Knagalis EMM previous tests

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maybe I found a way to post the image let's see if it will work:

if you can see the image then see the 'extra' rar files that are inside the PickLute.rar.... what are they, why are they there, etc :?:
Last edited by max on Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

try this -

if you can see the image then see the 'extra' rar files that are inside the PickLute.rar.... what are they, why are they there, etc
slainte :P rob

btw max -

just put the tags around your url - that way it shpws up as an image rather than a link

yes thanks ok i found a way to post images by putting them on my comcast web site..... and I see you also see the same files inside the rar file.... so ah, those 'other' rar's should not be there once the PickLute.rar has been opened ...right? There 'should' only be 3 files and the containing folder that should be copied to the EMM Data folder, eh?

again, this is also in the Mbria rar file.... the other sample rar files, [Sitar,etc] seem to be OK.

hope this helps to clear up some confusions and maybe some problems :?: :roll:

max wrote:and I see you also see the same files inside the rar file.... so ah, those 'other' rar's should not be there once the PickLute.rar has been opened ...right? There 'should' only be 3 files and the containing folder that should be copied to the EMM Data folder, eh?
erm - thats YOUR image i posted - i just copied the location from your [pre-edit] post and put it up to show you how

:D :D :D
:D :oops: :D
:D :D :D

but yes - i DO see those extra .rar files if i look inside the picklute .rar

right thanks understood teach... so now it's like deja-vu all over again... LOL or maybe deja voodoo 8)

I would add balafon and and other percussive instruments that should fit the EMM design,

any other suggestion? Gamelan bells? Drums?
Since you have bagpipe, why not add the typical snare, tenor, and bass drums used by bagpipe bands? You could possibly even make use of the sympathetic voice to add samples of multiple drums playing in unison, to simulate a whole band--the primary voice being a single drum.

How do you pronouce Knagalis and what does it mean?

nag alice

How do you pronouce Knagalis and what does it mean?
I was going to suggest that the developers include a wav file of them actually pronouncing that word for us. :)

When changing the root note, especially for bagpipe, does anyone else think that the drone pitch should also be automatically changed to match the new root note? I sure think it makes sense to do so.

Also, bagpipes aren't even normally tuned to a "C" note, which is the current default of this VSTi. In the final version, you might consider making the default tuning for each instrument reflect what it typically is in real life.

yes Krazy Knammee oh well

so ah... I have it all reinstalled and set up with the new samples and .... [hush now] so far NO monster Noise... [I do still live in fear! :o ]

and now I turn to a question about the scale txt files.... just want a simple thing at this point... I want the equal temperment file to appear at the top of list, so that when returning to it, I don't have to scroll for a day to find it... so I made a copy of the file and renamed that copy to 01-Equal Temperment.txt thinking that would put it at the top ...but that don't work...

then noticing the files start with 05- I again renamed it to 05-AAA Equal Temperment.txt... and that don't work either...

So, ...what exactly is the proceedure for doing something like this... making and controlling the order of the SCALE txt files? ..or are they for some reason beyond our control??? I can see that when there are more presets that use the scale txt files, it could create a problem.... and if that is the case, how about a fast way to 'return' to the equal temp. scale? say a 'one click' shortcut?

Anyway, so far on this round all seems ok... sounds are good... hmmm well I'd actually like the shenai to be a bunch more 'reedy'... I heard a lot of shenai long ago in india and have never gotten the 'raw-wild' sound out of my head...

As to what other instruments to add... geeez anything and everthing that you can possibly think of is the short answer. Bells, sure... drums... sure...

One consideration pops to mind: There would seem to be some 'crossover' as to instruments between TubliSax [say for flutes, etc], AG for strings [Sitars, etc] and EMM.... but if you don't consider that a problem, then the more instruments the better for EMM. :!:

interesting thought McL...

but I would think there could be a prob with changing the drone automatically to match the root note.... especially with splits... then again when the drone is set to sync, it really could be a good idea...

as to the various scales, etc.... it seems that will or can be done via the presets... there are a few examples in the preset bank that can be downloaded..... and of course one of the prob's or blessings with this is the huge number of possible combinations of instrument and scale and root and mono mode that can be included in a preset... not to even mention the other possible tweaks...... presets for this synth alone could become a lifetime occupation for some kvr group... :lol:

Good news. We finally found the problem that was causing the Explosion-Noises. It was indeed another memory problem. I spent hours and hours remaking the whole Waveform code to avoid this problem. It will take a few extra hours to release a new beta, just to be totally sure ok? ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

then noticing the files start with 05- I again renamed it to 05-AAA Equal Temperment.txt... and that don't work either...
Those numbers at the beginning of the scale name indicate how many notes are actually in that particaulr scale. Not all of the temperaments have 12 notes in them, in fact most of them don't. Unless the menu gets reprogrammed, I think the only way for an end-user to speed up the menu, is to remove several of the temperament files from the directory, and store them in a backup folder. If you remove enough files, the menu will no longer need to scroll. There is still plenty room for several different scale files, using this approach.

Also, if you want to add a scale file of your own, you will have to remove one of the supplied ones first. The menu system only allows for 99 files, and all those "slots" are already used up by the current collection of files.

take care,
McLilith

Return to “NUSofting”