Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Analverb ?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Plugin Boutique sent out a "personal coupon" to people who got their free Neutron 2 Elements to upgrade to Neutron 2 Standard or Ozone 2 Standard for $99.

I had planned on getting Neutron Standard for the dynamic EQ, but as I understand it now Neutron's AI just detects what the instrument is and applies a generic EQ curve to it instead of intelligently adjusting the EQ over time to match the frequencies involved and automatically suggest resolutions for masking. I'm on PC so Gulfoss isn't an option, thinking of holding out for MSpectraldynamics to drop to around $100 or less. Does Toneboosters dynamic EQ 4 ever go on sale? It's low priced to begin with, more bands than Neutron, apparently similar AI capabilities?...

On convolution reverbs: if I understand correctly it's less about the plugin and more about the IR libraries?...

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm Does Toneboosters dynamic EQ 4 ever go on sale? It's low priced to begin with, more bands than Neutron, apparently similar AI capabilities?...
Toneboosters doesn't have sales, but offers discount to previous customers.
There's a demo available.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm Plugin Boutique sent out a "personal coupon" to people who got their free Neutron 2 Elements to upgrade to Neutron 2 Standard or Ozone 2 Standard for $99.
We'll be selling the full version for less on Tuesday.
I had planned on getting Neutron Standard for the dynamic EQ, but as I understand it now Neutron's AI just detects what the instrument is and applies a generic EQ curve to it instead of intelligently adjusting the EQ over time to match the frequencies involved and automatically suggest resolutions for masking.
Is that accurate? iZotope's marketing says otherwise but I don't know for certain. I was beta tested Neutron before it was released and it used to be much more heavy-handed than it is now. I actually liked it better that way but I guess most of the beta testers thought it was too much.
On convolution reverbs: if I understand correctly it's less about the plugin and more about the IR libraries?...
That's mostly true. Halls of Fame 3 provides a little more control over the decay than most. Many Universal Audio reverbs are convolution-based but they provide a lot of unique parameters and capabilities that I haven't seen anywhere else, especially Ocean Way Sound. Likewise with VSL MIR Pro, which is just an astounding achievement that does not get its due because it seems so simple on the surface. NOS Roomer is impulse-based but it's also a full multi-effects engine under the hood, based on the Kurzweil KSP8 and with algorithms created by the original Kurzweil programmers.

Uncle E, any plans for a sale on Air Music's Structure ? :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

soundbylaura wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:27 am Waves giving away a plug. Sign up "required".

https://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday- ... gin-signup

[Edit: my official guess is an electric piano]
Nah, a digital VU meter

Teksonik wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 pm Uncle E, any plans for a sale on Air Music's Structure ? :D
Not that one but check back Tuesday for something good.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:01 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 pm Uncle E, any plans for a sale on Air Music's Structure ? :D
Thanks, I don't really need Complete since I own most of the plugins in the bundle. The only other one I really want is Structure. But I'll check back Tuesday to see what's up........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 am
Uncle E wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:01 am
Thanks, I don't really need Complete since I own most of the plugins in the bundle. The only other one I really want is Structure. But I'll check back Tuesday to see what's up........ :)
I really like Structure, great loop mangler, it needs a GUI overhaul something fierce though! :o

Yes, like all Air plugins the Structure GUI is in dire need of an update. :?

SolarAxix wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:12 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:03 pm
Fleer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 pm Adaptiverb rules ‘em all.
Although it is on my wishlist, as a hobbyist I can't justify spending that much money on a reverb. Even at half price it is a little high for me.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of that other one every one talks about that begins with A. Why can I never remember its name?
Altiverb?
Yes, that's the one I want. Someday. Maybe.

After I win the Lotto. :)

Not me. Happy with EastWest Spaces for those convoluted reverberations.
Couldn’t be without Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, though, or FabFilter Pro-R.

Fleer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 am Not me. Happy with EastWest Spaces for those convoluted reverberations.
Couldn’t be without Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, though, or FabFilter Pro-R.
I have so many reverbs that I really don't need any more. And I have Spaces and Spaces 2 though I really should have waited on that. It will eventually be less than the upgrade price. Got sucked into the excitement. Sigh.

I know the feeling ;)
However, if you try Adaptiverb, you’ll see that it’s a synth, much more than a reverb.

Which means I probably will never use it. Not overly big on synths for some reason.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”