much promos, too much GAS, too little money :help: :dog:

waldemarjohann wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm freiraum by sonible 49€
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-freira ... le/?ref=32
So this is version 1 right?
What ever!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”