Question about presets on tubilesax 1.2 (resolved)

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is all related to the ammount of chars the whole directory location has.

Wk

AndreasEhrhardt wrote:
ttoz wrote:EDIT: guess what, i think i know what's going on..I just tested in EnergyXT, and had the same problem. Both times I had the directories pointing to where tubilesax is installed in the logic vst folder...
BUT, i copied the dll and sax data to a folder much higher up the directory tree, to c:/programfiles/tubile sax, and pointed chainer and energy Xt there, and guess what? they work fine now..so there is a bug if the directory is too deep obviously, something like that, which makes it a problem for logic becasue logic vst plugins HAVE to be in the emagic vst folder
Guess what, this isn't the problem. it's the install path..i moved the tubile sax dll and data folder all the way back to just C: and it still didn't work!...the only way it will work properly is if i point chainer to c:/program files/dashsignature/tubilesaxlite, which was where i installed the plugin to begin with..i uninstalled and reinstalled in logic's vst folder, and it worked..so it's something to do with WHERE you install!!! weird!! I dont want to install it in logic by default because have all my vst plugins organized in special subfolders and it would mess that up for me(i categorize by TYPE, not manufacturer)

in this case c:/program files/emagic/logic 5/vstplugins/synths/sampler + rompler/

plus, i dont like uninstallrs and such in my logic folders..i install by default all vst plugins that use an installer, ,to a dedicated manufacturers folder for thet plugins, for example, in the case of all dash plugins, i install them to c:/prgram files/dashsignature

then i copy the relevant dll's to logic, in the subfolder i want..
that way everything LOOKS the way i want it :wink:

Well, let me understand, you moved JUST the DLL, and not the SAX DATA? You need to understand, the SAX DATA MUST be in the same DIR as the DLL is, this information is suplied on the manual. ;)

Also, just moving the whole DLL to c:\ doesn't work, since you also need to point your VST HOST to look the c:\ DIR.

Maybe is the + char in the directory name, I will check for that too.

Just be sure that when you move TubiLeSax.dll around, you also move the "Sax Data" to the same location you placed the .dll file ok?

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Well, let me understand, you moved JUST the DLL, and not the SAX DATA? You need to understand, the SAX DATA MUST be in the same DIR as the DLL is, this information is suplied on the manual. ;)

Also, just moving the whole DLL to c:\ doesn't work, since you also need to point your VST HOST to look the c:\ DIR.

Maybe is the + char in the directory name, I will check for that too.

Just be sure that when you move TubiLeSax.dll around, you also move the "Sax Data" to the same location you placed the .dll file ok?

Regards, WilliamK
well of course i bloody copied the sax data folder, common William, i'm not stupid.

i just simply INSTALLED tubile sax into c:/program files/dashsignature/tubilesaxlite but then i COPIED the *.dll and the SAXDATA folder to my logic vst plugin folder. sop i didn't even move it..the originals are still there..i just copied..but YES, both the files are in the logic folder

Ttoz, sorry that you tought I was calling you stupid. I DON'T THINK YOU ARE STUPID!!! :o

This is just how support works. First we ask "Is the machine pluged on the wall?" :lol:

I will check the code, I know what is the problem, and I will fix it.

Sorry we had some bad times dealing with it.

Hope you still love us. ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK

Ttoz, could you please tell me the FULL PATH that gives the error? Also, does it shows any message-boxes while changing presets?

Regards, WilliamK

no error messages, i can still load any soundset from the tubile sax drop down soundset list, the path doesn't matter, if it is any different to where the plugin was installed, it will show the problem. FWIW i have it insatlled, once again, at c:/program files/Dash Signature/TubileSax Lite

That's what i was saying before, why i couldn't understand you thought i didn't copy the sax data folder also, when you read my posts carefully, you will see that i have said, that i have no problems choosing the soundset myself, it's just the wrong one is automatically chosen for the wrong preset...it's not the end of the world, but, i think you understand what is happening now...also, the beta you sent me did not work..

