Zebra CM Problem

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I thought Zebra CM seemed well worth trying so I installed it but Tracktion 3 does not appear to recognise it.
I tried removing & putting it back in again but it's the same story.

The installer has put a folder here:
C:\Program Files\u-he
& I asked it to put the actual plug-in here:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\VST\VST Plug-Ins\SYNTHS

The folder in the first location contains:
Presets
which contains ZebraCM which contains the sounds
Support
ZebraCM
which contains Data which contains Fonts, Images, Scripts.

The folder in the second location contains:
u-he
which contains ZebraCM.dll.

All in all it seems to be a rather odd arrangement, particularly having more than 1 folder called ZebraCM.
Is this the way it's meant to be or has the installer messed up somewhere?

I'd love to be able to use the synth.

Hi,

Yes, it should just work. The file structure is made up like that to conform with the u-he engine which sometimes comes with multiple plugins within a bundle, hence sometimes needs the plugin name more than once to distinguish between plugin and bundle... nevermind... I don't remember exactly though if not ZebraCM required msvcr71.dll to run (which is pre-installed on Windows systems but sometimes goes missing after a recovery).

First steps would be:

Download a free host such as Hermann Seib's excellent SaviHost and check if ZebraCM works in that

If it doesn't, download msvcr71.dll from here, put in System32 folder and check again.

Cheers,

;) Urs

ZebraCM works in Tracktion 3 on both my systems (C2D E6750 & AMD XP2200+)

Subz

I had a similar problem with moving from FL7 to Cubase 4. I just uninstalled ZebraCM completely and reinstalled it to the folder that Cubase needs the .dlls to be in. I'm sure Tracktion has an equivalent folder.

Hi

Thanks. I tested it in that host, Urs & it worked fine so...what does that mean, I wonder?

Subz...are things in the same locations on your systems?
Obviously allowing for the fact that my 2nd location will correspond to your preferred main VST Plugs folder! ;)

Well, just put ZebraCM.dll into another folder, it doesn't have to remain in the ../u-he/ directory. Maybe Tracktion doesn't scan down there and thus may find it in another place?

I've actually tried that.
Took it out of u-he & put it directly in my synths folder but T3 still ignores it!

I can't make sense of it because it's ignoring 3 things at the moment, 1 of which is nested in another folder but I looked closely to compare it with another synth from the same developer & they both have an identical hierarchy yet one synth shows up fine while the other is ignored.
Last edited by GantzGraf on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's really weird then... I guess it's a problem with T3 then... :-|

Yep, very odd especially given what Subz said!
Hopefully he can tell me a bit more about locations on his systems.

Thanks for your help, Urs & congrats on what seems to be a vey nice sounding synth!

Subz...are you out there?

Return to “u-he”