Black Magic Drum Machine Beta testing finished

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jdt wrote:Crazzy! Black Magic works like a dream as a percussion synth when loaded as a VST in Deckadance. It's just what I've been looking for since I bought Deckadance. MIDI Thru works fine. Black Magic syncs to the selected deck's tempo. In Sonar, I again had a hesitation after hitting Play or Record. No Audio Stuttering tho.
Great :)

Sounds like the same latency issues reported elsewhere, I wish I could reproduce it here, I'll keep trying.

Ok beat 004 is released, changes:

- Fixed Soundscaper Gate
- Fixed some problems with some of the GDI+ code, may solve the slow button problems reported?
- Some general optimization + removed some redundant stuff.
- Flanger did not work if flanger->delay was used and delay was switched off - Fixed.

If people with the latency issue could try switching as much off as possible, such effects, compression etc, to see if there is something in particular which introduces it, that would be helpful. I still haven't managed to reproduce this, and looks like the biggest problem so far.

JDT - I think it could be the 'reset plugins on transport' that is causing your pause at playback in Fruity Loops, can you disable it and see? It's on the audio settings page, thanks!

Andy,

Here goes 2 issues in Live,

- When I click on the Letter D in "Sections" (I assume D is for Default?), Live Crashes.

Error Signature
AppName: live 7.0.14.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ap_sample_systemr_rm2.sem
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002caf

- There is a little button next to the release knob on Compressor that does not work (Does not become Red) when I click, but the compressor release works.

The CPU load in Live stays between 13 and 15% running all 10 modules, with the following setup;

- SC = TC Electronics Konekt 24D - ASIO TC Near Driver
- Sample Rate = 48KHz
- Buffer Size = 512 Samples
- PC Pentium 4 3.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP.

I sent you the Ableton live Crash report.

Alex.

I haven't found any bugs yet in FL.
Sure is a lot of fun to play with.
When I record a wav, Windows Media Player can't play it even though it says Codec acquired.
Any pointers on recording? - start/stop/duration/etc.
Can midi output be recorded/captured?

alexfalcao wrote:Andy,

Here goes 2 issues in Live,

- When I click on the Letter D in "Sections" (I assume D is for Default?), Live Crashes.

Error Signature
AppName: live 7.0.14.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ap_sample_systemr_rm2.sem
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002caf

- There is a little button next to the release knob on Compressor that does not work (Does not become Red) when I click, but the compressor release works.

The CPU load in Live stays between 13 and 15% running all 10 modules, with the following setup;

- SC = TC Electronics Konekt 24D - ASIO TC Near Driver
- Sample Rate = 48KHz
- Buffer Size = 512 Samples
- PC Pentium 4 3.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP.

I sent you the Ableton live Crash report.

Alex.
I was just going to post this...

I had the exact same crash once clicking on the "D"

I think I know what the default samples crashes are about, but I'm not too worried about that as the whole section will be recoded for the Kits System in the next week. I'll stop it from crashing in the meantime though...

The button next to release is left over, the Noise Gate used to be there, but it hasn't been added to the final graphics yet.

Musical Gym wrote:I haven't found any bugs yet in FL.
Sure is a lot of fun to play with.
When I record a wav, Windows Media Player can't play it even though it says Codec acquired.
Any pointers on recording? - start/stop/duration/etc.
Can midi output be recorded/captured?
Sounds like your soundcard doesn't support 24-bit, you can set it to 16-bit in the Master settings, it is set to 24 by default.

The Recorder Records exactly what you are hearing, by default it is synced to sequence 1, so will start on the next sequence start. The length will then form the length of a bar, It will then record for however many bars you have set in the master settings. You can also set it to A for Manual Recording, though it will still wait for the first beat of sequence 1.

here in flstudio 8... when i go to adjust the hosts tempo while the plugin is playing a beat.. cpu spikes and stuttering ect occurs..

also i notice that when randomizing with the global button alot of the percussion sounds are way too loud or too quiet in other words its hard to get an even "kit" sound going without alot of manual adjusting of volume levels ect..

this thing is getting better with each update though

also.. when i press the stop button in fl while blackmagic is playing a beat there is a long freeze up with stuttering ect

GJK - Can you try turning auto reset plugin to off in the audio options to see if that solves this?

ok i did what you asked... the freeze was gone but when i press play again there is no sound from black magic even when the a button is lit up and the plugin is clearly still processing audio.. the only way to brin the audio back was to toggle the a button again which doesnt seem like it should be nessesary.. also does black magic not auto link to the hosts tempo.. simply because the beat that comes from black magic seems to be out of sinc with fls metronome even though its the same tempo...

ok.. and trying again just now with the fl playbutton the long hang time thing was happening again...

now i am getting acess violation errors in fl when hitting the d button in the main section i tried like 3 times after relading the plugin and it keeps happening

You need to restart FL after unticking the box (or at least reload BM), it works here. It is definitely necessary as it seems that on each play the whole DSP is destroyed and rebuilt, which is a CPU intensive process and would definitely cause lag. I can't see how this option would be useful with any plugins really?

Also just to clear it up again, if you want to use Black Magic with a sequencer, use midi to trigger the sequences, the top right buttons are for working on sequences and for when purely creating exported WAV loops. You have to use midi to trigger the sequences in a project like with any other VSTi, otherwise it would be very tricky to synchronize. If you haven't used the midi side, I explained that in one of the last few pages.

Please read above for the default issue, I've disabled it for the next release, just avoid until then.

I can confirm that at the moment BM doesn't support tempo changes, I'm looking into that now.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”