"Augustus Loop 'MultiLoop' script running"

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Os,

I hope you and your family are better. I've been busy rolling my own script together with a nice layout for my FCB1010 to control two instances of Augustus Loop. When I finally started working with it all sorts of problems appeared, probably not all related to Augustus Loop (I have retired my Fastlane Midi Interface because I would get constant errors). What happened was: some functions work the first time they are called but after that not anymore. Others don't work the first time but they do later. Also in console.log I get the startup message

Code: Select all

m_physicalRamSize 1.87GB
Augustus Loop 'MultiLoop' script running at 	Thu Jan  1 20:34:27 2009

twice, something that I don't remember happening on other scripts/Livesets I worked at.

Could you please take a look at the script to see if I have made some bad mistake?

It's here:

Thanks and a happy new year,
Axl

The script looks fine on a quick inspection. Regarding the startup message occurring twice, I assume that's just because you're running two copies of Augustus Loop - each instance loads the script and will print the message.

Are you routing MIDI to one instance of AL only? That's the idea with this multilooper script.

I've done some more testing and found that the fault was with Live and myself.

I had setup the top row of my FC1010 so that three buttons toggled between CC values 0 and 127 to select between two instances of Augustus Loop, and record to and freeze the selected loop. The fourth button was set to only send CC 10 with a value of 127.

It turns out that Live doesn't bother to send a CC value of 0 to Augustus, if it hasn't received a message from the same controller with a different value before. That's why Augustus never reacted to my first push of the button. Setting the controller to toggle between 1 and 127 solved that.

Also, the clearCurrentLoop button on the FCB would only work the first time, because Live doesn't send unchanging CC messages to Augustus. My solution for that was sending a NoteOn for Loop clearing. Now my script seems to run nicely.

:) :) :)

My next project will be a custom GUI that shows the main controls for both plugin instances in one window. I haven't really dug deep into that, so can this be realized with the current engine?

Hurrah! Some useful info on Live there - thanks for sharing.

Making a single GUI that controls both plug-ins will be a challenge - it's not a scenario I've really catered for. Basically you're limited to the get/setOthersParameter() calls from luaButtons - no knobs etc. My feeling is that your best bet for now will be to make a custom GUI that each instance will use, and have Live leave them both open at once.

Word is that Apple's MainStage is a very useful app for building custom GUIs for live performance - might be worth checking out if you've not already.

Ah, too bad. Having browsed through the documentation I had gotten the feeling it might be possible. I need to keep track of both instances loop lengths so a nice big display of those would be the most important thing. I'm gonna try to make such a Gui for each instance to use separately.

Cheers

Return to “Expert Sleepers”