Eloquence out of sync in Logic

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I trigger Eloquence to play sounds from a regular AU on lOGIC PRO 7.

Many thanks
Bruguju
Last edited by bruguju on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok,

I did a read on the manual and find my way.
But IAC doenst work that well, because it makes the sound well out of sync.

And i read some people having the same problem.

Can this be fixed?

for play back it works fine here.. no sync issues at all. Make sure on the right you have chosen eloquence to trigger with logic transport.. that might be the problem..

ttoz wrote:for play back it works fine here.. no sync issues at all. Make sure on the right you have chosen eloquence to trigger with logic transport.. that might be the problem..
It still goes out of sync...
Plus... the AU synth only plays if the track is chosen.
If i move to another track the sound stops.

Not cool at all.

You need to make a connection from the IAC port to your synth like described in the manual. Then the synth should always play, regardless which track is selected.

Unfortunatly the timing with IAC seems to make problems for some people.
Currently the only solution for this is to record the MIDI output and quantize it.

Robert

Sugar Bytes wrote:You need to make a connection from the IAC port to your synth like described in the manual. Then the synth should always play, regardless which track is selected.

Unfortunatly the timing with IAC seems to make problems for some people.
Currently the only solution for this is to record the MIDI output and quantize it.

Robert
And how do I record the midi output?

I ad a go at manual and in my opinion does not seam like ease process at all.
This reminds me back on the day that everything ad to ad works arounds to make it work.
This days if i pay for something I expect it to work direct... not to have to waist my musical inspirations with all this technical stuff.

Dont get me wrong... the plugin looks nice at start and if it only worked strait with no problems this would be fun indeed to play around.

But as a first time user of Sugar Bytes not very good impression indeed.

Sorry for the honesty.

Kind Regards
BJ

bruguju wrote:I ad a go at manual and in my opinion does not seam like ease process at all.
This reminds me back on the day that everything ad to ad works arounds to make it work.
This days if i pay for something I expect it to work direct... not to have to waist my musical inspirations with all this technical stuff.

Dont get me wrong... the plugin looks nice at start and if it only worked strait with no problems this would be fun indeed to play around.

Sorry for the honesty.

Kind Regards
BJ

Totally unfair. Its not Sugar-Bytes fault.

You should be blaming apple, for their Audio Unit spec. Apple is a horrible company, and frankly, if there were real Linux Alternatives, many people would be there.

I can't stand Apple, and if it wasn't for Microsoft Windows, I wouldn't even own an Apple computer.

Really, really, the fact that Microsoft and Apple are such horrifying mega-companies, who do everything possible to screw their customers out of choice and functionality, is not the fault of Sugar-Bytes.

Its a real shame Linux is not huge. Cause then every developer would be making ports. I'd love to see the day, Ableton, Rapture, Unique, PSP all work on linux.

ckatrun411 wrote:
bruguju wrote:I ad a go at manual and in my opinion does not seam like ease process at all.

Sorry for the honesty.

Kind Regards
BJ

Totally unfair. Its not Sugar-Bytes fault.

You should be blaming apple, for their Audio Unit spec. Apple is a horrible company, and frankly, if there were real Linux Alternatives, many people would be there.

I can't stand Apple, and if it wasn't for Microsoft Windows, I wouldn't even own an Apple computer.

Really, really, the fact that Microsoft and Apple are such horrifying mega-companies, who do everything possible to screw their customers out of choice and functionality, is not the fault of Sugar-Bytes.

Its a real shame Linux is not huge. Cause then every developer would be making ports. I'd love to see the day, Ableton, Rapture, Unique, PSP all work on linux.

Well... I respect your vision towards apple.
But at the end of the day I really don't care who fault is it.
I been charged 90 euros for something that does not work as advertised.

Now i am going around blame apple???
I am not against Sugar-Bytes in any way, but as a paying costumer I am a little disappointing with the outcome of this plugin that's all.

Best
BJ

bruguju wrote:

Ah...

Ok, I understand. Did you read everything about Eloquence before buying it?
http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Eloquence/details.php?lang=en wrote:Special workaround for sending MIDI with the AU plugin
Imho, in the forum, and on the website, the guys make it pretty clear the AU spec has a, "workaround."

I can totally understand your frustration. btw...

ckatrun411 wrote:
bruguju wrote:

Ah...

Ok, I understand. Did you read everything about Eloquence before buying it?
http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Eloquence/details.php?lang=en wrote:Special workaround for sending MIDI with the AU plugin
Imho, in the forum, and on the website, the guys make it pretty clear the AU spec has a, "workaround."

I can totally understand your frustration. btw...
Again... i am not against SB.
But I did read and no were states that even with the work around the plugin did not work.
Because I dont mind the work around if it works man.

Mine simple do not work... I did the work around and still is out of sync.
Now i need to do another work around... which is record my midi and quantize.

Whats the point in that??? I may as well just play around with Mattrix in logic.

I hope this plugin could work just direct... Or at list have a nice sound bank so it becames a proper nice synth with drag and drop midi function.
That I would even spend another 90 euros.

Best to all
BJ

bruguju wrote: Or at list have a nice sound bank so it becames a proper nice synth with drag and drop midi function.
That is Consequence. Everybody complained about this plug in. I think, I am the only one who likes this plug in. People complain so much, "Consequence doesn't need a sound bank, it should be midi only."

Now you are complaining, "Eloquence needs a sound bank."

I think it is very much a problem with the Audio Unit Spec. Everything with VST, on mac, in Cubase or Ableton, works excellent!

Did you demo Eloquence before you bought it? Eloquence has a very long 30 day demo.

Sometimes, we buy plug ins, before we finish our demo, and before we know if the plug in is good for us. I have too, I have bought lots of plug ins, that I sell in KVR cause one or two months later, I decide I don't like it.

Nowadays, I demo for a very long time, every piece of software I buy.

I'm still demoing Eloquence. Actually, I have to download the Update. Most likely, I am not even thinking about buying Eloquence till xmas.

Maybe you can download the demo of Consequence from Sugar-bytes. You might like Consequence very much.

Still!

I am very, very sorry you are upset. Believe me.

If you right an Email to the guys at Sugar-Bytes, maybe they have a solution for you.

ckat, i don't think he's asking for a soundbank but the midi export. It already has a synth anyway so i don't think it needs more soundbanks! From my short time with eloquence i'm so impressed i will be checking out consequence as well. Btw if you dislike apple so much you may want to check out windows 7. It seems like m$ have finally got it right and you can beta test this version so try before you buy if you can run it under bootcamp. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

It seems to be an issue with Logic, more than with Apple computers. I wouldn't trade my macbookpro for the world, and Eloquence & Consequence work fine with it. There is no "work around" with Ableton. You just set your routing as you would with any midi device. It's very simple, and is not a "work around". The problem is the AU spec does not support midi routing AND Logic doesn't support VSTs. At least, I'm under the impression Logic doesn't support them. I could be wrong on that. If that is the case, maybe Sugar-Bytes should post a warning on their website for logic users.
G=-,

OCYL4T3 wrote:maybe Sugar-Bytes should post a warning on their website for logic users.

You mean like this?

.-.
Last edited by Orbit-50 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”