symptohm

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Symptohm Symptohm Performer Edition

Remember to enable the High Quality mode. You can find it in the drop down list that appears when you click the 'Setup' button (almost at the bottom of the list).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Ranoka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:07 am
bmanic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 pm Symptohm for around 40$ at JRR shop is an insanely cool deal!

Damn.. if I hadn't bought the synth back when it came out I'd jump on that deal right now. It's such an underrated synth.

I'll try to remember to post my presets that I have made over the years and perhaps make a few new ones tomorrow. The factory content is pretty damn weak and I see that the latest installs contain some of my old presets but they are completely broken and do not load up correctly. I'll try to find those from backups and post them as well.
It's one of those synths I wanted for a while so I jumped at that offer! The tiny UI and lack of updates put me off from paying full price. It's a shame Ohm Force haven't been modernising their UIs.

When I have a play around in Symptohm I have no idea what I'm doing, I probably need to read the manual and study some of the patched to figure out how to make new sounds with it :hihi:
I think there was an old video on YouTube showing how to make a sound, I'll need to dig that up. Would be nice if someone wanted to make a new video demonstrating how to make a decent patch or two.

I would really love if you shared some of your patches. That would be very generous and would like to hear the sounds an experienced user has created!
.. and here you go. My original thread from 2008 revived with working links. :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=210197

Cheers!
bM

I recently purchased Symptohm, but it took four or five days before I received my product key and the download link to the full installer appeared under My Products in my Ohm Force account. It turned out that the responsible employee had been enjoying a (well deserved?) holiday and something in their automated sales system had gone wonky. Other customers were also adversely affected.

I'm posting this so that other customers who do not get a rapid response -- or at least a response within a reasonable timeframe of, say, 24 hours -- will not think, as I did, that the entire Ohm Force has been abducted by evil aliens bent on perverse sexperimentation on hapless French subjects. :hihi:

The good news: the Ohm Men are still at Ohm [groan] on Planet Earth.

By the way, it's an interesting "sync grain with filter bank" synth with unusual architecture, which I'm going to enjoy investigating in the coming days in a bid to figure out exactly what makes it tick.

CAUTION: If your eyesight is deteriorating, like mine, you may need a magnifying glass to interpret the miniscule UI.
Last edited by robst247 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That's disturbing indeed! :(

If you paid with Paypal perhaps you can contact them to get your money back. In the mean time, download the Symptohm Player thing which should be free and enjoy the patches in link above your post.

bmanic: Thanks for the advice. I had already downloaded and played with Symptohm PE (pauper's edition?). The problem with obtaining the swanky edition has been solved, so I've edited my original post to reflect the present reality (insofar as there can be any such thing as "reality", whatever that word may denote).

Return to “Instruments”