Eloquence out of sync in Logic

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musikmachine wrote:ckat, i don't think he's asking for a soundbank but the midi export. It already has a synth anyway so i don't think it needs more soundbanks! From my short time with eloquence i'm so impressed i will be checking out consequence as well. Btw if you dislike apple so much you may want to check out windows 7. It seems like m$ have finally got it right and you can beta test this version so try before you buy if you can run it under bootcamp. :)

Hi Musikmachine,

I totally understand the guys feelings. And his problem with the plug in. I think it sucks. I was sympathizing, not teasing.

As far as apple and microsoft go..... Apple is the lesser of two evils. I doubt windows got it, "right," with this new version.

N e ways, lets not have a mac/vs pc. No. I am not going to switch to a PC, as long as OS x is doing what I need to do.

OCYL4T3 wrote:There is no "work around" with Ableton.

I use ableton as well. I have no problem.

YEs, the problem is Apple. They purposely make the AU spec not to function well with midi.

Why?

We will know in about ten years.
Last edited by ckatrun411 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orbit-50 wrote:Image

You mean like this?

.-.
Or maybe KVR should post a warning about linking to external pictures. :)
-edit. Oh I get it. The warning sign. I really need another coffee.

Hi, we experienced that a realtime bounce might do the trick in some situations, not sure if that has been mentioned already,

Best
Rico

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi, we experienced that a realtime bounce might do the trick in some situations.., not sure if that has been mentioned already,

Best
Rico
I've just checked, playing drum hits with Eloquence and looking at the bounced audio file. It turns out that jitter is still about 20ms, basically the same as recorded midi.

ckatrun411 wrote:..the problem is Apple. They purposely make the AU spec not to function well with midi.
Not quite true. MIDI output of plugins is well defined in the AU specs, and actually implemented in some hosts and plugins (eg. Plogue Bidule).

Why it's not implemented in Apple's Logic? Technical problems I guess, since Logic doesn't support MIDI routing between tracks like other DAWs. So it would require a major rewrite, unlikely to happen in the near future as the focus of development seems on new audio features.

The way to solve this problem would of been to build in a midi recorder, then this plugin would only have to deal with internal midi sync.

or even better, midi drag and drop to host.

3rd option midi export.

but in my testing so far the IAC bus method is a major pain in the ass, and probably the most crude work around I have ever seen.

topaz wrote:but in my testing so far the IAC bus method is a major pain in the ass, and probably the most crude work around I have ever seen.
Well, apart from the timing issues I find the IAC workaround quite elegant. Basically you have one track loaded with Thesys (sending MIDI to IAC) and another track loaded with some instrument for playback and recording. This works without any cabling in the environment because Logic listens by default to all MIDI ports. So it's even simpler than using the VST version in other hosts where you need to set explicit routings.

but isn't the timing issue the show stopper ?

I have yet to record anything from this plugin that sound anything like when it's being triggered inside Kore 2 or in Ableton Live where there is a direct midi out into the plugin.
broc wrote: Well, apart from the timing issues I find the IAC workaround quite elegant.

topaz wrote:but isn't the timing issue the show stopper ?
Yes, unfortunately.

And the main culprit is Logic. Out of curiosity I've tested the IAC workaround with Thesys in Live and got much better timing on recording than in Logic.
Last edited by broc on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was talking about the vet version

Out of curiosity I've tested the IAC workaround with Thesys in Live and got much better timing on recording than in Logic.

topaz wrote:I was talking about the vet version
No doubt the VST version works perfectly.

is midi export or midi drag to host going to happen anytime ?

topaz wrote:is midi export or midi drag to host going to happen anytime ?
We've got it on the list ;)

best
Rico

When is this estimated to happen, we have waited a long time for effectrix to be updated with swing.

Is this feature likely to run into the same time before it happens?

Sugar Bytes wrote:
topaz wrote:is midi export or midi drag to host going to happen anytime ?
We've got it on the list ;)

best
Rico

The Effectrix update including swing is coming still this year,
the Thesys midi export/drag n drop is just something we currently think about.
It requires deeper research since the individual loopbars really make it a heavy task to put out something that has one startpoint and one endpoint.

best
Rico

Return to “Sugar Bytes”