Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm
quietzone wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 pm My comment was in case it helped someone here regarding Prodyon/Rigid Audio - I would have jumped on those deals had it not been for the Reddit threads
Could you elaborate (briefly) on the Prodyon/RA connection? I am an original owner of the full Prodyon package. Loved that stuff. The dev really went out of his way to develop products with features that competitors didn't have. But the constant closing up shop really soured things. Is there a new entity? Are Prodyon products still available/updated?
You can still get the Prodyon products at VSTBuzz:
https://vstbuzz.com/store/

They are no longer in development. Still great stuff though. I guess a lot of people got upset when he sold off (or simply gave) the Prodyon assets to VSTBuzz and shortly after that started a new company under the name Rigid Audio. It is the same developer afaik.

The panic selling is indeed somewhat annoying (a lot actually). But the products are really nice. Just always assume that the regular price is only 10% of what is advertised as the regular price. That helps. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm
quietzone wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 pm My comment was in case it helped someone here regarding Prodyon/Rigid Audio - I would have jumped on those deals had it not been for the Reddit threads
Could you elaborate (briefly) on the Prodyon/RA connection? I am an original owner of the full Prodyon package. Loved that stuff. The dev really went out of his way to develop products with features that competitors didn't have. But the constant closing up shop really soured things. Is there a new entity? Are Prodyon products still available/updated?
You can still get the Prodyon products at VSTBuzz:
https://vstbuzz.com/store/

They are no longer in development. Still great stuff though. I guess a lot of people got upset when he sold off (or simply gave) the Prodyon assets to VSTBuzz and shortly after that started a new company under the name Rigid Audio. It is the same developer afaik.

The panic selling is indeed somewhat annoying (a lot actually). But the products are really nice. Just always assume that the regular price is only 10% of what is advertised as the regular price. That helps. ;)
Thanks for that.
Many of the products listed are very familiar. I believe I actually wrote a (positive) review of Shortnoise when it first came out on Prodyon's page here on KVR.
Prodyon also had some software products as well. One of which was, IIRC, a very useful chainer plug. I'm pretty sure it would fit into my 64x setup now, but it was pretty cool at the time as I recall.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:31 pm UA as in what you find at Plugin Alliance or UA as in I need to add something to my computer to get them to work?
Universal Audio
Googled and it is basically the same thing. I have most of the UA plugins that PA sells. What is interesting is that UA also sells the Brainworx plugins on their site. I guess they don't all need the internal card anymore.

For those of you considering Acustica products, this might come in handy. It lists the products and what they are based on. From what I understand they are not 100% emulations but "inspired by..."... https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 pm
dangayle wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:24 pm Which Acustica to get? I’ve never used their plugins before. Taupe looks nice. Which one is the best instant sound-betterer for people with meager skills and poor spending habits?
Gold and Viridian are the most dramatic and impressive sounding. For me, Water is the best, it has a great sound but not so heavy-handed as those other two. The other Acustica plugins sound great but lack discernible character. You can pretty much use Pink, Lime, Amethyst, and Sand interchangeably because they all sound about the same.
How would you rate Cream, Green, ivory or Magenta? :)

dzilizzi wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:52 pm Googled and it is basically the same thing. I have most of the UA plugins that PA sells. What is interesting is that UA also sells the Brainworx plugins on their site. I guess they don't all need the internal card anymore.
I don't know if those have that high frequency boost. I only analyzed the plugins made by Universal Audio and those are only available on the card and interface. Anyway, there's nothing special about it, it's just a narrow high frequency boost with a peak around 20kHz.

SiliconDeath wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm How would you rate Cream, Green, ivory or Magenta? :)
I remember liking Magenta the best out of those 4. Magenta doesn't have real character but there's something pristine about it, kind of like using Avalon hardware.

Regarding the bonus software licenses given with Beat Magazine, if you select a license that they only have a limited amount of will they remove it from the options when they run out of available licenses or will they leave it up and make you select something else?

I vaguely remember people complaining that they had the rug pulled from under their feet a few times but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Thanks in advance.
Nathan

plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 pm For those of you considering Acustica products, this might come in handy. It lists the products and what they are based on. From what I understand they are not 100% emulations but "inspired by..."... https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList
Awesome share! I made the mistake of actually clicking the link and next thing I knew I bought another Acustica plugin :dog:

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:54 am
plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 pm For those of you considering Acustica products, this might come in handy. It lists the products and what they are based on. From what I understand they are not 100% emulations but "inspired by..."... https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList
Awesome share! I made the mistake of actually clicking the link and next thing I knew I bought another Acustica plugin :dog:
Yeah, I bought 3 then saw that. Now, kind of wish I got Gold.

And wondering if it would have been better to upgrade my Harrison Mixbus to Mixbus 32 rather than getting Honey..... but then all three were less than the upgrade.

nathanj wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:40 am Regarding the bonus software licenses given with Beat Magazine, if you select a license that they only have a limited amount of will they remove it from the options when they run out of available licenses or will they leave it up and make you select something else?

I vaguely remember people complaining that they had the rug pulled from under their feet a few times but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Thanks in advance.
Nathan
Yes, that does happen. There was a bit of a s**t storm when they ran out of Heavyocity AEON licenses during a similar offer 2 or 3 years ago.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Thanks plexuss!

I ended up getting N4, Coral, Gold, and Magenta. I was on the fence with Honey and Cola because of the great price and ended up not getting them.

Also, on the AA Facebook page and this other site, AA mentioned that they are almost at the 1000 uses of their STRANGERCODE100 discount code. If you want to get something with the 70% discount code, you should jump on it real soon.

Regarding the current Acustica 70% off deal... Seems like they are doing more and more generous sales, so is it possible that this kind of deal (or even better ones) will come up in the future? (I asked because I'm really short on cash right now... :cry: )
Trance, Trance Is Life

I got Honey and Coral. Honey I like a lot, Coral I'm lukewarm on but the price is cheap enough. I thought about Cola but all those albums in the description are horrible sounding.

The free Acustica Titanium bass EQ is pretty great. It's essentially the boost/attenuate of the lower bands of the full EQ, but it's the best part. I believe it is an emu of the same Tube Tech EQs that Softube has. I would consider getting it, but the little free guy is the only part I want out of that EQ anyway :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”