Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:36 pm I guess a consolation for those that upgraded Arturia V Collection last year is that you got to play 3 very good new synths from the point that for you, they were well worth the $67 a piece...that actually still makes them really good value, while for the tight arses like myself, sure I got to save some cash, but I didn't get to play either and I'll tell you, I could really have used the DX7 and CMI in the past few months...so cheer up, you got some good gear at a pretty reasonable price (and yes, I get that their business strategy might leave a bit of a sour taste) and most of all, life is too short to get so worked up and angry about it...let's be honest, who here hasn't experienced something going on sale not long after you paid full price... :shrug:
Was it almost a year ago? Then I don't see the problem. This happens all the time with plugin deals. I agree they or rather the person, whom may not be working there anymore, shouldn't have made promises. I just upgraded for 99 which I think is appropriate . 199 or 249 upgrade wasn't worth it for me.......

Yep. Exactly. The only glitch is that they probably sold so much at the discount prices that they are no longer desperate for sales and have decided to up their prices. The problem is they had lots of marketing stating "Until Nov 30" on their website, which is now removed. It even stated that the 25% off was "even for bundles". Okay, so where's my 25% off code then?

Output.com Bunch of cheeseballs over there. Super sour taste in my mouth right now.

But like the above poster said, they're making it easy for me to save my money or to spend it with someone else. Only thing is, if they don't rectify this, I'll N.E.V.E.R buy any of their stuff ever again just to prove the point that you don't mislead me like that. Don't get my hopes up and then arbitrarily change the deal before your stated end date.

I've also not heard back from them after I contacted them yesterday. They've got a bit more time to rectify this before the door closes forever on them for me. We'll see...

On a more positive front my mailbox is already starting to get FLOODED with all kinds of BF deals by everyone else. Perhaps they're doing me a favor with their BS. Now I can have funds for a ton of other competitors products! :)

And for me the Arturia upgrade price of $99 is perfect for me each upgrade version. Going to go for that today. I started at v4, got v5 and now v6.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 pm I can't see an upgrade on JRR. Isn't the upgrade price customer specific?

Uncle E - will you be offering this?
We can match the $199 upgrade if you contact us directly but I'm afraid there's no way for me to get down to the $99 upgrade.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 pm Now waiting for Toontrack to follow suit with their constantly repeated "best SD3 upgrade price ever" claim.
FWIW, I've seen Toontrack's Black Friday promotion schedule and they're holding true to their word on SD3. Toontrack is famous for having some of the best Black Friday promotions around and this year is going to be just as good as always.

stefangx wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 pm Weird, JRR and Audio Dexe have Blackhole for $69.00 but if you go the Eventide's website directly its $49

https://www.eventideaudio.com/specials/holiday-sale
Very weird! I'll ask Eventide.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm does someone know if anyone will offer the $99 arturia upgrade too? or is it a personal arturia offer?
AFAIK, Arturia doesn't let dealers sell V Collection 6 Upgrades.

dandezebra wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:17 am Seriously though, anyone know what the Hell happened to my Output Bundle Price going up by ~$150?
My guess is they realized the loophole and over-corrected. I do understand why they did it but I also agree with you that it's cheesy that you're now getting almost no benefit at all.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 pm Now waiting for Toontrack to follow suit with their constantly repeated "best SD3 upgrade price ever" claim.
FWIW, I've seen Toontrack's Black Friday promotion schedule and they're holding true to their word on SD3. Toontrack is famous for having some of the best Black Friday promotions around and this year is going to be just as good as always.
Thanks for the info! At least one company seems to have a spine. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm Hope theres an extra discount, on the current discount for Bitwig upgrade, from certain outlets ;)
Working on it! :)

Rational wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:27 pm Only thing is, if they don't rectify this, I'll N.E.V.E.R buy any of their stuff ever again just to prove the point that you don't mislead me like that.
And for me the Arturia upgrade price of $99 is perfect for me each upgrade version. Going to go for that today. I started at v4, got v5 and now v6.
Based on the bolded principle above, I suggest you not try to investigate how Arturia advertised that $199 was the guaranteed lowest price they would offer for the upgrade.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 5.56.08 AM.jpg
I had to check this just to make sure I wasn't misremembering this.

I wasn't.

I'm a professional bargain hunter after all. :) Been doing this since 2001 at least here on KVR in finding deals.

So, false advertising? Seems like it. Says clear as day "NOVEMBER SALE" "NOW UNTIL 11/30/18".

They failed to send out ANY notification this would be going up before the end date.

Even their two emails to me about me leaving stuff in my cart say "Don't worry". (Attached) Well... it seems I needed to after all guys.

I'll leave it there for the next few days and see if they do right by us. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Nope.

Hopefully this is just a sly ploy to get us all truly invested in the original discounted price so as to get us to finally commit and they will just switch it back with a mea culpa. I was on the fence at $401 and now I'm all in if they go back to it , so maybe it worked...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kwilson wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:13 pm Actually, I'm not sure how they work out the bundle price. It should be 60% off plus another 25%.

The full bundle upgrade cost for me is 1,289.00GBP without discount. Take 60% off should be 515.60, another 25% off should be 386.70. Slightly more than the 359 earlier in the week and quite a bit cheaper than the 501 it is showing now.
I was figuring with movement my complete the bundle price should be $504, taking into account the 60% and 25% off amounts. They list $1827 as the full bundle value. Of course, USD and GBP are going to look a little different. But the idea is the same. They don't know how to calculate these things.

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm
Rational wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:27 pm Only thing is, if they don't rectify this, I'll N.E.V.E.R buy any of their stuff ever again just to prove the point that you don't mislead me like that.
Based on the bolded principle above, I suggest you not try to investigate how Arturia advertised that $199 was the guaranteed lowest price they would offer for the upgrade.
Hi jsp1979. I can't disagree with your logic. It's spot on. They also misled the market and I believe those who believed it and purchased at the higher price because of it will feel justifiably misled and choose to never purchase again from Arturia like I may be doing with Output.com depending on how they handle this.

As for me, I never actually believed Arturia on that original statement. So for me I have a little wiggle room in how I'm reacting to it vs others who did. Maybe I should boycott in solidarity as well perhaps to remain internally consistent on my stated principle. So far I've done so with Slate who misled me last year with not posting any terms on their deal at the time, that I had to purchase directly from them. I purchased from JRR, and then Slate played hardliner with their stance when I pointed it out. E.g. they really didn't care about their customer relationship with me. They were completely cold and indifferent to my input.

So maybe I will start skipping Arturia too. I've already got K11U and IK TS Max 1 w/Syntronik among just about all the others. At this point I'm just 'collecting stuff' for the sake of collecting. Which is something I and these companies should consider as it's every easy just to stop purchasing anything like I did for most of this year after my Slate treatment that I'm still miffed about.

I'll think it over. Thanks.

This and Sonokinetic are the two I really go crazy on. Probably not as much this year as I have most of both of their products that I am interested in.

Maybe (hopefully) they'll be willing to throw in a reasonable extra or two at some point before the upgrade price goes away then. Earlier this year they offered a free midi pack if you upgraded. I LOL'd at that and decided to wait for a better deal. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”