problem with AL in logic7pro

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i'm working with Logic7pro on a Mac PPC Laptop OS10.4.11 and have some problems with AL.
the PlugIn appears only as VST, not as AU.
i have 2 loopers activated and control them with midi control from the track.
everything is running fine, but after 4-5 minutes a pitch effect apears from nowhere synchron on both loopers, sounds like a too fast running tape in a short
part of the loops.
please help, i have to go on stage in 2 weeks and dont want to reactivate the 2 jammans!

thanks in advance,
Beo
:(
Last edited by augurforever on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't understand how you're using the VST version. Logic only supports AU, as far as I know.

It sounds like you're briefly modifying the pitch control somehow, maybe with parameter automation, or by sending a MIDI note message. Or maybe you're altering the delay time somehow.

Are the plug-ins sync'd to Logic's tempo? Is that tempo rock-solid, or is it sync'd to something else?

Hi Os,

ok, in the Audio Units folder i have a VST folder with plugins i changed with a VST to AU adapter.
yesterday i put the newest AL version (AU+VST)in my plugin folders, should they appear an expert sleeper folder?

this pitch effect is never at the same spot, sometimes everything works fine, but mostly not.
i deselected the input tracks for the loopers.
the loopers are synced to logic, midi clock is going out and i control logic (start/stop) with a remote control.

Get rid of the VST version of AL from your machine - you don't need it.

Can you send me a sound file so I can hear exactly what the effect is? I might be able to tell what the cause is from hearing it.

ok, will do.

Hi OS,

i've set up a completely new logic song with nothing in it except 2 loopers
and 4 audio instruments and
you know what - it works without any problems.
the original song was very long with tempo changes and some complex environments so perhaps its simply to much for logic?

this looper is a very helpful tool, thanks!

cheers,
beo

Return to “Expert Sleepers”