Lastly, i would like to apologize for overreacting...it's no excuse but I had a really bad week, ,had my heart broken :cry: and i've been really touchy..so sorry from me too :)

Sorry to hear about your problems, I know what's that like. ;)

Ok, now back to work:

- The Update I asked you to try did not fix the problem or did not worked at all?

- The Directory that the program shows the problem is c:/program files/Dash Signature/TubileSax Lite ?

- Also, wich FILE-SYSTEM and OS are you runing? FAT16, FAT32, NFTS? If you don't know, just open MY-COMPUTER and click on DRIVE C: and it should show.

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Sorry to hear about your problems, I know what's that like. ;)

Ok, now back to work:

- The Update I asked you to try did not fix the problem or did not worked at all?

- The Directory that the program shows the problem is c:/program files/Dash Signature/TubileSax Lite ?

- Also, wich FILE-SYSTEM and OS are you runing? FAT16, FAT32, NFTS? If you don't know, just open MY-COMPUTER and click on DRIVE C: and it should show.

Regards, WilliamK
the update worked as normal, ie i could use it the same, but it did not fix the specific problem.

The directory c:/program files/Dash Signature/TubileSax Lite is where i INSTALLED the plugin, and is the ONLY directory that DOESN'T show the problems...i.e. if i point chainer or energy xt there, then it is no problem..

i COPY(not move) the "sax data" folder and "tubilesax.dll" file from that folder to c:/program files/emagic/vst plugins/synths/sampler and that's where the problem is.

but this is what i am trying to explain that is very interesting...it doesn't matter WHERE i copy the files to, they will ONLY work properly in the original folder i installed them to....no where else, not even just c:/vstplugins..the problem is still there...does that make sense?

Ok, I am on Windows 2000 Service Pack4, running Fat32 file system

Could you please do another test?

Open TubiLeSax on the DIR that DOES the error. Click on the LOGO for the Global-Menu and select LOAD FACTORY it will load the Internal-Preset-Bank. Does that fixes the problem?

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Could you please do another test?

Open TubiLeSax on the DIR that DOES the error. Click on the LOGO for the Global-Menu and select LOAD FACTORY it will load the Internal-Preset-Bank. Does that fixes the problem?

Regards, WilliamK
no, it doesn't fix the problem:(

i'm starting to think this might be a registry issue, that the plug in presets will only work properly if accesses from initial install folder...

Thanxs.

Well, about the registery isue, we don't use the registery like that, so that's not the problem. ;) I will do a special version for you that will show the exact PATH that it is trying to read. ;) That should show us what's going on...

Regards, WilliamK

hello ttoz

maybe the registry issue idea could be right, even if we don't use registry to store installation path.(it wont harm to try at least)

I suggest to try this:

-open RegEdit search for "Tubi" and delete all keys with synth name inside

try if that fixes, if not

- zip the files in c:/program files/Dash Signature/TubileSax Lite
to save them if you need, and delete that folder, so that it doesn't exist

try if that fixes, if not

- reinstall the synth in the Dir you wanna use it : /sampler + rompler (?)
then move away the files you don't want there, that is: leave only the DLL and the Sax Data folder in place, as you copied the first time,

any success?

Just a note to confirm that the problem TTOZ reports also happens for me in Logic Plat 5.5.1.

I get the same thing with the presets in the latest versions (including 1.24 which I was sent to test another issue).

My installation of the plug is in:
C:\Logic 5\VstPlugins\DashSigniature.com \TubiLeSaxVLite\

Perhaps the path is one layer too deep -- getting rid of the DashSigniature layer might help.

Regards,
egbert

egbert wrote:Just a note to confirm that the problem TTOZ reports also happens for me in Logic Plat 5.5.1.

I get the same thing with the presets in the latest versions (including 1.24 which I was sent to test another issue).

My installation of the plug is in:
C:\Logic 5\VstPlugins\DashSigniature.com \TubiLeSaxVLite\

Perhaps the path is one layer too deep -- getting rid of the DashSigniature layer might help.

Regards,
egbert
thanks for at least confirming i'm not nutz, egbert!

as far as the layer too deep thing, i doubt it, cause i kept on going up and up one folder and it made no difference

Return to “NUSofting”